PDA

View Full Version : Aww! It's My Beautiful, Lovable Mutt Roxy! *3 Pics*

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I got some new pics of Roxy! Enjoy!!!
Aren't I just Adorable?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/Roxy3.jpg
Hi Mom! Can I smell your Camera Phone?? It looks tasty!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/Roxy2.jpg
Look at that Face!!!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/Roxy1.jpg
That's All! Roxy hopes you enjoy! :D

Jamieejo85
11-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Aww...Roxy looks like such a sweetheart! I am glad that you put some new pictures of her. Her and Maximus would make a cute doggy couple..hehe :D Thanks for sharing, hopefully you can post some more sometime ;)

Flatcoatluver
11-10-2005, 07:17 PM
aww roxy look at you!! Your such a cutie!!! smoches!!! I hope you have a fun time at our pet talk dog party tormorrow!!!

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Aww...Roxy looks like such a sweetheart! I am glad that you put some new pictures of her. Her and Maximus would make a cute doggy couple..hehe :D Thanks for sharing, hopefully you can post some more sometime ;)
They would make a cute couple! Maybe they should have a virtual date ;)

Chica
11-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi Roxy, you are such a sweetie!!!!! ;) You have an adorable face my love!!!!!! ;) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/dog.gif

Kirbys Mom
11-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I like the last one, she looks so cute ^_^ so how is Lily?

Chica
11-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Hello, Briana,You took those pics with your cell phone? Not Bad. ;) ;)

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I like the last one, she looks so cute ^_^ so how is Lily?
Great! I get to see her again on Monday! How's Kirby?

K9soul
11-10-2005, 07:52 PM
She is beautiful... and I know it's all been said and said again, but I have to express it just once. It hurts my heart so much to see her living on a chain, the ground all packed and muddy, and dig holes around from her boredom. The only pics I've ever seen of her have always been on a chain. I'd love to see some of her off of it.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 08:12 PM
She is beautiful... and I know it's all been said and said again, but I have to express it just once. It hurts my heart so much to see her living on a chain, the ground all packed and muddy, and dig holes around from her boredom. The only pics I've ever seen of her have always been on a chain. I'd love to see some of her off of it.
I'll try to get some offchain :)

.sarah
11-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Pretty girl, I love the second picture.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Pretty girl, I love the second picture.
Me,too!! Shes such a silly goofball!!!

Oggyflute
11-11-2005, 03:01 AM
She is so gorgeous, and so hugable. :)

k9krazee
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Yay, new piccies!! She is very cute!!

JenBKR
11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
What a cutie :D

Jadapit
11-11-2005, 11:45 AM
She is such a doll. I love her turned up nose. :D

Vela
11-11-2005, 11:47 AM
I'll try to get some offchain :)

I think you missed the point...

You are a pretty girl Roxy, I'm sorry.

Suki Wingy
11-11-2005, 12:10 PM
She's adorable! Especially the last picture. She looks so happy to see you!

MyLittleMutt
11-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Roxy is a pretty girl!

Toby's my baby
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Roxy is so cute!

Anita Cholaine
11-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Roxy is so cute!! I love her ears....

elizabethann
11-11-2005, 03:30 PM
VERY adorable!!

Cataholic
11-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I think you missed the point...

You are a pretty girl Roxy, I'm sorry.

Oh, no, I am sure she got the point, she is just staring past it, again. And, again. And, again.

Then, someone will lock or delete the thread, and once again, the ostrich will return its head to the sand.

It is quite sad. :(

Roxyluvsme13
11-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry, But I don't want to hear everybodys opinions anymore. I've heard them twice, and I know Roxy is happy and healthy, so Whatever, and Because some people say something everytime I post something about Roxy or another pet I guess I will have to stop posting Pics Altogether

carole
11-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Briana thanks for sharing the pics of Roxy, she is indeed beautiful and it is obvious from the pic she is well taken care of, I don't think we should continue on with the discussion about Roxy everytime Briana posts, I think most of it has been said, and regardless of how anyone feels, the situation is out of our hands really.

