PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating 5000 with Finn

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey, everyone! I've been pretty sick, and, am still trying to get rid of this chest congestion and cough I've had for over a week now. I haven't had the energy to get new photos of Finn, which is why I haven't posted since the thread in general about me reaching 5000. So, I really wanted to save my 5000th post for one with photos. I'll be catching up here in Pet Talk once I get this out of the way. It's such a perfect day here, and, I finally had the energy to get out for a few minutes. I hope you guys like these. And, thanks for making 5000 such a fun number to reach! And, to all my friends, thank you for making this a fun place to be!

handsome boy...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn002.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn008.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn010.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn012.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn025.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn019.jpg

wanting a treat...he looks like he's smiling from this angle...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn021.jpg

ha ha, little spit bubbles, he was starting to drool...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn023.jpg

his lip stuck to a tooth...i don't usually catch him when he does this...so, i kept the shot

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn015.jpg

JenBKR
11-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Yay! I can't think of a better way to celebrate 5000 than with Finn pics! What a cutie ;)

AllAmericanPUP
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
gorgeous photos!

Jamieejo85
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Aww Kari, I am absolutely in love with that gorgous labby boy of yours! Finn, you are tooo cute!

Husky_mom
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
GRRReat pics, and congrats on your 5,000th we hope for many more, and by best wishes for a rapid recovery (my kid was much like you and he´s just about getting out of it)

Lobodeb
11-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Congrats on 5,000, Kari!

And what better way to celebrate than with pics of that handsome boy of yours! Finn, you are too cute for words. Be sure and be extra special to mommy since she's sick and to celebrate also!

I hope you feel better, Kari!

.sarah
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Awww what a sweet boy.

And get well soon!!

Jadapit
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Congrats on your 5,000 posts! :D Those are really good pictures of Finn. I adore the first one. He is such a beautiful lab. The blue sky is gorgeous.

Jessika
11-09-2005, 02:54 PM
lmao Jamie gets her lips stuck on her teeth constantly! But of course, it never happens when you have a camera handy... :rolleyes:

Well congrats on 5K and GET WELL SOON!!

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks you guys! Finn has been very patient with me, as have been my parents. I've not had the energy to really play with him, but, I have been able to walk him once a day. He's just all pent up and needing to release tons of energy. My mom walks him for me, but, he still wants more. :) My mom and dad did get out with him for a good, rowsing game of fetch yesterday, so, that helped. I hope to feel better soon, because the weather has been beautiful, and, I could probably get him out swimming again a couple more times. Thanks again you guys for the compliments and the well wishes.

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 02:59 PM
My mom says this one is her favorite, so, even though it's very similar to the first one I posted, I'm posting it anyway. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn001.jpg

beeniesmom
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
WOW 5000!
You are a pentapillar! :)
Great shots of Finn!
I adore him and you!
Hope you feel better. I can't believe you still have that bug. :(
Get well and take care of yourself.

Logan
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I am so sorry that you feel so lousy, Kari, but I am doing a happy dance with these wonderful new pictures of Finn!!!! :)

Give him a "hug" from me. I guess you wouldn't be here and gracing us with all of you wonderful posts if it weren't for Finn!!!!! :p

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Carmen and Logan...you guys are so sweet. Yeah, I was pretty bummed by the bug. ;) And, yeah, thanks to Finn, he's the reason we're here at Pet Talk. :) I just hugged him til he grunted, ha ha. And, he jumped all over me, because that's just what he does. Ugh. He's too big for that!

anna_66
11-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Kari thanks so much for the great pictures of Finn! I'm glad you were feeling up to taking a few and sharing them with us to celebrate:)

Feel better and give Finn some more of the grunting hugs but from me this time:D

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Feel better and give Finn some more of the grunting hugs but from me this time:D

Done. I just got clobbered again, though. Hugging him can be dangerous work! :D

gemini9961
11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Congrats Kari on 5000 and great pics of Finn. Hope you feel better soon. :)

carole
11-09-2005, 05:01 PM
ooh Kari you are catching up to me , congrats on the 5,000 posts, well done, keep on blabbering won't you, you always have something interesting to say well worth the reading, and I enjoy your posts, hope you feel better soon, take care.

