PDA

View Full Version : Sigh

catnapper
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Its just one thing after another this week. I think I'll go on record stating that November 2005 is the worst month of my life.

this morning I went to scoop boxes and there was a huge bloody wet spot in the box. I simply cannot tell if its pee from Pouncer -- maybe the crystals are making him bleed? or if its mucus from one of the cats with diarreah; the diarreah is back and its gotten worse in the past few days. Yesterday Flutter pooped bloody mucus on the bathmat. Yesterday someone (don't know who but am thinking it was Allen) had diarreah that was basically pure water in the box.

I called the vet and they couldn't believe that I couldn't tell if it was pee or poo. I told them that they had to see the box because they wouldn't be able to tell either. Its just a wet bloody patch. but I can see mucus. NO poop whatsoever in with it.

So both Allen and Pouncer are headed to the vet tomorrow afternoon. Sigh.

Now I'll be on here even less than I have been (which is basically hardly at all the past few weeks) so that I can try to recoup some money by doing portraits. One done - 6 more to do. Thank goodness this is my busy season. At least I have work ot do and I know money will be coming in. At least there's one good thing.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Hope things get better soon - always happens all at once doesn't it?

kimlovescats
11-10-2005, 11:49 AM
((((((((HUGS))))))))) Kim, I"m so sorry. I'm guessing that was bloody diarrhea ... since you saw the mucus. Gosh, I sure hope you can find the culprit(s) and get this all under control.

Kim

Soapets
11-10-2005, 12:49 PM
I'll be keeping you and your furbabies ALL in my thoughts and prayers!

Deb

catmandu
11-10-2005, 03:56 PM
We are sorry to hear that one of Your Cats,is that ill.
We are sending prayers for them,to be well,and to be the haelthy Cats,that you want them to be.
As we all do on Cat General.

Laura's Babies
11-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Any clue yet as to which one it is? Poor babies, they can't tell us and it is up to us to pick up the signs!

rg_girlca
11-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh Kim, I am so sorry to hear that you are having to go through this again and I hope it can be quickly taken care of. Whoever it is, poor baby. I hope they feel better soon.

jenluckenbach
11-11-2005, 05:25 AM
YIKES! Unbelieveable bad luck. :(

Since you actually SAW Flutter poop bloody diarrhea, maybe SHE should be going to the vet? What do you think?

I too would suspect diarrhea. I find that blood in the urine is very hard to see with clumping litter and I doubt that you would see mucus in urine.

You might need to separate ALL the cats to their own room and litter box until you can figure out who is normal and who is not.