PDA

View Full Version : A columnist's article about change -- and cats ...

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 12:50 PM
I really enjoy Jon Carroll's columns and today's on coping with change -- human's response vs. cat's (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/03/27/DD227239.DTL) had me laughing aloud. Hope you enjoy it, too.

Edwina's Secretary
03-27-2002, 12:59 PM
How does he know Edwina all the way out there in SF????

This guy is terrific! Is he nationally syndicated?

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure. I particularly delight in his cat columns, but he tries to hold it down to either 2 or 4 a year because he says if he's not careful that's all he'd write about. All his columns are on the web. I'll try to remember to add the link to the archive.

He also does a series on mondregreens (sp?) roughly twice a year that are hysterical, but aren't animal related. There's a special link for that, I'll PM it to you if you like. (Mondregreens are cases of mishearing words and phrases in speech and song. Someone heard the lyric "Laid him on the green" as "Lady Mondregreen" and applied that as a title for the phenomenon. i.e. "four witches stands" for "for which it stands" in the Pledge of Allegence.)

jennifert
03-27-2002, 01:41 PM
That was a cute article. Thanks for sharing. I'm at work and I get so bored!! I'm always looking for new things to do and read on the internet. That was entertaining!

Edwina's Secretary
03-27-2002, 02:27 PM
"Mondegreen"??? WHat fun! That's a new one for me and I would love it if you would send me the link.

(someone sent me a joke just yesterday with what I can now call a Mondegreen!)

LoudLou
03-27-2002, 02:28 PM
AmberLee- Thanks for sharing that! Made me LAUGH... I needed to laugh today.:D I followed his links to his "Mondregreens" and laughed EVEN Harder! Thanks!:D

purrley
03-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Thanks Amberlee and isn't it so very true. One little thing out-a-wack in my place almost always gets a negative response.

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Or, as LoudLou pointed out, you can also get to the Mondrageen website from links on the webpage I posted above. Whichever way you choose to get there, I think you'll laugh aloud over them. Some are hysterical.

Songs in my head now contain the lyrics:

"Midnight after you're wasted"

"Girl with colitis goes by"

"Round John Virgin"

wolflady
03-27-2002, 08:17 PM
:D :D LOL LOL Thanks for posting that link! Very entertaining reading I must say;) I'll have to check out the Mondrageen stuff.
Speaking of that...when I was little, I always thought they were saying...
Secret Asian man!!! LOL LOL LOL :D :D :D

yorkster
03-28-2002, 12:23 AM
That was good Amberlee. Thanks for posting that! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-28-2002, 01:18 AM
LOL :D LOL :p LOL :)
That was soooooooo funny!!! Just picturing that in my head is worth a million dollars!!!!!

tuxluvr
03-28-2002, 07:41 AM
That was just nothing short of genius! A good message to start my day!