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 05:05 PM
ooh Kari you are catching up to me , congrats on the 5,000 posts, well done, keep on blabbering won't you, you always have something interesting to say well worth the reading, and I enjoy your posts, hope you feel better soon, take care.

Yeah, if I could include my posts as guster girl, i'd have ya beat. ;) seriously, though, thank you carole...you are so nice! :)

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you so much, I'm feeling better than I have in several days...just trying to get all of this junk out of my chest, now. :)

Daisy and Delilah
11-09-2005, 05:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KARI ON 5000 WONDERFUL POSTS!!!!!! Keep those posts coming. I can't believe you're still sick either. Please feel better and take it easy. You know how I feel about your photography and I have to say, these pictures are nothing short of spectacular!! You go girl!! They are fabulous. Finn is one of the most handsome men here at PT and I love him. The girls think he's hotter than hot. We all love Finn!! Get well!!! :D

CagneyDog
11-09-2005, 06:09 PM
What beautiful pictures of your boy :)

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

Ginger's Mom
11-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Congratulations Kari! And thanks for making it even more special for us by posting new pictures of Finn. What a big handsome guy he is. I would love to see him after he gets those big ole hugs. :)

dukedogsmom
11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Congrats on the 5,000! These are great pics. I hope you're feeling better now. I just love this one. It was a beautiful day for them.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn010.jpg

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Congrats on the 5,000! These are great pics. I hope you're feeling better now. I just love this one. It was a beautiful day for them.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/NovemberFinn010.jpg

Hey, that's actually one of my favorites, and, you're right, it was a beautiful day! It's a gorgeous night, now, too...I hear crickets and see stars. :) I love living on the lake, it's so peaceful. I'm actually feeling kinda crappy again right now, but, I'm hoping once I drink a couple of cups of tea, I'll feel better again. Thanks, Valerie, for being a part of what makes this such a good place to be.

Congratulations Kari! And thanks for making it even more special for us by posting new pictures of Finn. What a big handsome guy he is. I would love to see him after he gets those big ole hugs.

Thank you so much! It was a special day, thanks to Finn. And, the weather. He is a hoot after getting a big hug...because he thinks I'm playing, he goes completely crazy. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS KARI ON 5000 WONDERFUL POSTS!!!!!! Keep those posts coming. I can't believe you're still sick either. Please feel better and take it easy. You know how I feel about your photography and I have to say, these pictures are nothing short of spectacular!! You go girl!! They are fabulous. Finn is one of the most handsome men here at PT and I love him. The girls think he's hotter than hot. We all love Finn!! Get well!!!

Ah, Terry, thank you, thank you. It really does suck that I'm sick, and, I don't have insurance, so, I'm not going in to the doctor until I know it's not going to go away. And, thank you for loving my photography. One of these days, I'm going to wow everyone with it! Ha, maybe...I need to get some schooling, then, we'll see. And, Finn is handsome, but, I'm not going to tell him that your girls think he's hot. He'll be incorrigible. well, even more than he already is. ;)

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

Yeah me too. I'm feeling better than I have, but, right this minute, I'm feeling cruddier than I have all day. Blech. Time for tea. :)

tatsxxx11
11-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Congratulations Kari AND Finn!:) I'm so sorry to hear you've been so under the weather...being a Labibe Mom too, I know that Finn is very anxious for Mom to be back on her feet VERY soon!;) The photos are stunning! Oh, how I love your beatuiful boy! Oh, let's not forget you...one sweet, caring, cherished member of the Pet Talk family! Get well soon and please give Finn lots of extra hugs and kisses and slupry kisses from me and Star:) Congrats and get well soon!

Sandra~

K9soul
11-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Oh Kari, BEAUTIFUL pictures of that hunky handsome boy! And a big CONGRATULATIONS on your 5,000 posts! I'm glad I happened to see this. I really like the one Val reposted. You are a truly special friend and I am always in admiration of your positive outlook. Despite getting irritated with things at times (and who doesn't? ;)), you still always refrain from judging anyone as a person, a most wonderful trait, and I think the first thing that really got me to talking to you . I'm sure glad I did! :) Please get well soon, and ditto on Sandra's request to give hugs and kisses to that camera ham of yours :D.

finn's mom
11-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Congratulations Kari AND Finn!:) I'm so sorry to hear you've been so under the weather...being a Labibe Mom too, I know that Finn is very anxious for Mom to be back on her feet VERY soon!;) The photos are stunning! Oh, how I love your beatuiful boy! Oh, let's not forget you...one sweet, caring, cherished member of the Pet Talk family! Get well soon and please give Finn lots of extra hugs and kisses and slupry kisses from me and Star:) Congrats and get well soon!

