PDA

View Full Version : Logan's Helen is Having Surgery!

tatsxxx11
03-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Just wanted to pass along my love and prayers for our wonderful friend Logan, whose daughter Helen is undergoing surgery tomorrow morning. She is having a tonsillectomy!!:( Many of us can realte to THAT, I'm sure! (Aly, are you reading this???) Logan, Helen, we love you and will keep you in our prayers until we know you are home, safe and well. Love, Sandra and Family.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-27-2002, 06:58 PM
Boy, do I remember THAT surgery. Prayers are on the way for fast recovery.

LoudLou
03-27-2002, 07:20 PM
" Ice Cream. ICE Cream. Gonna have some Ice Cream!"....
Okay, well maybe not. I don't think they let ya have ice cream anymore. Brings Many, many memories for me too. Wish sweet Helen a speedy recovery. I am sure that she'll have quite the team of nurses, Honey, Lilly, Mimi, Butter, & Roger! And of course one most wonderful Mom to spoil her while she's down. ;) Get Well soon , Helen!

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 07:25 PM
{{{Helen, Logan}}},

Ew, does not sound like fun. Wishing you well and that you'll be feeling fine by Easter, honey. Good luck. Fingers and paws crossed for ya. Holding you in our prayers.

Love,
Amber L. and >^..^< Cassy and >^..^< Livvy

sammi
03-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Wishing that Helens surgery goes just fine. She will be on the mend in no time! And have lots of ice cream ready (and I would hope Mom gets Helen a special gift).:D :D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Helen, I will keep you in my thoughts, and prayers! We all hope you get well soon!!! :) ;) Good luck!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

zippy-kat
03-27-2002, 10:15 PM
My tonsils are still attached but I've had all four (impacted) wisdom teeth removed! OUCHY!!!

Helen I hope your surgery isn't nearly as painful as mine was! I'm sure all will go well...we're all wishing for the best for you on this end! Hit your Mom up for lots and lots of Ice Cream!! (Hmmm...and if you can look REALLLLLY pitiful, it might be a good time to ask for a Roger-ette? ;) )

Good luck kiddo!!

Sudilar
03-27-2002, 10:34 PM
I'll be saying some special prayers for Helen (and Logan, too). I hope everything goes well and before you know it, you'll be all better, Helen!! Good luck!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-27-2002, 10:36 PM
WISHING YOU A QUICK RECOVERY :)
Hugs to you both, we will be praying for you:)

Logan
03-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by sammi
Wishing that Helens surgery goes just fine. She will be on the mend in no time! And have lots of ice cream ready (and I would hope Mom gets Helen a special gift).:D :D

A gift??? Oh no!!! :eek: Sammi, I have bought jello of every flavor, popsicles, ice cream, strawberries and bananas to make smoothies, and lots and lots of bottled water that she can drink, but a gift??? Stupid me!!!! :o :o I could die!!!

Some of Helen's excellent cyber friends have been kind enough to send her gift certificates that she has used to get all kinds of good activities, like books and cds. Do you think having Mom take off two days from work to "nurse" her will do? Oh, I hope so!!! I allowed her to have people spend the night all weekend, spent loads of money helping them to have fun, even allowing two friends Saturday night!! Hope that went towards the gift catagory!!! I even got a new refrigerator last month that makes crushed ice, so she could eat ice chips.

But, Tonya, NO ROGERETTE!!!! No way!! That Roger is quite demanding enough on his own!!! LOL!!!!

Thank you, Sandra, for letting everyone know what is going on here. I debated whether to mention it to you all. But you know what, it was the right thing to do!! You are all so supportive of Helen and me, and all of our crazy, but wonderful animals. I could not have more wonderful friends.

Honey and Lilly have been groomed today, so they are clean and ready to help "nurse". In fact, Lilly got the treasured spot in the "big bed" tonight, as Honey was critter hunting and still has refused to come inside! Butter is extremely friendly right now, having just spent about 30 minutes in my lap!! :D :D What a guy!!! And Mimi is her regular sweet self, so she will be great at warming up my girl and keeping her happy. And Roger will sing lovely tunes to her. I may even allow him to spend some time in her room if she wants him.

Thank you, everyone. I will let Sandra know by phone, when we are home tomorrow afternoon, so she can update you.

