PDA

View Full Version : Remember Abby - my blind rescue?

kimlovescats
11-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Sweet Abby was with us about a year, and not even one nibble on a prespective adoptor. Then a couple of weeks ago, the call came in! A woman who already had a deaf yorkie, saw blind Abby on my Petfinder site and fell in love with her. So now, Abby is living in a large home, already knows her way into the beds and onto the couch ;) and is the ONLY kitty to be SPOILED wrotten! My hubby and I were absolutely beaming with joy when this happened. Abby was intimidated (no doubt) by all of the kitties here, and we simply didn't have the time to give her the one-on-one that she so desired. It is truly a miraculous ending for sweet Abby!

Although we will miss her, we are happy to have already received an e-mail update along with pictures of her and her "new boy"! :D

Here is the content of the e-mail:

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:20 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Ms. Abby

Hello,
Let me start by thanking you again for letting us adopt Abby and for taking such good care of her while fostering. She has had no trouble finding her way around...including our bed & sofa, jumping up and down (amazing)!! She is on a diet (us big girls have to stick together lol), we want to get her weight down a little before her surgery (we are going to have her eyes permintally closed. This will protect her tissue and socket). I think she loves all the attantion and enjoys being the only kitty!!!

I will post the pictures in the next thread.... Kim

catmandu
11-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I think Moose The Magnificent is pretending to a recluse so he can visit Abby,and the Yorkie.
Moose loves Southern Cooking,and I think that he stops by Kim,to see his Meeowmie In Law.
Thats Great that Abby and The Moose and The Yorkie have that Big Place all to themeselves,and that Abby is so spoiled.
Bless you Kim,for giving her a Second Chance when Abby needed it the most.

Soapets
11-09-2005, 04:24 PM
What wonderful news! I'm going to go look for her pictures in the next thread......... :)

Deb

kimlovescats
11-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Phooey, for some reason the pics didn't save right in that e-mail and I can't find them anywhere else on my computer. Maybe Gary (Catmandu) can post them? I sent them on to him, as his Moose was deeply in cat love with Abby! ;)

jazzcat
11-09-2005, 04:31 PM
That is wonderful news Kim. Another great success story all thanks to you!