PDA

View Full Version : * Cats Or Dogs? *

baywatch babe
03-27-2002, 09:01 AM
HI

WHAT DO YA LIKE MOST: CATS OR DOGS?

AS FOR ME, I PREFER DOGS. WHAT ABOUT YOU?

I LOVE ALL PETS BUT I PREFER DOGS THAN CATS. IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I HATE CATS! :rolleyes:

I HOPE I HEAR YOUR SUGGESTIONS REAL SOON!

THANK-S FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ AND REPLY THIS.

:) :cool: :D :) :p

Bunnicula05
03-27-2002, 09:40 AM
Well, I would prefer a cat because they are much more independent than dogs and don't get depressed when you leave for work or, in my case, school.

Heather Wallace
03-27-2002, 10:09 AM
Hi baywatch and welcome to Pet Talk.

As for my favorite, I prefer cats to dogs, we always had a cat in the house when I was growing up, plus I have two ctas of my own now. i think it is what you are brought up with that makes your chose your favorite.

I also love Bunnies and have four. although I must say I love ALL animals even dogs.

ramanth
03-27-2002, 10:27 AM
I prefer cats. I grew up with a house full of them and love how they purr and meow and are self sufficent.

But I do love dogs and would never give up my Kia girl. :)

jennifert
03-27-2002, 10:31 AM
I love them both but I only have a dog. I would like a cat but Duncan doesn't! He chases them and tries to kill them.:(
And my mom is very allergic and although she doesn't live with me, I would like her to be able to visit! So no cats for me....:(

Daisylover
03-27-2002, 12:10 PM
Well I LOVE cats, esp Siamese, but I am horribly allergic...asthma, eyes, sinues all blow up.
But I am not allergic to bunnies, so they are my most favorite of all. People don't tend to think of rabbits as house pets...it's always cats or dogs. But bunnies have a wonderful sense of humor, have very amusing antics, and when treated properly and with respect make wonderful pets. It just has to be on their terms. :D

Logan
03-27-2002, 12:27 PM
All of the above!!!! I have two cats, two dogs, one hamster and one Cockatiel!! And no way am I admitting "who" is my favorite!!!! :D :D :D

wolflady
03-27-2002, 02:01 PM
I love both cats and dogs!:D Right now I just have cats because they fit with my lifestyle at the moment. I really want a dog in the future when I am able to have more time to spend with a dog. I will always have cats though!:D :D

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 02:12 PM
I love both, but cats fit my life right now. I've wonderful memories of growing up around dogs and do miss the opportunity of owning one right now. Ah well, I've always seen myself as a cat person and am delighting in my two fur-babies, Perspicacity Purrsonality (Cassy) and Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni (Livvy). These two furry lunatics are slightly more than I can handle at times.

Cassy is DSH silver swirled tabby and a part time destructo-derby on paws; he'll turn 3 on 11 Jul this year. Livvy is DLH brown tabby Maine Coon mix and rather shy, sweet, and demure. She'll turn 3 this 11 April and she disapproves of her brother's destructive ways. She is madly in love with Tatsxxx11/Sandra's Oliver -- they yowl love letters at one another in Cat General whenever they get loose on their respective parent's computers.

Tell us more about Chubby.

purrley
03-27-2002, 02:51 PM
I'm a cataholic:D :D

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2002, 07:16 PM
I definatly prefer dogs. Part of that is an allergy to cats, but I also ind most (and certainly not all) cats too independent for my taste. I constantly have my two dogs following me around. I can't leave a room with out both of them on my heels, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

aly
03-28-2002, 04:06 AM
I love both cats and dogs and I couldn't live without having at least one of each. They each give me something so different, yet so loving in their own way. What makes it even cooler is my cat acts like a dog and one of my dogs acts like a cat, hehe.

A lot of people probably assume I like dogs better since I spend more time on the dog side of Pet Talk but I really just don't have time to keep up with both on a regular basis.

Gio
03-28-2002, 08:43 AM
I've had cats all my life but that does not mean I like them more than dogs. It just started like this many years ago. My biggest wish is to have a dog, as soon as my circumstances change I am going to add a couple to my gang. :D

Randi
03-28-2002, 09:12 AM
Let me put it this way: I LIKE dogs and I LOVE cats. I wasn't growing up with either, but my husband did - there were at least 5 different cats in his home.

At the moment, we have one male orange tabby, 5 years old - he's beauty!! :D

thelmalu99
03-28-2002, 10:19 AM
I have always been more of a cat person, however I also love dogs, and would love to have one if I ever move into a house.
I live in an apartment, and I'm not the most active of people, so I don't think it would be fair to the dog to get one now.

Kfamr
03-28-2002, 10:28 PM
Dogs.

zippy-kat
03-29-2002, 12:10 AM
Any room for bunnies on the list?

I LOVE my dogs but have always been more of a cat purr-son! However...this little bun o' mine sure is giving the cats a run for their money!!!;)

Pam
03-29-2002, 06:51 AM
If you would have asked me this about 9 years ago I would have answering definitely dogs and said that I was a dyed-in-the-wool dog person. That, of course, was before Trevor came into my life in May of 1993. I had lived only with dogs as a child and right up to that point had a 'dogs only' household. My son brought Trevor home one day (without asking ;) ) and boy did I become a cat person overnight! Now I am a cat/dog person and can't imagine life without having at least one of each!!!

Rottiegal
03-29-2002, 08:21 PM
im a bad to da bone! well in this case well uhmm it would have to be dogs! i like cats but when im sad, my dog cheers me up!!:cool:

Rottiegal
03-29-2002, 08:23 PM
u got a dawg?

AdoreMyDogs
03-29-2002, 08:46 PM
I pick dogs. I like cats, but I am much more a dog person. Welcome, RottieGal!!!

Roofus
03-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Doggy, doggy!!

Dixieland Dancer
03-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Definitely DOGS! Cats are just too independant for my taste. I love it when I can take my dogs to obedience classes and dog shows and have them with me when I go places. They are like kids to me and I LOVE THEM WITH ALL MY HEART! I have the two of them wrapped around my feet now as I talk on Pet Talk! Such loyalty and devotion!

I LOVE dogs and LIKE cats!

Former User
04-01-2002, 04:24 AM
Cats AND dog! While growing up, we always had dogs. Now with my husband, we have 2 cats, Casper and Kitty.

anna_66
04-01-2002, 08:29 AM
Guess I have to say that because I have 2 dogs now. I do like cats, but with the dogs we have, we could never have a cat, they would think it was a yummie snack:eek: So, only dogs pleze!:p