K9soul
11-11-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm going to comment once more since it was my post that initiated some tension this time. No post of mine was ever intentionally made to personally attack anyone, and this post is no exception. I am not personally attacking her in any way, but I did open the thread, did see the pictures, and had to speak my heart, just once. I hadn't said anything before, I didn't want to get involved in the threads that had gotten so nasty, but I had to speak my thoughts on this. In my eyes, the way this dog is living is wrong, and I cannot just keep that in and pretend I feel otherwise, so it comes to either never replying at all, or posting and saying how I feel at least once, because I can't just close my eyes to it. Yes she looks well fed, certainly she looks happy to see Briana and that's great. Dogs are social animals and are always thrilled to see members of their "pack." I also like that I don't see any waste laying around (hopefully it's cleaned up and not out of the picture to the side). But I do see a severely trampled ground that tells me the dog spends the vast majority of her time on the end of a chain. I see holes dug around, probably from boredom. That just is not right, not for any creature.

I realize that my words will not make a difference in this situation, and I realized it when I posted it, but I had to post it for me. It is not posted with the intention of being hurtful, but because I wouldn't feel right if I saw something going on that I felt was wrong, and never said a word. My thoughts are free to be ignored, there's no need to reply with defensiveness, anger, or arguments. I simply had to get something off my chest, and I did and it's done.

All that said, I certainly will happily look at pictures of Roxy and be glad to reply as well if I see pictures without her sitting on a chain. The chain part takes my joy away at seeing her. So I honestly would be thrilled to see her if she were free from her chain in the pictures. The fact that every picture shows her chained gives the impression that she never is let off, and that is what so many find upsetting.

Roxyluvsme13
11-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I understand...I do have some pics off-chain...AND As Soon As I find My Digi-Cam I will take lots more :)

tikeyas_mom
11-11-2005, 08:55 PM
AWW great pics:)
she looks really happy :D

poofy
11-11-2005, 10:02 PM
What a pretty girl you are hope you get off that terriable chain sweetie.

dappledoxie
12-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Roxy is very cute, I must say.

I also must tell this little story from my life. When I was younger, probably around 10 or 11, I wanted a dog so bad, my mom didn't care for dogs and she definately didn't want them in the house. So, my sister bought me a collie, guess where he had to stay, on the end of a chain, on a "trolly" type of setup, he could've gone down the trolly about thrity feet and outwards about twenty. He didn't though because the noise it made scared him. I had no choice, I wanted him inside, but mom would never have it. So, about a year later, a year of watching him lay down pretty much all day long, looking sad, depressed, and pitiful, I told mom we needed to find him a home where he would be able to run free and be inside with a family where he belonged and that I would just wait until I was able to get a home of my own to get another dog and keep it in the house with me.

Well, we did find him a home, a wonderful one, I went to see him all the time. It made me feel so good to know he was no longer on that horrid chain. He was happy and loved by us all, especially his family.

Now, about three years ago, when I was 19 years old, I got Rebel and a year later, Claire. They stay inside with me, where I spoil them rotten as can be, and I don't care what anyone says, this is my opinion and I won't force it on anyone, but there is no way to show a dog love like you can when that dog is inside your home with you all the time. No way. When it's cold outside, people don't want to go and sit in the yard with their chained dog for eight hours. A chain is no happy life, day in and day out, being healthy and fed and warm and having attention for even an hour a day is not being happy and loved, not true happiness and love.

I am really sorry, I know you are tired of hearing it, but I was once in your situation, a parent that wouldn't let my dog inside, wouldn't spend money to get him vet care let alone toys, just food and water, so I gave up that dog that I yearned for so badly, and it hurt, bad, but in the end, I did a good thing.

I know that some may get mad at me for yet again saying more that others have probably said in some way as well but I had to say that, I had to. I'm really sorry you guys.

