PDA

View Full Version : URGENT, Hurt cat...

Fur&Feathers
11-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Last night I heard a cat scream, I looked outside everywhere and couldn't find a cat. This afternoon, the precious kitty is laying next to my driveway, hardly able to walk. (Her/his right back leg seems hurt.) There are no open wounds and the cat ate like no tomorrow. I can't keep this cat, and unfortunately I just lost my job and am unable to pay any vet bills. What do I do with the kitty? Leave her at a vet and hope they do their best? I've called countless rescue groups who are ALL currently at their maximum amount... Please help!

Fur&Feathers
11-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Anyone? ANYTHING? I live near Atlanta, Georgia, can anyone TAKE this poor kitty? I don't know if i should leave it at a vet or not? Any opinions would be great THANKS

moosmom
11-08-2005, 12:18 PM
This poor cat sounds like he got hit by a car, from the injuries you described. I'd call the local vet or Humane Society and tell them your situation. I wish I was close, I'd help. I wish I knew someone near where you are to help out, but I don't.

Please keep us posted.

lv4dogs
11-08-2005, 12:30 PM
I agree, call your local vet or shelter. Explain the urgency of the situation.

If I lived closer I'd take him in.

I don't know why you are uncomfortable taking him to a vet... he needs vet care!!!!

lbaker
11-08-2005, 12:35 PM
I would hope no vet or humane society would refuse this cat simply because he is a stray and you are not the "rightful" owner. Perhaps the cats owner is frantic right now and is calling vets and humane society looking for their cat. Treat the cat NOW and worry about it later, please.

Anita Cholaine
11-08-2005, 12:46 PM
By the moment, try to take him to the vet as soon as possible...

Cataholic
11-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Although I am trying to remind myself to remain calm- I would nearly like to scream:

TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY!!!

Do you really need to ask this? :rolleyes:

lv4dogs
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
How & where is the cat?
(S)He may have internal bleeding. Please get him/her to a vets ASAP!!!!!

carole
11-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I understand your predicament completely, however as others suggested please just take the kitty to a vet, I am sure no decent vet would turn you away, as this poor kitty could indeed have internal injuries, thank you for caring enough to come here and ask for advice, that is what we are all here for,but yes get kitty to the vet asap, PLEASE let us know the outcome, and good luck with it all. :)

Fur&Feathers
11-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Don't worry guys, I didn't keep the cat away from medical attention. I took the cat to the Atlanta Humane Society, with a $20 donation (not much, but the most I could do.) They took the precious kitty. I'm iffy about bringing any animal to nearby vets, because they are of poor quality, vet care and people. I'll pray the cat makes a full recovery. Thanks everyone.

Daisy and Delilah
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Thank you for getting help for the kitty. We pray that he/she will recover quickly :( :)