PDA

View Full Version : I need Advice! Please??

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
UGH Something has dug up Tink's body..:( I walked outside to feed Roxy, and there it was...I really don't think it was Roxy, I think it was something else. Anyways, if we bury her again, she will just get dug up again...and My eyes welled up when I saw her body, so it was really hard. We would get her cremated, but I heard that's expensive. If anybody has any suggestions on what else we could do with her, or on the prices of cremating a 2 pound puppy, Please help!

sammy101
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
When my RB dalmatian was cremated,that cost about $150.
I'm really sorry that happened :( Is there anyplace else you could bury her?

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:35 PM
When my RB dalmatian was cremated,that cost about $150.
I'm really sorry that happened :( Is there anyplace else you could bury her?
Not Really :( I'm sure it would be less to cremate a 2 pound puppy?? IDK :( I'm just all confused, and sad

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Bury her again and place a large rock over the grave, I have a headstone over my rb gigi's grave and had no problem with it getting dug up but you could go to a field and just get a large rock, plus you have to make the grave fairly deep. You may want to put a layer of medium size rocks between her and the top of the soil.

It very well could have been roxy and it wouldn't be her fault that is her nature and she is probably bored.

Jessika
11-10-2005, 04:36 PM
When my Perdy passed away, we brought her to the vet and they disposed of the body. Maybe you can look into that?? It didn't cost us anything either, I don't think, since we didn't have her cremated.

EDIT: Another thing I just thought of, see if you can find a metal box to put her body in?? Then bury that. That way if it gets dug up whatever it is can't get inside.

OR cover the area with a bunch of large stones.

OR bury her a few feet deep, AND with a bunch of stones covering the site.

Glacier
11-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry this happened. When I had a small pet cremated, it was 45$, plus the cost of an urn(that's optional though). The costs go up according to how big the animal was, at least here they do.

There are things you can add to the soil to cover the scent. My neighbors have covered their dogs' graves with large rocks, not one rock, lots of them...marks the spot, makes a nice place for them to remember at and prevents any digging by other animals.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Bury her again and place a large rock over the grave, I have a headstone over my rb gigi's grave and had no problem with it getting dug up but you could go to a field and just get a large rock, plus you have to make the grave fairly deep. You may want to put a layer of medium size rocks between her and the top of the soil.

It very well could have been roxy and it wouldn't be her fault that is her nature and she is probably bored.
We had a rock over it this time...:(

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm sorry this happened. When I had a small pet cremated, it was 45$, plus the cost of an urn(that's optional though). The costs go up according to how big the animal was, at least here they do.

There are things you can add to the soil to cover the scent. My neighbors have covered their dogs' graves with large rocks...marks the spot, makes a nice place for them to remember at and prevents any digging by other animals.
Then what do they do with their ashes if they arent in an urn?? :confused: I really dont like cremating, but then I would have her with me...

Jessika
11-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Then what do they do with their ashes if they arent in an urn?? :confused: I really dont like cremating, but then I would have her with me...

You get your own container to keep them in??

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:39 PM
When my Perdy passed away, we brought her to the vet and they disposed of the body. Maybe you can look into that?? It didn't cost us anything either, I don't think, since we didn't have her cremated.

EDIT: Another thing I just thought of, see if you can find a metal box to put her body in?? Then bury that. That way if it gets dug up whatever it is can't get inside.

OR cover the area with a bunch of large stones.

OR bury her a few feet deep, AND with a bunch of stones covering the site.
The vet takes their body to the landfill AND I am not going to let her body go there...

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
You get your own container to keep them in??
Well, how would you carry their ashes home? If you didnt already have a container???
EDIT: And where would you get them cremated at? My mom just asked that, so I'm asking

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't believe they can take the pet to a landfill, at lease not here where I live. Most likely they would cremate her and dispose of the ashes.

Jessika
11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, how would you carry their ashes home? If you didnt already have a container???
EDIT: And where would you get them cremated at? My mom just asked that, so I'm asking

You would bring it with you or buy a container before hand.. lmao that question answers itself..

EDIT: You can get her cremated at your local vet

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
You would bring it with you or buy a container before hand.. lmao that question answers itself..

EDIT: You can get her cremated at your local vet
O...Ok and It's not my fault I'm a little slow :o

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Your not slow hon, you just lost a pet and now came home to see it dug up, I am 44 and I would be traumatized by that. Just take a deep breath.

Jessika
11-10-2005, 04:46 PM
O...Ok and It's not my fault I'm a little slow :o

No no you're not slow don't say that :P That's not how I meant it, anyway. It just seemed obvious to me, but it clearly wasn't obvious to you and that's ok considering what you just came home to

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Your not slow hon, you just lost a pet and now came home to see it dug up, I am 44 and I would be traumatized by that. Just take a deep breath.
Thanks...but to be honest I am a little on the slow side LOL But anyways *DEEP BREATH*

Glacier
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM

Well, with the place we use, the ashes are returned in a sealed bag if you don't buy an urn. Sometimes I pay for the little wooden boxes they sell, sometimes I have purchased an urn from somewhere else. I wear part of Hoodoo's ashes in a pendant. I've scattered some of ashes in special spots. There are lots of options.

