PDA

View Full Version : * How Often Do You Wash Your Pets? *

baywatch babe
03-27-2002, 08:27 AM
HI EVRY 1!

I HAVE A DOG NAMED CHUBBY AND I WASH HER ONCE EVERY FORTNIGHT AND I DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT. DO YOU THINK I NEED TO WASH HER MORE OFTEN OR LESS OFTEN IN A MONTH? WHAT DO YOU THINK? ARE THERE ANY KIND PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME?

THANK-S FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND I HOPE YOU REPLY SOON.

:) :D :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

purrley
03-27-2002, 08:41 AM
Dogs need to be bathed once in a while, but I understand not so often as to cause them to have dry skin. Which I guess would be once a month. Cats, however, like I have, I never bathe them as long as they're in the house.

ramanth
03-27-2002, 11:05 AM
I bathe Kia once a month, unless she gets into something really nasty.... then she's in for it. ;)

My cats only get bathed if they get into something or are extrememly muddy and smelly.

sammi
03-27-2002, 11:27 AM
I get Buddy Boy bathed about 5 times a year - otherwise it dries the skin out.

RachelJ
03-27-2002, 12:20 PM
Hannah gets her bath at the groomers every 6 weeks. She also gets clipped at the same time. I do some periodic combing in between. Tucker goes to the groomers for a bath and clip every three months, but I give him a bath once in between. So actually they both get bathed every 6 weeks. Tucker needs a lot more combing than Hannah. Although he doesn't seem to get too dirty, his hair seems to get stringy when he needs a bath.

Logan
03-27-2002, 12:30 PM
As a matter of fact, my Golden girls, Honey and Lilly, are at the groomers today for a good bath. I usually try to tackle the bathing chores myself in the warm months, bathing them maybe once per month. But in the cold months, they go every 6-8 weeks to be groomed by someone who has all the equipment to do it correctly.

The cats????? Never even tried it!!!!! :D :D :D I depend on them to keep themselves clean.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-27-2002, 01:02 PM
Drake gets bathed once everyother weekend in the summer. And once every month in the winter. He never smells, but if he goes for a while without a bath, his fur gets dull and sheds exessively.

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 01:09 PM
Mom used to wash our German Shepard, Modoc, weekly, long story ... The vet convinced her to cut it back to once every 6 weeks as it was hard on his skin and he was having a bad reaction to soap? (Sorry, it's been a number of years and the details have fled my memory.)

jennifert
03-27-2002, 01:13 PM
I try to give Duncan a bath about once every 6 weeks or so. He jumps right into the tub for me. Not because he loves baths but he loves the tub!! Once he's in there and knows what I'm up to he tries to get out!!! And after the bath, it takes me another hour to clean the bathroom! I love when he is clean! He smells so good and his black coat is so shiny and soft!!!! He's due for one now actually! He'll be thrilled that you reminded me~!:D ;)

anna_66
03-28-2002, 08:32 AM
I take both mine to the groomers. They both are so big, but if they really get into something, & of course if it warm, I might give them a good scrub down!

Former User
03-29-2002, 09:25 AM
So far we haven't washed Casper or Kitty at all, let's see when the need comes....

03-29-2002, 02:10 PM
well , I only once tried to wash my cat Sydney . The result was that I was even more wet than my pet !!! Oh no , NEVER AGAIN !!
If my cat wishes to do the washing himself , well , so be it !!! from now on , I respect his meaning about this !!!

from your very wet cat-lover LUT:D :D :D :

LoudLou
03-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Well, Louie gets a bath almost every other month except in the Winter. During the Summer month or when the pollen count is really high we try to do it every other month, Louie and I are allergic to grass:eek:

Loud Louie sez,
I don't like baths. I gotz my Mama trained tho she haz ta getz in the tub with me cause I'm so short :o .... Daddy sez it's purty funny ta watch us!:D I don't like baths. They take away all my neat smellz. Sometimez Mama washez me with a HandiWipe cause she sez she doesn't like my parfume, "Essence D'Earthworm" I just love it...Maybe Mama's nose doesn't work so well.:)

Kfamr
03-29-2002, 04:56 PM
Simba gets a bathed twice a week. His skin is not dry at all! He always smells good too:D

lbaker
03-29-2002, 05:15 PM
As Bob Dylan would say...." honey I've gotta think you're really weird........" nuff said. (Bob's 115th dream..)

evelyn1157
03-30-2002, 05:15 AM
i bathe zoey every week. this is because the weather is very warm over here and she tends to stink after about 4 days. i have bathed her so many times and yet she hates taking a bath!!:confused:

Pam
03-30-2002, 06:31 AM
I have never bathed my kitties because they do a pretty good job of it themselves. Once in a while I wipe them down with a damp wash cloth.

Bella goes to the groomer's every 6 weeks for her bath and clipping. Since she is white she really starts to look a little "off white" at about 4 weeks. I think I may start bathing her myself at the halfway point, at 3 weeks, just to keep her white and sparkling, especially now that the warmer weather is here. She loves being in water, even in the bathtub! :rolleyes:

Ila
04-01-2002, 03:59 PM
Misty hates the water so I asked the vet what should I do to get her to like the water. He said you don't need to bathe her. A cat is cleaning themselves constantly they bathe themselves. Brushing them is good enough. Vet said all the chemicles in soaps and such the cat digests it licking so much could make a cat sick if the person did not get it rinced off good enough. So I really let Misty bathe herself and I get the pleasure of brushing her.