Love,
Logan :)

Logan
03-27-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
" Ice Cream. ICE Cream. Gonna have some Ice Cream!"....
Okay, well maybe not. I don't think they let ya have ice cream anymore. Brings Many, many memories for me too. Wish sweet Helen a speedy recovery. I am sure that she'll have quite the team of nurses, Honey, Lilly, Mimi, Butter, & Roger! And of course one most wonderful Mom to spoil her while she's down. ;) Get Well soon , Helen!

And by the way, Lou, the doctor said she can have all the ice cream she wants, as long as she follows it with many gulps of water!!!! Thank goodness she likes water!!!

LoudLou
03-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Ice Cream Party at Helen and Logan'S House!!;) Lots of love and get well wishes to Helen.

Logan
03-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Ice cream parties are much better than Possum Parties.....we're having one of those right now and Miss Honey thinks she needs to stand guard! LOL!! She's still outside, and there she will stay, I think. I'm headed to bed!!! :)

gini
03-28-2002, 12:35 AM
Dear Helen, we all fell in love with you when we first saw one of your pictures that Mom had posted. And we are still enjoying every post that your Mom feels she wants to share about you.

There is no doubt, these surgeries are just no fun. But know that all of us here are thinking about you, praying for you and just a bit jealous. It has been a long time since someone told me to have as much ice cream as I wanted................

We hope that by Easter morning you are feeling more like your regular happy self. In the meantime, I know that your Mom will give you unending care, Mimi and Butter will give you lots of loving, Roger is sure to sing his very best and Honey and Lilly will want to help you out with all of that ice cream.

We are all pulling for you and you are much loved.

Gini and Rascal

Gio
03-28-2002, 05:49 AM
I did remember that Helen was supposed to have her tonsils out but could not think of the date. I'll be thinking of both of you tomorrow.

Please, get well soon Helen! :)

Sudilar
03-28-2002, 06:58 AM
Saying prayers for beautiful Helen!!

purrley
03-28-2002, 07:00 AM
BASKINS ROBBINS HERE WE COME!!!! Logan - hope your Helen will be up and runnin really soon. Poor little one - sore throats are no fun:(

jennifert
03-28-2002, 07:25 AM
Good Luck Helen! I still have my tonsils but I remember when I was younger and many of the other kids were getting theirs out! I was so jealous! I wanted to lie in bed, eat ice cream and be pampered all day!!!! Heck, I want to do that now!!
I'm sure the "crew" wil be wonderful support for you, probably crowding the bed to get to that ice cream and jello!

And what a great mom! She buys a new fridge just for her sweet girl!! WoW! I knew you were special but that's amazing!
Keep us updated!

Best wishes!

Jennifer & Duncan:D :D

anna_66
03-28-2002, 08:21 AM
I just read that Helen is having surgery & I just wanted to say we are thinking of you both! Hope she don't fell too bad for ice cream!

thelmalu99
03-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Good Luck with your surgery, Helen!
I have not had my tonsils out, but I hear you'll get to eat lots of ice cream afterwards, so that's something to look forward to! ;)

We're pullin for ya!
Thelma, Elvis,
Danny and Yertle:D

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2002, 10:41 AM
I was 14 and my mother scheduled my surgery for the day before Thanksgiving so I would only miss one day of school :mad:

I suspect Helen's mom had the same idea!

Good luck Helen...it's an ice cream walk!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2002, 10:59 AM
But, Tonya, NO ROGERETTE!!!! No way!! That Roger is quite demanding enough on his own!!! LOL!!!!

Gosh, Logan, just think what you are missing: Roger could teach his girlfriend, Zip A De Do Dah, and you could listen to it in stereo!:eek: :D

jackiesdaisy1935
03-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Well Logan, it's tomorrow and I'm hoping that Helen did well and that it's all over by now and she is getting some much needed rest. I know how worried you have been and you need some rest too. It's always traumatic when one of our loved ones go in for any kind of surgery. I'll be anxious to know how she is and please give her hugs and kisses from all of us.
Jackie

Albea
03-28-2002, 12:30 PM
SWEET, DEAR HELEN:

Hope everything has gone well with your surgery. Have a great weekend surrounded by your friends, the four and two-legged ones,and your wonderful mom who I'm sure will do all she can to make this experience as pleasant as possible.
Best wishes for a quick recovery.
Love from Carina and Alicia.

