PDA

View Full Version : It rains here every year.

CathyBogart
11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I swear it does! You wouldn't know that from the way people are driving right now though. You wouldn't think it had ever been wet on the roads before.

I'm scared to go out, everyone's liek "ZOMFG, teh road is WET, WHADDO I DO?!!??!". I've seen so many people sitting there spinning their tires looking like idiots, or spinning their vehicles out, in the last week, and the rain hasn't really started yet.

DBF and I are supposed to drive up to Davis (2 hours) today to go to Murder Burger (YUM) and I'm nervous, 'cos the road is wet for the first time EVAR!! -_-

Is it really that hard to slow down a bit when the road is wet?

jackie
11-10-2005, 03:24 PM
It is exactly the same here!

The air is so dry and dusty here, even when we get a tiny sprinkle if rain, the roads are so slippery, but people just carry on as usual. Once we were driving to work in light rain, and on one main road we saw FIVE smash ups. :rolleyes:

Jessika
11-10-2005, 03:27 PM
It cracks me up as that's exactly how people here act every time it snows!! And it snows here MULTIPLE times a year in winter! In fact, over the last ten - twenty years its been snowing LESS!! So.. arggh1!! People are stupid sometimes in teh way that they drive. If you're afraid to drive in those conditions, don't, or get a ride! Or walk! lol

Lady's Human
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Snow on the road is my annual dose of humor, AKA stupid human tricks. 4WD is great, but having 4WD doesn't mean you are immune to the laws of physics. You still have to stop or turn at some point, and 4WD doesn't mean you stop quicker.

caseysmom
11-11-2005, 12:21 AM
So did it rain in the bay area today? I am near sacto and no sign of rain...we are camping in the bay area this weekend and its suppose to be nice...hopefully the weather.com is correct.

CathyBogart
11-11-2005, 01:21 AM
it rained this morning a little bit but I was mostly posting about this last week. People are DUMB adnf unny but I'm in no state to be posting right now

RedHedd
11-11-2005, 11:44 AM
It's supposed to be nice and warmer this weekend - it better NOT rain! I have tickets to the Rolling Stones concert Sunday night and it's outdoors at SBC/PacBell Park (or whatever the heck they're calling it this week). Metallica is opening for them -- WHOO HOO! :)

Jessika
11-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Snow on the road is my annual dose of humor, AKA stupid human tricks. 4WD is great, but having 4WD doesn't mean you are immune to the laws of physics. You still have to stop or turn at some point, and 4WD doesn't mean you stop quicker.

Oh I love people who think that!! Just because you have 4WD doesn't mean your vehicle handles ice any differently than cars without it. You all slide the same. ;)

Miss Z
11-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Is it still fairly warm in the US? it's freezing over here the frost is so thick that it's practically snow and i have been wearing stuff that i wore in Lapland! It always seems to be freezing and/or raining torrentially where i live! My cat Zsa-Zsa (see her here!!! (http://catoftheday.com/archive/2005/September/24.html) [COLOR=Black] hates the cold and refuses to leave the comfort of her basket for anything but a cuddle, we even have to hand feed her whilst she's in it!!! Still, hoping for a white christmas! :)

Jessika
11-19-2005, 01:45 PM
It's fairly warm still though its cooling down in southern Missouri... the temp for the last few weeks has been anywhere from 40 - 50, but today its jumped up to 60 for some odd reason. It doesn't feel like fall/winter at all. Its abnormally warm for here this time of year!

Miss Z
11-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Wow wish i was there and so does Zsa-Zsa!:D

joycenalex
11-20-2005, 09:38 AM
ohio is a northern state. it has extreme weather changes from the lakeside north coast to the rolling hills southern border. columbus is in the middle, so we can have either type of weather, and yet every year when it snows, a HUGE number of true idiots discover driving in snow requires different driving techniques, like slowing down, leaving space between cars and courtesy to others. they discover they don't drive any better with 4WD then they did before. these morons keep people like me, xray technologists, nurses, hospitals, trauma and orthopedic surgeons employed. one ortho tech said he depends on the first bad snowstorm to pay for her winter vacation. bad drivers never seem to learn do they?