PDA

View Full Version : Green Puppy!

elizabethann
11-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Did you folks hear about the green puppy (or is this old news)? Here's the link (you may have to copy & paste)

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/family/5293927/detail.html[/URL]

and the story (but the link has pictures)

ALHAMBRA, Calif -- The littermates of a Northern California puppy may be green with envy.

That's because a golden retriever born last week is green. The little green fella is one of a litter of four. But his littermates are the usual blond color.

The owner, a dog breeder, says he's mystified about the green color.

Veterinarians said that it's possible for a newborn pup's fur to be green because the placenta, which is green, sometimes rubs off during birth. Whatever the cause, the little green guy now has name -- Wasabi. That's the spicy green mustard put on sushi.

His color definitely sets him apart.

elizabethann
11-10-2005, 11:17 AM
oops..apparently this is old news. Beenie's Mom beat me to the thread.

Sorry for the repeat.

Muddy4paws
11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
He will be the perfect mascot for Greenies :p Will he stay green or will it wash off?

elizabethann
11-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Good question. Also, I like the Greenie mascot idea. That puppy could be a star! Someone told me the color will eventually fade. Not sure though.

lv4dogs
11-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Yup, if you see my post above, they did say that most likely he will change but there is a tiny chance he could stay green.

lute
11-10-2005, 01:39 PM
i saw this a while back. isn't it cool?! i wonder i it'll stay like that it's whole life?

*sled_dog*
11-10-2005, 06:11 PM
That is really weird. I am sure he will get normal coloring, because when I had bred my Alaskan huskies I got a green pup. But after about 8-10 weeks he was his original color. :)