PDA

View Full Version : I am so ashamed.....

Pawsitive Thinking
11-09-2005, 04:03 AM
At 40 years old I should know better but to my utter shame I have run up a mobile phone bill of over £200 mainly by downloading ringtones and wallpapers for my nokia!!!!!!

This post is not because I am proud of what I have done - in fact it is to make public how stupidly irresponsible I have been.

I have taken action to ensure that there is money in my account to pay the bill when it arrives and have made a promise to myself that I will not do this again.

Thank you for letting me share - I feel that I can offload here without being judged :( (a few stern words wouldn't go amiss though!)

moosmom
11-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Brody's Mum,

Dont' be ashamed. I did the same thing when I first got my cellphone. I was experimenting and didn't realize that not everything on it is free. Lesson learned.

catnapper
11-09-2005, 07:39 AM
LOL... I spent a ton of time downloading ringtones when I got my phone last month... the first bill hasn't come in yet and I might be standing right next to you with my head bowed in shame.

PS: After all that time downloading I STILL have not found the prefect meow ring for my phone! :o The one I found is "ok" but not what I had before. Oh well... I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars for a meow ring tone. :D

JenBKR
11-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Oops! Don't worry, I think we've all done it in one way or another...It can be an expensive lesson though!

Pawsitive Thinking
11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I was feeling bad enough about wasting my money on stupid ringtones then I read this:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=92136

If I am lucky enough to be able to cover such a stupidly high phone bill then isn't it about time I put my money to more important things????