PDA

View Full Version : Petey, the miracle bird

orangemm
11-08-2005, 04:34 AM
Yesterday our beloved Petey flew over to the Rainbow Bridge. He was a sweet, green parakeet who lived a miracle life.

I remember coming home one evening from work over 10 years ago and my husband called me to come upstairs. He said "This is Petey" and there was this pretty greenish-yellow parakeet in a cage. We had several other 'keets and I asked him where Petey came from.

At that time, Jeff worked at home and got a call from a friend of his who owns a car repair shop on a busy highway near our house. The friend told him to come up right away, that he had something for Jeff. When Jeff got there, Tom (the owner) handed Jeff a shoebox with holes poked in the lid.

There was little Petey, scared to death! He had flown into the garage and landed on the hood of a car and Tom scooped him up (lucky catch!) and put him in a box. He must have escaped from somewhere, but we never knew where he came from.

Petey fit in with our other birds, but we always felt a special bond to him because of the way he came to us.

Whenever we would let him out of the cage to fly, he'd always do a 'flyby' and buzz our heads!

Petey just got old and weaker and today he lost his fight. We were there with him as he crossed over to the RB.

Petey, we love you and we'll miss you every day.

Fly freely, little Petey!!!

k9krazee
11-09-2005, 12:13 PM
RIP Petey! Its sounds like you were very lucky to find your forever home with such caring people, fly free little guy!

Hannah-Lily
11-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Sorry for your loss sounds like a lovely bird.

Van10
11-10-2005, 11:29 AM
R-I-P little birdy! :(

crazy_caique
11-13-2005, 09:36 AM
R.I.P.Petey.
so sorry for your loss.

just me
11-23-2005, 09:40 AM
RIP Petey :(
Sounds like you were a great baby.
Your family will miss you deeply.