tatsxxx11
03-28-2002, 01:06 PM
I just spoke with Logan from the hospital.....Helen is doing GREAT!!!:) The surgery was over by mid-morning; 1 hr. in the recovery room, and now she's back in her room, sitting up having some ice cream, gatorade and ice chips! And, watching TV! She hurts a bit, but other than that, she's doing amazingly well. Logan said they will be heading home by 3pm!!!!!!! I'll bet she's looking forward to that, and getting all those welcome home lovies and kisses from Lilly and Honey! Logan says thanks for all your good wishes and prayers, and she'll check in when she can a little later. Karen, Logan couldn't believe that this was the day beautiful Cody was DOTD!! She can't wait to see him when she gets home, and sends her love to Cody and to you!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2002, 01:20 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!
So glad everything went well. Helen gets to go home today?! That's fantastic! I had to stay in the hospital for days. Of course that was ... Ahem .... years ago.:) :)

gini
03-28-2002, 01:59 PM
What great news. Wow, she goes home today? She will be much happier at home with all of the furkids and pampering from Mom.

Logan
03-28-2002, 03:38 PM
She's home!!! And she's snoozing away. Nobody in the bed with her YET, but someone or maybe even two will be there soon, I'm sure.

My girl is a trooper, and this mom feels 100% better now. She was so brave and even smiled at her dad in the recovery room. They have a "joking" relationship, and he plays with her all the time. I was glad he came up for the day and she was too.

Thanks for the wonderful prayers and good wishes. I am sure that they helped her immensely!! She ate some ice cream at the hospital, plus drank, drank, drank and that is exactly what she needed to do. We'll keep it up. As the morphine wears off, I'm sure she will be uncomfortable, but she has a good nurse, at least a very attentive one!! :)

Thanks again.
Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2002, 04:24 PM
I guess I got to this a little late, but it's good to hear everything went well and Helen is home resting. Whew! :) I still have my tonsils but I remember when my little brother had them taken out. He was not a happy camper even though he loved all the jello and ice cream. He's kind of a loud kind of guy, and was a loud kind of kid, so I'm sure the biggest problem was that he couldn't go yelling around the house like he normally did.

Take care Helen, and Logan, give yourself a treat to for all the worry you've been through. :)

AmberLee
03-28-2002, 04:32 PM
{{{Helen}}},

Glad you are home and recuperating. Hope you are feeling perky again soon.

Snugglebunnies and headbumpies from >^..^< Cassy and >^..^< Livvy

aly
03-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Oh Helen, sorry for my belated well wishes but I am glad everything worked out. I feel your pain. I know you'll be 100% better in no time. You are so much braver than I am!! And you've got soo many little furry nurses along with a loving mom. I'm sure even Dr. Butter will come give you some loving :)

Now I've got to go run and hide from Nurse Sandra before she drags me to the hospital!

tatsxxx11
03-28-2002, 07:08 PM
Aly dear, you can run but you can't hide!!!;) Helen, I hope you've had your puddin' and are napping snuggly with the furry ones!!

Gepansy
03-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I've had all four (impacted) wisdom teeth removed!

I remember when you came out of the denist office, your cheeks were soooo swollen.

Logan
03-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Pudding didn't end up tasting so good. About two bites went down. She has been wonderful eating her crushed ice though, and drinking water. Plus, she also ate a bit of pasta, just boiled with a little olive oil on it. She asked that I fix blue Jello for tomorrow........blue???? :confused: YUCK!!!!!

She's sleeping now. We got through the first 30 minutes of so of the Sound of Music on video. We'll watch the rest tomorrow when we are being lazy.

Night all.
Logan :)

Sudilar
03-28-2002, 10:03 PM
Wooohooo! Glad the surgery is over and Helen is on the road to recovery! Rest well!

Cynthia
03-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Helen, hope you're feeling better and that you're up and around soon! Meanwhile, enjoy the time with your wonderful Mom and your special family. And eat LOTS of ice cream!!!! :D :D :D You deserve it!

zippy-kat
03-28-2002, 11:46 PM
Here's wishing and hopin' for a speedy recovery!! Sounds like you are well on your way!

purrley
03-29-2002, 06:57 AM
Logan - Helen OK??? Should I buy stock in Baskin Robbins?;)

Pam
03-29-2002, 07:21 AM
Logan, how's your little patient doing today? Did she have a good night's sleep? I bet her bed was filled to overflowing with furkids! ;)

Logan
03-29-2002, 07:37 AM
Helen slept very well last night. She had medication once, but didn't wake up again until 8 am. She was comfortably flanked by two lovely and clean Golden Girls, who slept right where I had planned to sleep!!

She has had blue jello (yuck) and lots of water so far this morning and is now flanked by Lilly and Butter. Honey has headed outside for a while. And she's watching our all time favorite movie, "The Sound of Music".

