PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Asap

racing_gurl07
11-09-2005, 03:45 PM
We are leaving for phoenix tonight and i thought our nieghbor was gonna come over and take care of spike, but now my boyfriends dad said that he doesnt want the neigbor to come over in the dark, (to cover her up at night) he said to bring spike over to her house, is that a bad idea?

i had a idea...can the neighbor just come over in the morning/day and feed spike, and not cover her up at night, its pretty dark in the room anyway. or do tehy need to be covered up?

ASAP! please

racing_gurl07
11-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Bump

crazy_caique
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
i don't know about that
if you think spike would be scared if she wasn't covered at night then yes cover her but i really have never had this problem

.powerful
11-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Well it really depends, some birds *need* to be covered each night. My birds have went a few days with no cover no problem. Try not to stress your bird out to much if she is moved to your neighbours.

Jessika
11-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Yes that's what I was going to say -- you would stress out the bird too much if you moved her to your neighbors'. The change of you being gone alone could stress her out. Try closing all windows and maybe have the neighbor come over in the evening (right before its dark) to cover her instead?? I would give it a trial run and leave her uncovered maybe for jsut a night while you're still home to see how she does. If she does ok she might be OK a few nights of being uncovered. :)

CathyBogart
11-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Do your neighbors know all the hazards of owning birds? If you bring Spike over to their house, are they willing to not use non-stick cookware, burn scented candles, use the self-clean on the oven, and otherwise be careful about what sorts of things Spike would be breathing?