PDA

View Full Version : Back from the river!

Laura's Babies
11-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Got off last night, not far from home. I am so glad to be off that boat this time! It was the trip from hell! Almost an entire different crew, nobody knew what they were doing... or so they claimed. We are training a new mate who is clueless as to what he is doing and I stayed upset and stressed out the whole trip. Every week we had one or two get off and replacements come to replace them and you could get no fix on what anybody likes.

I can't wait to go get my babies and get me some purr therapy!

catmandu
11-10-2005, 09:44 AM
This may be a dumb question,but what sort of a ship are you on?
And what would be your ranking?
Please forgive me,if you have already posted this,I am just a curious Geezer,I guess!
And I am sure that Your Cats will relieve all that stress.
When I was working,i counted on the Cats for stree relief,all the time.

Laura's Babies
11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Gary, I am on a working boat, a tow boat that pushes barges up and down the Mississippi River and I am the cook on there. I cook for a crew of 9 to 10, 3 meals a day. This is where I spend every other 28 days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1586.jpg

kimlovescats
11-10-2005, 11:53 AM
WELCOME HOME, Laura! :D It's always such a nice surprise to see you back! I'm sorry this last trip was not a good one, but I bet your kitties will console you and make it all better! :D

(((hugs)))
Kim

Soapets
11-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes, WELCOME BACK! I know the kitties will help you feel a whole lot better!

Deb

catlover4ever
11-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Welcome Back Laura !!!! Go get your babies and get started on that fur therapy....it's the best therapy in the world!!!

catmandu
11-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Thats fascinating that you are working on a Tow Boat.
Thats quite an interesting job,certainly one of the more unique jobs,that you can work at.
And a Cook,too,no wonder your Cats look so happy.
Do you use any of the How to Cook for Your Cat Books?
I have one,and I cook a few of the simpler recipes,Ground Chicken for The Cats,Porchies and I and they seem to like it.

Laura's Babies
11-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Well Gary, I did not know they had such cookbooks. DRATS, now that is something else I am going to HAVE to buy for my kitties and my cookbook collection! Where can I find one?

Rie brought me Chester today and we are already started on that pur therapy and my being made to feel right at home.. He made sure to cover my black pants with cat hair! Now my outfit is COMPLETE!

prechrswife
11-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Welcome home!! It sounds like you need to relax and de-stress for awhile. Kitties are the best helpers when it comes to doing that. :)

momcat
11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Welcome back, Laura! That's quite a unique job you've got. It must be sooo nice to see your sweet kitties again. If you have the chance, could we see some pictures? There is a lot to be said for purr therapy, love those headbumpies and kitty kisses. They're always purrfect after work. Well, it's great to have you back. As you catch up with PT events and happenings, Groucho made his PT debut last Saturday and he'd love to meet you. So get some rest, make up for lost time with your furkids, and hope to hear from you soon!!!

rg_girlca
11-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi Laura. :) Welcome back.

I'm glad to hear that you have one of your kitties to help you de-stress yourself tonight. Nothing like purr-therapy. :D