PDA

View Full Version : Purebred Male Bengal - Foster - Question

kimlovescats
11-09-2005, 10:10 AM
I currently have a gorgeous male (un-neutered) Bengal boy who is awesome. He was surrendered with two females to my rescue, due to a divorce situation from a former breeder. The two femles have been placed, but this boy is waiting to be neutered first! The hold-up is that he has come down with the Upper Respiratory Virus (which means his previous owner was not honest about his shot record) ... so I am waiting til he is better to have him neutered.

He is gorgeous and sweet as can be. I would love to be able to bring him into my house, but he is a spraying maniac right now! (So he is housed in a separate kennel run in my garage.) I am truly hoping and praying that having him neutered will take care of that ... I don't know of anyone who would want to adopt a sprayer! I have entertained the thoughts of keeping him myself, but I really couldn't have a constant sprayer indoors either, and I would hate to deprive him a good home if one was available. I'm sort of in a dilemma over him at this time.

Does anyone have any idea what the chances are of him not spraying anymore once he is neutered? He is probably about 3 years old, and I'm just afraid he has been so "manly" for so long, that he won't ever stop.

Thanks,
Kim

Lobodeb
11-09-2005, 11:08 AM
No advice. Just ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) and good luck either way. :)

catmandu
11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
I would love to take Scratchy in,but hes an older Cat that is still intact, and I am afraid that he will spray.
And I think that he lives in another home,as he is too clean to be a feral Cat.
I will pray that neutering will eventually settle his spraying ways,and that he will find his Furr Ever Home.