PDA

View Full Version : A Big Worry :-(

K & L
11-07-2005, 09:51 AM
We got a letter in the mail Saturday stating the park will be under new management as of 7/06. We are now worried about how they will work with us taking care of the cats. We heard they are already getting rid of most of the chickens. Let’s hope these new people will work with us as well as the others have. At least we have till the middle of next year to continue!

Barbara
11-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Lisa I keep my fingers crossed!!!!!! May be park stay that wonderful place it is.

catmandu
11-07-2005, 09:57 AM
We are praying that those Poor Cats who have no homes,No Guardians will not lose the one place where they have the Food and Friends,that they need so very much!!!

Randi
11-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Lisa, I do hope the park will stay as it is, with all the kitties taken care of. Do you have any reason to fear they're gonna change anything? At least you have time to plan what to do about it.

Fister and I will keep all paws and fingers crossed for you and the kitties.

QueenScoopalot
11-07-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm sure you'll have a lot of support from people who know you, and hope things go favorably for the cats. Where are the chickens going, and why? :confused: I love chickens (my kitchen is decorated with plenty of them) and if we were zoned for them, I'd love to have a few hens. :) I'd start searching for all your best articles on why feral cats that are fixed can be beneficial to the area, and print them up.

kimlovescats
11-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Oh dear, Lisa, I can see why you are concerned! Surely the new owners won't want to disappoint all of the local people who have been so supportive of what you have been doing! I hope and pray that things will be just as they are, and your wonderful service and mission will be able to continue!

Hugs,
Kim

rg_girlca
11-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Oh Lisa, I understand your concerns. Is there anyway that the person who is in charge now can talk to the new people in regards to the cats??

Big time prayers on the way that this will not change a thing for the cats.

Soapets
11-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Yes, what everyone else has said! I sure hope the new owners are "cat people" and will be supportive of everything you have worked for!

Deb

K & L
11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks everyone! We're getting all our ducks in a row for the "just in case". We have a couple awards from the City recognizing this, articles, and just proof at the park on how well this has worked for them and the cats.

As for the chickens, I guess the park is getting over-whelmed with them (there's around 300 there) and they will donate them to a local egg ranch farm.

I will keep eveyone posted on this.

Uabassoon
11-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Oh no! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will work out.

momcat
11-07-2005, 09:11 PM
This is not good news! :mad: You work so hard to keep the kitties fed and healthy. Is there a petition we can sign? Who do we write to or e-mail? Tell me what I can do to help! I can't help but think of the beautiful ferals you recently posted.....
For the cats.....

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2005, 12:33 AM
I sure hope that they'll let you continue the wonderful work that you've done with the ferals. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Good luck and please keep us updated.

jenluckenbach
11-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Ut oh. I sure hope everything works out.

K & L
11-08-2005, 07:26 AM
This is not good news! :mad: You work so hard to keep the kitties fed and healthy. Is there a petition we can sign? Who do we write to or e-mail? Tell me what I can do to help! I can't help but think of the beautiful ferals you recently posted.....
For the cats.....

I thought the same thing about a petition. If this is necessary I will get it started here!!!

K & L
11-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I just got this note from the current Management. This really scares me:

"No. Sherry and I are not a part of the city Grand Plan, what ever that is. Thanks for all your help and devotion to the cats. Hopefully you will be able continue. The animals are our great concern, I don't know what the Parks and Recreation policy will be. We will be around through the spring.
Later,"

kimlovescats
11-08-2005, 05:08 PM
So the city is calling all the shots, and not consulting the current "residents"! :( Oh Lisa, I sure hope they don't do something drastic there!

((hugs))
Kim

momcat
11-08-2005, 06:28 PM
You're right, Lisa. This does not sound too good. My offer of help still stands and it will until the cats are safe!!!

K & L
11-08-2005, 07:59 PM
You're right, Lisa. This does not sound too good. My offer of help still stands and it will until the cats are safe!!!

Thank you! I've already got the current management writing a letter explaining our TNR program and how well it has benefited the park (and cats). You know us, we will fight till the end. Look what we did when the dogs were loose in the park. We've been doing this going on 8 years now and we won't give up easily. We will get many animal people involved here. Let's just hope it doesn't come to this and the new regime will work as well with us as the old one did.