Almita
12-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Briana those are really cute pics of Roxy.

I'm not gonna pay attention to all the stuff that is going and i know it is hard to try to post but then again cute pictures of Roxy!

Alysser
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Guys, I am on both sides. I hate seeing her on a chain to. I would NEVER in my life put ANY dog on a chain night and day. Maybe when your not there for a few minutes but that's it!NEVER how Roxy is being kept now. But she can't do anything about it. I'm sure she tried but its not working. Great pics! She's so pretty!

Iilo
12-21-2005, 07:54 PM
I can't help but notice that her collar doesn't fit right.

Being a Mal owner and fancier, I know many people who house their dogs outside.

Being a friend of a few people who sled, I know people who chain their dogs.

What bothers me is that you have a distinction between your two animals. One, who is "cuter" and smaller, gets to live inside. The other lives outside in the cold. She has a short coat for god's sake.

I'm tired of hearing you tell people that it's your mom's fault. It's YOUR fault that you got another dog when you have one sitting outside waiting for you to come play with her. What's ROXY doing when you're inside with precious Lily, that's my question.

GoldenLuv
12-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Sorry, But I don't want to hear everybodys opinions anymore. I've heard them twice, and I know Roxy is happy and healthy, so Whatever, and Because some people say something everytime I post something about Roxy or another pet I guess I will have to stop posting Pics Altogether
you might think that she is happy but i am sure deep down inside she is NOT happy being outside freezin her tooshy off and watchin you cuddle and what not with the other dog's that live inside..

BRING HER INSIDE or REHOME HER.. come on

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 08:19 PM
All I have to say is I hope other people can find more pleasure in posting on here. I am planning on leaving after Christmas.

poofy
12-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Hello Roxie your a doll, love ya :)

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Hello Roxie your a doll, love ya :)
Aww Thanks :)

CagneyDog
12-21-2005, 08:41 PM
All I have to say is I hope other people can find more pleasure in posting on here. I am planning on leaving after Christmas.

You are doing this to yourself. We aren't rude people, we simply feel bad for your abused dog.

If you dislike it here why don't you leave now?

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 08:47 PM
You are doing this to yourself. We aren't rude people, we simply feel bad for your abused dog.

If you dislike it here why don't you leave now?
For one thing. You guys care too much. I mean I know you care about the well being of animals and stuff, but I cant even post pics anymore w/o people starting this little argument again. How can I have fun being here when I get all this stuff crammed in my face everytime I post stuff?!

Suki Wingy
12-21-2005, 08:48 PM
is Roxy having fun?

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 08:49 PM
is Roxy having fun?
She's probably sleeping right now...

CagneyDog
12-21-2005, 08:52 PM
She's probably sleeping right now...

She's probably freezing outside, alone, wishing she was indoors.
Instead of spending all the time on the computer, you should be out with her,.

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 08:54 PM
It's 9:53 at night.

CagneyDog
12-21-2005, 08:58 PM
So? You can still go sit with her for awhile.

You've been on PT all day though...that's time that should be spent with her.

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 09:00 PM
So? You can still go sit with her for awhile.

You've been on PT all day though...that's time that should be spent with her.
It's Dark. It's Cold. I have a COLD. Tomorrow I plan on taking a 30m run with Roxy and a 30m walk. PLUS spending 1hr playing with her.

Suki Wingy
12-21-2005, 09:03 PM
I think it is funny that you use little things as excuses, I have a cold too, Niņo got a 45 minute walk today and a romp in the yard.

CagneyDog
12-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Well if you wouldn't like to sit outside neither would your dog.

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 09:06 PM
I cant do anything else about my dog being outside. I'm going to walk her and spend more time with her my gosh what else do you want?

Iilo
12-21-2005, 09:07 PM
For you to actually do these things.

You say you will.

But how the heck do you always reply like three seconds after we post?