Glacier
11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't believe they can take the pet to a landfill, at lease not here where I live. Most likely they would cremate her and dispose of the ashes.

That's what they do with the bodies here if they are left at the clinic. There's a section at the landfill just for that purporse.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Well, with the place we use, the ashes are returned in a sealed bag if you don't buy an urn. Sometimes I pay for the little wooden boxes they sell, sometimes I have purchased an urn from somewhere else. I wear part of Hoodoo's ashes in a pendant. I've scattered some of ashes in special spots. There are lots of options.
Aww OK...I'm still not sure what we'll do...Is there ANYTHING you can do besides cremating or burying her?

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Nope they definitely take them to the landfill. :( I think thats terrible, so THAT is not an option.

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Well there are pet cemetaries but your talking a lot of money for that.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Well there are pet cemetaries but your talking a lot of money for that.
Yeah ALOT more than cremating...ANYTHING AT ALL??? Besides Cremating or burying her??? I guess we may just have to rebury her :( BUT I really dont want to do that...

Jessika
11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah ALOT more than cremating...ANYTHING AT ALL??? Besides Cremating or burying her??? I guess we may just have to rebury her :( BUT I really dont want to do that...

Well like I said -- get a small metal box, bury her deeper than you did the first time (wild animals are more likely to dig up shallow graves) and then place large stones ontop and all around so there is no possibility of her being dug back up

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Well like I said -- get a small metal box, bury her deeper than you did the first time (wild animals are more likely to dig up shallow graves) and then place large stones ontop and all around so there is no possibility of her being dug back up
I dont have a metal box...and I REALLY dont want to bury her again...:( But I guess I'll have to...the Funny thing is...We dont have a shovel, and we dug her grave the first time with a spoon... :rolleyes::o:p

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay so that is why she got dug up, she needs to be buried at least 2 feet down, you need to go buy a shovel and a metal box.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Okay so that is why she got dug up, she needs to be buried at least 2 feet down, you need to go buy a shovel and a metal box.
Ok...BUT I didnt want to bury her in the first place, I wanted her cremated...:( My poor Little Tink...RIP My Sweet Girl Thanks for the Advice Everyone, maybe Tink can actually RIP this time...

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
If thats what you want why don't you go do it?

AllAmericanPUP
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
ozzy dug up one of my cats awhile ago, i buried him again and put a heavy block of cement over it and he never touched it again.

you just need to bury her deeper, buy or borrow a shovel(someone you know has to have a shovel)

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 05:10 PM
If thats what you want why don't you go do it?
Because my mom wouldnt let me :(

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 05:11 PM
ozzy dug up one of my cats awhile ago, i buried him again and put a heavy block of cement over it and he never touched it again.

you just need to bury her deeper, buy or borrow a shovel(someone you know has to have a shovel)
We had a heavy block of cement over this, Roxy or whatever dug it, DUG around the cement block...

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Just curious why your mom won't let you? Actually it is illegal here to bury a pet but my vet knew I was going to do it and said it was okay.

I know when I was rescuing casey a man was dropping off his dead cat at the animal control...I have no idea what they do with them.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Animal Control takes them to the landfill, too...and My mom said its too expensive to get Tink cremated.

caseysmom
11-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah pets can be expensive. With heartworm pills, vaccinations, flea meds and then the final expenses.

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah pets can be expensive. With heartworm pills, vaccinations, flea meds and then the final expenses.
Yeah...I guess we will be borrowing a shovel, and finding a box tomorrow.
Again Thanks for the Advice Everyone

.sarah
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
How do you know for sure that they take them to the landfill? Here they are always cremated.

But either way I'd be wary of taking them anywhere and not getting them returned, some places sell them to pet food companies to be put in the food. :(

Roxyluvsme13
11-10-2005, 08:26 PM
How do you know for sure that they take them to the landfill? Here they are always cremated.

But either way I'd be wary of taking them anywhere and not getting them returned, some places sell them to pet food companies to be put in the food. :(
THATS TERRIBLE!! I know they take them to the landfill, because my moms friends dog died, and they called to see if the shelter would dispose of the dog, and they said they take them to the landfill, Vets do, too

.sarah
11-10-2005, 08:31 PM
THATS TERRIBLE!! I know they take them to the landfill, because my moms friends dog died, and they called to see if the shelter would dispose of the dog, and they said they take them to the landfill, Vets do, too
That's one reason why I'll never buy bad quality food -- my doggies aren't cannibals!

The vet I work for doesn't do that. Sorry there's not any better options for you :(