PDA

View Full Version : Sadly the Moose is still a Hermit

catmandu
11-10-2005, 09:22 AM
He comes up a few times a day,as i dont leave food or water in the cellar.
Moose apperas to be fine,healthwise.
I just cant understand why he is up here almost all the time.
Has anyone else live with a Hermit Cat?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture978.jpg

Laura's Babies
11-10-2005, 10:03 AM
I had a cat my vet gave me one time that stayed hidden all the time. She had been brought in to be PTS and the vet knew I was a sucker for a sad story and I ended up bringing her home. I wonder if their former owners broke their hearts by getting rid of them and their grief is just something they never overcome. Princess, that I brought home from the shelter stayed hidden all the time at Kevlins after he adopted her and I have always felt like she grieved herself to death. These babies are far more senstive than peole realize.

Lobodeb
11-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Do you think he would still go up there if you moved the box? Maybe that's his only retreat from Scrappy 2? Is he sociable otherwise?

kimlovescats
11-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Gary, Moose hasn't always been this way, has he? How old is he? He could be feeling back some how and just not showing other symptoms. Poor Moose!

Hugs,
Kim

Soapets
11-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Yes, maybe he's not feeling well. Maybe he's depressed. Depression can affect the entire body, not just the mind. It can make one feel physically run down, out of energy, slow, and unable to function. Maybe there's something like that going on.

I sure hope he gets feeling better soon, if there's anything else going on!

Deb

elizabethann
11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Poor Moose. I feel kind of bad for him. I hope he comes out of his shell and starts being more sociable.

Give it more time?

catmandu
11-10-2005, 03:45 PM
He comes up for his meals,and seems to be all right physically,but then he goes back downstairs.
Hes going to the Vets next month for a check up.
He was a bit of a loner,but never to this extent.
I wonder if I should close the cellar door?

rg_girlca
11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Maybe you could bring Moose to the vet sooner just to make sure that everything is okay with him.

Maybe Scrappy 2 is just getting to him.

Did you try closing the cellar door and if so, how did he react?

jenluckenbach
11-11-2005, 06:01 AM
He looks very cute in that box, but I would suspect that something is not quite right with him. Maybe a little extra special attention from you might make him feel a bit better. And make sure to mention this to the vet, because we are the ones to know our cats best, and if something has changed we must take note of it.

rosethecopycat
11-11-2005, 06:32 AM
How old is Moose? How are his teeth?
Does he purr when you go down to see him?

I wouldn't prevent him from going where he wants, it may exacerbate what may be bothering him.

My Malfi, the old guy, moves from room to room, every few months.

orangemm
11-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Maybe he just feels more secure in that box, away from everyone else. :confused: :confused:

catmandu
11-11-2005, 08:56 AM
He jsut had his teeth cleaned and a check up in June,and hes purrrs when I come to see him.
And Moose certainly was more social before Scrappy 2,she must be annoying him too much.
I will wait until he comes up,and look him over!!

Lobodeb
11-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Good luck and let us know how he's doing!

Moose, go be more sociable! We're worried about you.

k9krazee
11-11-2005, 09:23 AM
We have a hermit at the house. Our old lady Lassie (shes only about 10) has lived most of her life in my brother's room :( The only person she likes is my brother and she hasn't come down the stairs in years, she really hates me because whenever I go up there to get her it is usually for a bath and brushing. She used to come downstairs every evening at 9pm to get my brother and he would go up and feed her but since we got Micki and Mini 4 years ago she doesn't ever come downstairs. :(