PDA

View Full Version : Sneakers the miracle cat

jenluckenbach
11-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Remember this cat from our shelter? Sneakers (http://67.15.70.205/talk/showpost.php?p=1265209&postcount=1)

He had not been doing well. He REFUSED to eat anything so a feeding tube was inserted.

Well, here is today's great update.....

Well, looks like it's over...knock on wood! Today was our last hurdle. The feeding tube is out and Dr. Hodges has stopped all meds. Sneaker's blood work is totally normal, except for a tad of anemia (normal for an FIV+ cat) and his weight is just a pound shy of what it was when he arrived at 1by1. By all rights, this cat should be dead. I thought he was a goner more than once!!! If it weren't for Dr. Hodges and the money Joyce was willing to spend on him, he'd be waaay over The Bridge by now.
Thank you all for praying for him. And...thanks to you all who helped take care of him and visit with him. This was definitely a miracle.

Soapets
11-07-2005, 06:46 PM
That's GREAT news! :) How old is he? Does he have a furever home yet?

Deb

catmandu
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
We are Praying ever harder for Sneakers to beat the Odds and become a Happy Healthy Cat.
Smokey and Munchkin Angels are with him Tonight,to ease his pain,and to help him recover.
He is so lucky to have Joyce as his Guardian.

jenluckenbach
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Joyce is president of 1by1. She OK'd the expendetures for his multiple blood tranfusions and the insertion of the feeding tube (over $3,000). Sneakers does not have a forever home, but he has great foster moms.

rg_girlca
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Wow Jen, that is fantastic news. Bless you Joyce for making this possible and a thank you to Dr. Hodges.

I hope and pray that Sneakers lives a l-o-n-g and happy life.

catnapper
11-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Dr. Hodges is the MOST WONDERFUL vet in the world. He's the one who also did Angel's leg operation. If he wasn't just an emergency referrral vet, I'd drive the hour drive just to have him take care of my pets. He's that wonderful (doesn't hurt that he is handsome with a GREAT personality and bedside manner ;) )

Yay Sneakers!

K & L
11-07-2005, 08:28 PM
What wonderful news, and such dedication from all!

momcat
11-07-2005, 09:29 PM
YAHOO!!!!! That is fantastic news. Prayers for Sneakers to stay in good health and find the perfect furever home :D :) :D

kimlovescats
11-07-2005, 09:41 PM
What awesome news! Just what I needed tonight! ;)

Kim

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2005, 01:05 AM
This is wonderful news!!! :D

orangemm
11-08-2005, 04:25 AM
I remember Sneakers (but was almost afraid to ask, if you know what I mean). What fantastic news! Good boy, Sneakers!