Our system is that she "ring" for me when she needs me. I strung a lot of bells on a ribbon, so it sounds like Christmas around here!!

She is in pain, but that is to be expected, but I'm delighted that she is trying to eat a little and drink a lot. That will help her so much. Her incentive is obviously to get to enjoy at least a little bit of her Spring Break! :)

I'll tell her inquired about her this morning!

Logan

Former User
03-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Speedy recovery for Helen! Logan, you're such a great mommy and take good care of her! Weldone!

We hope your whole family have a nice weekend and HAPPY EASTER!!!

gini
03-29-2002, 08:49 AM
Good morning dear Helen and Logan. I am so glad you made it through your first night after surgery alright. Having those clean pups along side you helped I am sure!

Now exactly what does "blue" taste like Helen? Hmmmm, don't think I could try it. It reminds me of those Tidy Bowl drinks that adults have. YUCK!

Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies too........enjoy your pampering Helen, I know that you are going to be feeling too good to stay in bed much longer.

AND A VERY HAPPY EASTER TO YOU!

Dixieland Dancer
03-29-2002, 01:01 PM
Speedy Get Well Wishes from all of us!

Logan, I know Helen is in good hands or should I say paws! When anyone is down in our house Dixie and Dusty are never far away with their comforting presence. Although this time of year I can't keep them clean so they have been on the floor more than usual.

Tell Helen blue is my son's favorite too! He even likes the blue poweraid drinks more than soda. :rolleyes:

AdoreMyDogs
03-29-2002, 07:33 PM
Logan and Helen, I am SOOOOOOOO sorry about missing this :( I knew that beautiful Helen was getting her tonsils out soon, I just didn't remember the exact dates :(

Helen, you brave little sweety. You continue to get better and enjoy being nursed back to health by your wonderful, wonderful mom. I am glad everything went well, and I hope Helen heals quick.

Love to you all during this time of recovery.

sammi
03-29-2002, 09:15 PM
:) Happy to hear that Helen is coming along okay! Please tell her that I hope she gets better real soon so she can enjoy part of the weekend. Sounds like she has all kinds of 4 legged nurses on call ( and of course the 2 legged mommy nurse). Happy Easter to Helen & Logan.;)

Sudilar
03-30-2002, 09:14 AM
How's Miss Helen this morning? We're thinking about you and Logan!

Sue, Killi and Shi

tatsxxx11
03-30-2002, 09:23 AM
SOOOOO..........................How IS the patient doing this morning???:) Helen, I hope you're up and feeling lots better today. Is your fever gone? Keep drinking those fluids, and stay warm and cozy, surrounded by all your furrry nurses! Love to you all. Sandra and the Kids.

Logan
03-30-2002, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone.

We're having the worst day yet, today, which they warned me about. She's ok though, still running the low grade temperature and just hurting worse than before. The nurses are in action....all but Honey, who is frightened of everything in sight the last two days. :(

Thanks for keeping Helen in your prayers. :) She appreciates it and so do I.

Logan

Former User
03-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Oh poor Helen....:( Casper and Kitty sent their love for you, and hope that you feel better soon! We hope your furry and skin nurses will help you and you feel better soon!

((((((((((Helen)))))))))))

momoffuzzyfaces
03-30-2002, 12:57 PM
Gosh, Helen, My four boys and I all hope you are all better soon. It's rough feeling bad. Lots of kitty kisses from here to help you mend faster.:)

gini
03-30-2002, 01:09 PM
Oh, dear Helen, I am so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well today. What a bummer! Keep up those fluids though, that is what you need. I really hope you are starting to feel much better by this evening and that you can get plenty of sleep.

Logan, it sounds as though you are are going to need exactly the same.

big hugs to all of you!

LoudLou
03-30-2002, 01:16 PM
:( Poor Helen. :( We are bummed when our friends our bummed. Hugs, Kittie Kisses and Tail Wags (Ok, Nub Wiggles. Louie doesn't have a tail.;) ) For you to get better. Drink LOTS of liquid and Get LOTS of HUGS!:)

tatsxxx11
03-30-2002, 01:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Logan. I'm sure the fever's taking a bit out of her, as well as the pain. Did they say you could give her some Tylenol for that? Oh, I'm sad so for her. Just stay in bed dear Helen, rest, drink lots and cuddle with Mom and the puppies. We're hoping and praying you'll perk up soon. Love and kisses from all of us here. We're thinking of you. Sandra

4 feline house
03-30-2002, 05:45 PM
http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/De_Niro/blushingsun.gif

Dixieland Dancer
03-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Logan, Helen is in my prayers. Hopefully she will be back to normal soon. Please keep us posted. I also was surprised to hear Honey is being afraid of everything the last two days. What is up with her? Did something happen?