My god, get off the internet and play with your dogs.

Suki Wingy
12-21-2005, 09:08 PM
I know from present personal experience you can't always change your parents mind and I would have left it at that but you keep making up excusues! I am done here now.

CagneyDog
12-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Well if its too cold now whats the difference tomorrow? A half hour walk isn't enough, especially for a young chained dog.

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Well if its too cold now whats the difference tomorrow? A half hour walk isn't enough, especially for a young chained dog.
I SAID A half hour walk...plus a half hour run PLUS 1 hour of playing

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 09:10 PM
For you to actually do these things.

You say you will.

But how the heck do you always reply like three seconds after we post?

My god, get off the internet and play with your dogs.
Because I can...and I'm a fast typer. I cant play with my dog right now anyways....It's 10:10 at night.

CagneyDog
12-21-2005, 09:12 PM
I SAID A half hour walk...plus a half hour run PLUS 1 hour of playing

Ok great! So now she only has 21 hours on a chain.

Vela
12-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Just telling you, if you stop responding they will stop posting....It just keeps it alive and more remarks will be made. You'd be best to just go off to bed and actually follow through tomorrow with the time spent with roxy and it'll work better for you than arguing on the computer about how you are going to spend time with her and yet you are too busy here to really do it.

CagneyDog
12-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Just telling you, if you stop responding they will stop posting....

This is ironic coming from you....

dab_20
12-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Roxy is gorgous!! Glad you posted some pics. :)

Vela
12-21-2005, 09:16 PM
LOL yes i thought so too...but being 13 and her continuing with the excuses was only prolonging it and she uses so much time here she can't spend it with Roxy. I was referring to myself as well in the "they" who will stop posting. It's hard not to responsd to something you feel very strongly about and when you see more excuses it makes it harder not to respond.

Roxyluvsme13
12-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Roxy is gorgous!! Glad you posted some pics. :)
Actually these pics are Really old...I posted them like last month lol

dab_20
12-24-2005, 05:54 PM
oh well i just saw them. lol

Alysser
12-24-2005, 06:11 PM
It's like this. If you have a dog that isn't getting the proper care you DON'T get another dog. You either shape up and try your best until you can care for the dog or you rehome her. Roxy probably feels replaced. If she's to big for your house why would you mom buy her?

finn's mom
12-24-2005, 06:43 PM
I've been avoiding this whole situation, but, I felt like I should say this. There is absolutely nothing that anyone says in here that is going to change Roxy's substandard life. Regardless of who's to blame here, nothing is going to change at all. Everything has been said and said and said and said. The only thing I think needs to be done is for people to just ignore from this point on. I mean, I haven't posted on any of the threads with pictures or whatever, because the whole situation bugs me. But, whether you agree with the situation or not, and, most in here don't...I just don't think it's cool at all that people totally kill a picture thread with negativity that has already been hashed and rehashed. Seriously, as much as I'd like to see things differently in that household, there's nothing that hasn't been said to her. Anyway, I just felt like I couldn't hold that back any longer. Heck, Merry Christmas everyone. Bah humbug, too. And, this is not meant to start a flame war, and, I haven't even read most of the thread...but, that was just my two cents.

MyLittleMutt
12-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Why, can't everyone just drop this? Nothing is going to change. Her mother is not going to allow the dog in the house. She does not want to rehome Roxy. Please just stop.

Frankly, I would be upset if a stranger told me to rehome my dog. So please everyone stop.

It is almost Christmas. Be nice...Please!! :)

Edit: To say, I agree 100% what was posted before me.

If you do not agree with what is going on. Please don't open her post anymore and move on.

