PDA

View Full Version : 3 new additions:)

Alysser
11-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Yesterday I went to Petco to get some weewee pads and a extra can of dog food for the dog. So, I went through the fish section and noticed two Bettas in a very dirty cups. The man in the section told me they were going to die so why bother ton help them. I was really mad. Then I also noticed a lone diamond tetra in another dirty cup. It was supposedly going to die too. Thats not right. i mean they should have a good last few days if the are going to die. So, I bought them for half price:). And they are all looking much healthier today! I tried taking some pictures of the beauties but the flash is ruining the picture. It's like way to bright because of the tank. Does anyone know how to take pictures of fish without ruining the picture. Besides, I am very happy with my fishies.

cloverfdx
11-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Congrats on the new additions :). As for taking their photos i would not use flash, if you put them in a nice well lit room and no lfash they should turn out better.

Ohhhh and another thing..... my next Betta was/ is going to be Rio :p, named after River Phoenix, oh well.

Good vibes on the way for your fish, i hope their health improves.

Alysser
11-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks, I'll try that. I hope you get your new Betta soon. I never even thought of gettting fish though. Sassy is enough because she is always doing something bad. Thanks. I'll show the pictures soon.:)

Alysser
11-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I am going to take the pics soon! Very soon.

Anita Cholaine
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Congrats! :) Hope their health improves, great thing that they are looking better!!

Can't wait to see the pics....

Alysser
11-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks, I really hope the pictures come out good. Rio and Flame are very pretty. I also love diamond. I still don't get why petco would do something like that.

Flatcoatluver
11-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Thats awful!!!!! I am so glad you saved them and really happy that they are lucky to have you! I took pics. of my betta with the flashes here is some exaples of my betta brandon.
http://agility.zoto.com/img/45/e977711f18ec00787db52971dd7e664f-.jpg
http://agility.zoto.com/img/45/bd8d51dae1710adf9ae5673aff8873e3-.jpg

.sarah
11-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Good job saving them. Of course they will die if you don't clean their jar :rolleyes:

*LabLoverKEB*
11-10-2005, 09:58 PM
That's so sad, and very upsetting to hear about the living conditions of these beautiful fishies! :( That makes me very angry. :(

So happy to hear that you rescued the fishies!

king2005
11-10-2005, 10:16 PM
our store has them in cups aswell. But atleast they are taken care of.. I have yet to see a dirty cup or a sick fish. When a fish becomes ill, its moved to the back & treated. Our store does everything to keep them healthy during their short stay (they sell fast at our location). Our store does tell customers that a 10 gallon is best for the little guys. There is a tank of ick covered Oscars & our store refuses to sell them & they are happly being treated & getting better. The poor things came in with ick.

moosmom
11-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Good for you Maltese Love!!! I'd have filed a complaint with not only the management, but the fish and game (if you can do that). Fish have feelings. For God's sake, where are these people's brains??? The fish are going to die anyways??? Stupid people!!! :mad: I would have rescued them too!!

Alysser
11-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys! I don't think i will file a complient though. Becuase the fish yusually are healthy. So, i'll give them at least one more chance. They are getting better each day. Rio could barley swim. But now he is much happier and swims very well:)

Toby's my baby
11-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Congrats on your new additions! I cant believe they would do something like that! I hope it doesnt happen again!!

Alysser
11-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Okay, my dad is going to help me with the pictures. He is a very good photographer so I am waiting until he comes. :D