Logan
03-30-2002, 06:13 PM
There's no telling what did it this time, Dixie. It may be time for us to really talk about her, privately. I'll try and email you tonight or tomorrow with more detail.

Logan

Stenograsaurus
04-01-2002, 12:00 PM
How is Helen doing today? She's still in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
04-01-2002, 01:34 PM
Hi Beth. Thanks for thinking of Helen. I think she's a bit better today! :D She has showered, sat at the computer for a few minutes, watched movies, read a book, etc. She doesn't want to eat today, but is drinking her water very religiously! What a good patient she is, plus she has her grandparents here today and I'm working. Grandparents are always more fun!!

I mentioned this to Sandra in an email last night, but I thought it was too cute to keep from telling all of you. Our only working VCR is in Helen's room right now, which has come in very handy for us during this recuperation. She has a little 13" combo tv/vcr. She and my dad started watching "The Pistol" last night, a movie about basketball great Pistol Pete Marovitch (sp?). Well, while dinner was heating up, Mom and I went in and sat on the bed and were watching too. We all four ended up piled in chairs and on the bed, eating our dinner on trays and watching that wonderful movie together! A picture would have been wonderful!!
:)

LoudLou
04-01-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Logan
....We all four ended up piled in chairs and on the bed, eating our dinner on trays and watching that wonderful movie together! A picture would have been wonderful!!

Well, with "Nurses" like that Helen will be up bouncing around before ya know it!... It's SO great that she has ALL of you to keep her company!! Your such a great MOM!:D

Dixieland Dancer
04-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Nothing like the Grandparents to spoil them with lots of love! I'm sure they were in heaven being there on the bed with her and you!

sammi
04-01-2002, 03:08 PM
That sounds like the best way to have supper! Glad Helen is doing ok and taking in lots of fluids. Did you make Helen a "Easter Shake" of pastel colors? LOL:D

jennifert
04-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Logan, can I come live with you? Everytime I read any of your posts, I envision your home and it seems so cozy and warm and welcoming and full of love!!

Oh but we can't have Duncan and Butter is the same house! That would be trouble! ;)

Ila
04-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Wishing you a quick recover & lots of ice cream!!

Gio
04-02-2002, 01:42 AM
How's Helen doing today?

Logan
04-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by jennifert
Logan, can I come live with you? Everytime I read any of your posts, I envision your home and it seems so cozy and warm and welcoming and full of love!!

Oh but we can't have Duncan and Butter is the same house! That would be trouble! ;)

That was a very nice thing to say, Jennifer. Thank you. I do think we have a warm, cozy house with all of our furry friends, but along with that comes lots of fur and dirt too! LOL!!!! :o

Helen just awakened and my mom is with her. She is so much better (at least she was last night). I think she is improving every single day. If all goes well and the doctor releases her on Thursday, she will go spend a few days with her dad and "other" family. I sort of like having her around all the time!!! :D

You are all welcome here anytime you want to come!! :)

Former User
04-07-2002, 07:20 AM
Logan, how's Helen doing now?

Logan
04-07-2002, 07:29 AM
Good morning! Our Helen is improving every single day, thank you, Niina. She is spending the weekend with her dad, continuing to rest, and still can't eat a whole lot because of the pain in her throat. But she had a good checkup at the doctor on Thursday and he said "one more week", and she'll be as good as new. :) She feels a lot better, but must take it easy this next week. :D

Former User
04-07-2002, 07:38 AM
Good to hear that Logan! :) Have a nice Sunday!

lynnestankard
04-07-2002, 07:41 AM
Oh Logan I'm so sorry to have missed this thread (been away) it sounds as if Helen is over the worse - yes?
You know over here when the children have tonsils removed their kept in hospital for at least three or four days after surgery!! Amazing. So you've nursed Helen through the very worst haven't you? What Mum's can do!!!! I just hope she goes on to a full recovery and that you'r managing a little rest this week-end.xxxxx

Love Lynne

gini
04-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Logan, let me echo Lynne's thoughts.........I hope that you can get a little rest and relaxation this weekend. You deserve it!

You have been through a rough time and I am sure you are exhausted yourself!

Sudilar
04-07-2002, 11:34 AM
Glad to hear that Helen is coming along fine!!