CagneyDog
12-24-2005, 07:28 PM
I've been avoiding this whole situation, but, I felt like I should say this. There is absolutely nothing that anyone says in here that is going to change Roxy's substandard life. Regardless of who's to blame here, nothing is going to change at all. Everything has been said and said and said and said. The only thing I think needs to be done is for people to just ignore from this point on. I mean, I haven't posted on any of the threads with pictures or whatever, because the whole situation bugs me. But, whether you agree with the situation or not, and, most in here don't...I just don't think it's cool at all that people totally kill a picture thread with negativity that has already been hashed and rehashed. Seriously, as much as I'd like to see things differently in that household, there's nothing that hasn't been said to her. Anyway, I just felt like I couldn't hold that back any longer. Heck, Merry Christmas everyone. Bah humbug, too. And, this is not meant to start a flame war, and, I haven't even read most of the thread...but, that was just my two cents

Kari, This whole thread had ended. As you can see there has only been one post since the 21st.

BC_MoM
12-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Merry Christmas, Roxy! I hope your "loving owner" rehomes you as a Christmas present or for a New Years resolution. :)

cali
12-24-2005, 09:22 PM
for gawds sake people, not everyone in this thread but almost everyone posting in this thread is insanly rude, deny all you want but its the truth. some people keep their dogs outside, GET OVER IT. Roxy is obviously not neglected, she is healthy, she has food and water, the chain is long enugh that she can move, I assume she has shelter, and she gets attention, and she's clean, and her area is clean, this is a LOT more then many dogs, if you actually want to make a differnce help the dogs that NEED help. but dont you dare slam people who give their dogs everything they require and more just because they are chained.

Roxyluvsme13
12-25-2005, 08:22 AM
for gawds sake people, not everyone in this thread but almost everyone posting in this thread is insanly rude, deny all you want but its the truth. some people keep their dogs outside, GET OVER IT. Roxy is obviously not neglected, she is healthy, she has food and water, the chain is long enugh that she can move, I assume she has shelter, and she gets attention, and she's clean, and her area is clean, this is a LOT more then many dogs, if you actually want to make a differnce help the dogs that NEED help. but dont you dare slam people who give their dogs everything they require and more just because they are chained.
Wow thanks. I mean does she look unhappy? NO.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/TinkLvr013/Roxy3.jpg
She's a VERY happy dog. She couldn't be happier. Think of all the strays out there who eat garbage, because there's not a kind stranger to feed them. Think of all the strays who sleep out in the rain with no shelter. Think of all the strays who would do anything for one little drop of water. and MOST importantly, Think of all the strays who want to be loved. Roxy may not have the best absolute conditions, but it IS improving. We're gonna get her a trolley for more space, we're getting a flap on her doghouse, and she's going to get walked when my cold gets better. NO thats not an excuse. My mom wont let me set foot outside. SEE?! Roxy's life is improving.

Alysser
12-25-2005, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry. I know she's LOOKS happy but you're not her and you can't tell her to be happy and she will be. I know I would not like being on a chain ALL day and everyday. If she's to big you should not have adopted her. That's the last post I am posting on here.

Uabassoon
12-25-2005, 09:55 AM
If I spent my life alone on a chain I'd be happy if someone came to visit me even if it was just to snap a few pictures. That might be the only time she's happy :(

dukedogsmom
12-25-2005, 08:19 PM
I hate it when I open threads like these because then I usually have to say something. So, here goes. If Roxy isn't allowed inside like your other dog, then she should be rehomed. Dogs are very social animals and hate being alone. I was at animal control the other day and saw a dog shutting down because of it's situation. She was just staring into space, not even noticing me as I went by. As soon as I started talking to her, it's like she tried so hard to get through the fence to me. It broke my heart. The point I'm making is how can you do this to a dog on a daily basis? No wonder she looks happy to see you, as she's often just watching you inside your house. If you just had Roxy and your mom said no dogs in the house, it would be different. I think this situation is highly unfair for poor Roxy. And you can leave here if you want but it won't change the facts or the situation. Animals are a huge responsibility and if you're not prepared to accept that totally, then you need to wait until you can.

luvofallhorses
12-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Well said, Val. I agree with you wholeheartedly.