PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious Package found in New Haven, CT

catlover4ever
11-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I had to share this. It really breaks my heart that people are so irresponsible and stupid. Hopefully good homes will be found. I think they are adorable.

http://www.wfsb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4081270

kimlovescats
11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
OH my gosh! Nothing like wasting the time of the bomb squad and police force .... some people!!!! :mad: Well, I guess those kitties will be famous now, and are sure to at least get good homes! ;)

moosmom
11-07-2005, 12:18 PM
OMG Meg!!

I'm so glad they were found!! You just can't be too sure these days with suspicious packages. Can't wait to watch the news tonight. I'm sure with all the media attention, they'll all get adopted very quickly. I'll bet the bomb squad was relieved.

Simple solution to situations like that - SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PETS!!! SOME People are so stupid!!! :mad: :mad:

Lobodeb
11-07-2005, 01:40 PM
On the flip side, I have to give the people who left the package kudos. No, they shouldn't have left their pets their like that, and yes, it was a waste of the bomb squad's time, and yes, their pets should be fixed, but these kittens sure got attention! And you're right, they'll be sure to be adopted now!

Toby's my baby
11-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Poor kitties! That must have been a shocker! I've seen so many people drop animals off, it is so sad! I live out in the country and I ahve seen about 2 or three people stop right in front of my house and throw dogs out of their cars, it is so sad, but then they end up visiting me :D :p they all find homes though, thank goodness. I hope all the kittens find homes!

catmandu
11-07-2005, 02:52 PM
And they are such sweet Little Tabbies from the look of them.
I have the feeling that all these Unwanted Pets,are going to cause crackdowns and limits on responsible Pet Guardians.
The responsible always have to pay for the clods.
I pray those Kittens go somewhere good,say Allentown,PA!

moosmom
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
It's a good thing the bomb squad didn't blow the package up with one of those robots instead of looking inside the bin first!!

rg_girlca
11-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Is it just me or did it look like one of them was the mama. The one that turns her head.

I'm so glad that they were rescued. Obviously someone went to the trouble to put holes in the bin and blankets to keep them comfortable, but didn't think of the consequences if some dumb jerks found them instead.
I wonder if the person was standing nearby to see what would happen to the kitties.

I'm sure they have all found homes by now. :)

moosmom
11-07-2005, 05:30 PM
I wonder if the person was standing nearby to see what would happen to the kitties.

Now THAT wouldn't surprize me at all. Yes, the mama was in there with them.

rg_girlca
11-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks Donna for clearing that up for me. :D

Soapets
11-07-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm just glad the kitty family is safe now! It's too bad some people are irresponsible, but at least they put them someplace where they would be found instead of putting rocks in the bin and tying it shut and throwing it in a lake or something! I bet all of those babies, and their momma, find good homes, and hopefully all will be spayed/neutered and won't contribute to any more news like this!

Deb