Sandra~

Ah, Sandra, thank you so much for such kind words. Come on, now, guys...I'm sick. That means I'm more prone to crying at the drop of a hat. Y'all are making me tear up! But, in a good way. :) It's such a nice reminder of how wonderful people truly are...in the midst of all the crap that goes on in the world, it's so nice to know that there are still genuine, lovely people. I'm so grateful for the friends I've made in Pet Talk, and, thank you for being one of them.

Oh Kari, BEAUTIFUL pictures of that hunky handsome boy! And a big CONGRATULATIONS on your 5,000 posts! I'm glad I happened to see this. I really like the one Val reposted. You are a truly special friend and I am always in admiration of your positive outlook. Despite getting irritated with things at times (and who doesn't? ), you still always refrain from judging anyone as a person, a most wonderful trait, and I think the first thing that really got me to talking to you . I'm sure glad I did! Please get well soon, and ditto on Sandra's request to give hugs and kisses to that camera ham of yours .

Seriously, though. Y'all are too kind to me. I had no idea hitting 5000 would bring out such niceities (is that how you spell that?). But, I'm so glad I waited to post my 5000th post with good photos. I was only able to be outside for about five minutes, but, I think I got some pretty ones. It was so beautiful today, too...another thing to be grateful for. You know how much I admire you as well, for so many things that I don't need to say in here, because you know already. I'm so glad that you got into talking to me, too. I will give Finn more hugs and kisses than even he can stand...and, I'll be sure to tell him who they're coming from. I'm trying to get better, my body's just not listening too well. Stubborn, I guess. ;)

I LOVE YOU GUYS

Toby's my baby
11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Finn!! Yay, you are so cute. Tell mommy to give you hugs and kisses *and treats from me!!

pitc9
11-09-2005, 11:08 PM
CONGRATS!!!
I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate then to do it with pictures of that handsome goofy boy of yours! He always puts a huge smile on my face!
I sure hope he's doing all he can to help you feel better soon!

shais_mom
11-09-2005, 11:50 PM
great pics Kari! :)
He is a gorgeous boy!
Congrats on the posts - keep em coming! :)

RobiLee
11-10-2005, 12:24 AM
HAPPY 5000, KARI!!

I'm so glad you celebrated by sharing that gorgeous boy of yours with us. Those are some great pics of him. I always think he is such a stunning labbie boy. Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you are feeling much better tomorrow.

Now get busy on those next 5000 posts!

vinjashira
11-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Congratulations Kari!
and what a great way to celebrate - we got to see lot's of Finn's pictures :)

finn's mom
11-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Congratulations Kari!
and what a great way to celebrate - we got to see lot's of Finn's pictures :)

Yeah, thank you for the congrats! :)

Now get busy on those next 5000 posts!

Ha ha, I'm already heading there! ;)

great pics Kari!
He is a gorgeous boy!

Thank you so much! :) He's not always easy to keep still...but, when he is, he's very photogenic!

I sure hope he's doing all he can to help you feel better soon!

He is, he is! Not that my body's really listening, though...still feeling pretty crappy tonight. But, I got some different medicine, so, we'll see how it works.

Tell mommy to give you hugs and kisses *and treats from me!!

I gave him tons of hugs and kisses and more treats than usual, too! :)

Oggyflute
11-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Well done Kari, Finn is such a handsome boy, he's one of my favourites here. :)
(Better post some of my three on reaching 3000 :D )

gkristian
11-11-2005, 03:58 AM
congrats on 5000 posts
Finn is a gorgeous boy.

chocolatepuppy
11-11-2005, 05:27 AM
Congrats on your 5000! :D What a gorgeous boy Finn is! *thinks to self, next dog has got to be golden* Very nice pictures. I hope you're feeling better. :)