PDA

View Full Version : Sitting on the monitor?

PostGhosty
03-27-2002, 06:44 AM
I just found this forum, and had a question. I have a 1 year and 10 month old lilac point siamese, Cleopatra. She is just the sweetest thing and we love her to death. I have a chronic pain disorder and she always knows when I need a cuddle. We got her has a friend for the children, but she seems to have adopted me. (can't imagine why, I'm the one that feeds her, cleans her, and makes sure her box is clean every day ;) )

Well, she follows me everywhere and lately, when I am at the computer doing something she will climb up and lay across the monitor. both legs, or her tail obstructing my view...lol

Does anyone else's cat do this?

yumyum6970
03-27-2002, 06:54 AM
Your kitty is sooo cute!! Do you have more pictures??
Kind of looks like my little Yum Yum. We aren't sure what she is though..We believe she has a bit of ragdoll and a bit of siamese is in her.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

PostGhosty
03-27-2002, 07:06 AM
Here is one where you can see her eyes. She has the most beautiful eyes.

nsweezie
03-27-2002, 09:11 AM
Neither of my cats sits on the moniter, however Clyde likes to drape his body on the keyboard so that I can't do a thing!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-27-2002, 09:31 AM
The only place Tubby and Peanut want to lay when I'm on the computer at home is on my lap. Seems like it would be no problem, but Peanut likes to hide her head so I have to keep my left arm down for her hiding place. No problem if I'm only surfing, but forget typing or anything else. And Tubby can't just lay, I have to be petting him or he will jump up on the desk and create a huge mess out of all of Terry's paperwork (work related) which doesn't go over very well with Terry, so I have to continually pet Tubby. Once again, fine if I just want to surf, but not conducive to doing much else on the computer. :rolleyes: Now you guys know why I do most of this from work. :D

Cleopatra is adorable! Love those blue eyes. :)

purrley
03-27-2002, 12:00 PM
OH MY POSTGHOSTLY - your Lilac is simply beautiful!!! I have a Chocolate and a Blue Point - I had a Lilac point, but unfortunately I lost her.:( My beautiful Seal Point Jessee just past to RB last March. I've always been a Siamese lover and I have a good friend who breeds them. That's where I get my cats. She promised me a Lilac whenever I get ready:) . Welcome to Pet Talk and thankyou for sharing your beautiful baby.;)

LoudLou
03-27-2002, 01:20 PM
POSTGHOSTLY- Cleopatra is STUNNINGLY beautiful! I bet she is Queen of the house, huh? I have two Meezer kitties, and if they thought they could get away with it I think they too would sleep on the monitor.:) However, we work on the computers all day and our house kinda looks like "Mission Control". The Meezers do appropiate the office chairs, though.;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
The Meezers do appropiate the office chairs, though.;)

LOL :D Tubby does the same thing! He'll be sitting on the desk and the second I get up he'll confiscate the chair. He'll just make himself all comfy as if to say "There, now you can't ignore me." :p

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 02:22 PM
What a lovely girl you have.

My computer moniter is tucked under a shelf on the computer table, so I rarely get cats on it (so far...). There is a hanging cat hammock in the window adjacent to the computer table, so I usually have company at my left shoulder as I work. Cassy usually snoozes, but sending something to print wakes him immediately. Otherwise, in decreasing order of probability he 1) sits on the top ledge of the computer table, 2) storms around the office destroying things, 3) disappears into the rest of the house where distant crashes lets me know my behavior is disapproved of, 4) he strolls across the computer desk aiming to stand in the printer, on the keyboard, or just block the monitor, or 5) he tries to sit in my lap. Livvy occasionally strolls across the desk, but otherwise lies in the hammock or circles my legs and asks for rubbies and lovies as she goes by.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-27-2002, 03:30 PM
My bunch aren't allowed to sit on the monitor due to an unfortunate accident involving my OLD monitor and Luke's delicate tummy. Chester does walk across it sometimes to get my attention. When I'm not using it, it is hidden from them. You certainly do have a lovely girl!:) :)

wayne0214
03-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Post ghostly, welcome to Pet Talk.

My snow cat used to lay on the monitor but not droop over it as your Cleopatra does. Now I have the monitor under a shelf so that my furkids cannot get on top of it. They have sand on their paws and it get on everythign that they climb onto. BTW, your Cleopatra is simply a beautiful kitty. She looks a little like by Snow Tigress, also a lilac-point Siamese, but Tigress' eyes are more fierce / "hawk-eyed" in appearance.:)

.......wayne

wolflady
03-27-2002, 08:08 PM
First of all, WELCOME!:D Your Cleopatra is absolutely gorgeous!! Oh!!!! Siamese fever!! I'm getting siamese fever!!:D LOL
How sweet that she "helps" you while you're at the computer! LOL My cats don't lay on top of our moniters, but my guess is it's a nice warm place!:D Our cats do, however, lay on top of the dryer while it's drying the clothes because it's nice and toasty there:)
Again, welcome to Pet Talk!! We'd all LOVE to see more pics of your beautiful girl!:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Tinky doesn't sit on the monitor but she does do this............
Ever since Tinky discovered the computer mouse arrow this is all I see when I get on the computer...........:D :)

http://netsnapshot.com/users/7030/images/PJhjIMCoBQIAAEyIj40_7030_8.jpg

Gio
03-28-2002, 09:05 AM
What lovely eyes!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk Post ghostly. One of my cats sleeps on top of the TV sometimes with her tail dangling infront of the screen :rolleyes: I think it's a mixture between having found a warm spot and wanting to be in the room you'er in :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2002, 10:14 AM
That is such a cute picture of Tinky, Sara. :D She looks like she's really into it, and I love the website you're on. :p

She also looks like she's really getting big! They grow up so quickly. :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-28-2002, 02:48 PM
and I love the website you're on.
LOL Tubby and Peanuts mom!!!

Thats the website i'm on??????????? That is my second home!!!
And she is getting big :( :( :( They do grow up too fast.......... thats why I chase her around with the camera all the time :D :rolleyes:

Ila
03-28-2002, 04:28 PM
Welcome to Pettalk!! Misty has never even tried to get on the monitor so I count my blessings. She has a chair next to me or the floor or my lap she lays on. But she never has gotten on the computer desk. Lucky Me!!

Former User
03-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Here's our Kitty.... it's so cosy and warm on top of the monitor....

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/.jpg

gini
03-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
Tinky doesn't sit on the monitor but she does do this............
Ever since Tinky discovered the computer mouse arrow this is all I see when I get on the computer...........:D :)

http://netsnapshot.com/users/7030/images/PJhjIMCoBQIAAEyIj40_7030_8.jpg

That is so cute.......and Tinky is reading Wolf Lady's post............a very smart cat! Her posts are always good ones.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Wow! Look at the tail on little Kitty! :eek: Not only does she have big whiskers, she has a big tail. She might just end up being a big cat!

Something else that happened while I was gone this weekend - welcome back C & K!!! :D

Former User
04-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Kitty won't be a big cat, she won't grow anymore, vet said... and it's fine by us, she's a nice little cat!

04-05-2002, 10:38 AM
:) hi !! My nephew Mario has a cat that always sits on the monitor !!! She is a Siamese too !!! Will ask him a picture to post here !!