PDA

View Full Version : Puggles are worth more than Corgis

.sarah
11-06-2005, 06:35 PM
This lady (http://www.dahlhousekennels.com) is breeding "Puggles" as well as Pembroke Welsh Corgis. She's charging $700 for the mutts, and only $400 or $350 for the Corgis. Make sense? Hardly.

Alysser
11-06-2005, 06:40 PM
THAT'S SICK! How stupid are these people? BTW, did you get a new dog? Luka? Because I don't remember her on your siggy before?

.sarah
11-06-2005, 06:42 PM
THAT'S SICK! How stupid are these people? BTW, did you get a new dog? Luka? Because I don't remember her on your siggy before?
Yeah, you can click here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=92131) to read about her :)

sammy101
11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
ugh,how sad is that :( :mad: These people disgust me

Flatcoatluver
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM
thats sick and wrong!!! god people like that make me so mad!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alysser
11-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Aw! She sounds adorable. I can't believe how stupid people are. A pakc of wolves. Really..... People scare me............................. :mad: ALOT!

Jessika
11-06-2005, 07:48 PM
If you want a mixed puppy don't waste your money on one from a so-called "breeder". Go to the shelter and adopt one that will REALLY make a difference in its life. These "puggles" already HAVE a home. The dogs in shelters don't!!

Chica
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
I agree with Jessica! these dogs in shelters need homes!!!These other muts should not be bred, and made a design puppy.What will happen to the animals in the shelters that need homes???????Breeding more animals like that is wrong. Simply wrong!!!!!!!! :mad:

.sarah
11-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I'm well aware of that (though I don't think you're directing this at ME, just in general), but I found it *really* odd and it also made me mad.

Chica
11-06-2005, 08:39 PM
No, I am not directing my opnion at you at all, I think it is just wrong to make new breeds as designer pups. And these people who do it think this is cute. ;)

MyLittleMutt
11-07-2005, 07:32 AM
That is so sad. :( I can't believe someone would charge that much for a mutt. :mad:

LKPike
11-07-2005, 09:41 AM
k, puggle is new for me. whats a puggle mix, now?

nobody should buy from a breeder that purposely breeds animals in a way that akc is strictly against. if they want to create a new breed, should keep running to get it approved by akc FIRST.

dab_20
11-07-2005, 10:14 AM
the reason they are 'worth' more is because they are trying to enhance the pug and beagle breed. taking away the beagle's wish to run after a scent and the pugs health problems. it ridiculous isnt it!?! a puggle would acctually be the perfect breed for my dad, but its a mixed breed and its SOOOO expensive. its just dumb. i dont mind ppl buying mixed breeds at all -they are also great dogs- but i mean COME ON.

p.s. there are plenty of great mix breeds in shelters!! why do ppl breed more of them!?!

Suki Wingy
11-07-2005, 10:23 AM
k, thought this applied to this thread too...
JUST TRYING TO CLARIFY TO PEOPLE WHO ARE CONFUSED ABOUT BREEDING BEING “OK” OR “GOOD” VS. “WRONG” IN GENERAL

Many people are confused about which breeding situations are bad vs. good and why, I will attempt to clarify

You breed your dogs with health certificates and cleared all their tests, you CAREFULLY plan out your breeding, you are 100% dedicated to the mom and puppies, you regularly show, you go to great heights to make sure the dogs are the perfect dogs, you have in mind what will result from the breeding (colors, what you wanted to improve, etc.) and you keep in touch with your puppies and become friends with the puppy’s new owners. You take in rescues when needed and keep all the conformation/ performance, carefully bred lines OUT of pet only, other breedings by neutering or spaying all pet dogs, and there is a clear line between your world and the pet/ profit world.
You dedicate all your time and extra money to this cause as well as rescue and you TAKE CONTROL over the lives you bring into this world.

This (all above) is why we are so happy and exited for certain puppies on this forum and are upset at some.

With sooo many breeds to choose from, pick one, it doesn’t look exactly like you designed to be your “perfect dog” then deal. We don’t need any more breeds.
yeah, I agree they are cute, BUT ^^^^^ that DOES NOT make it right, plus, they are already in the sheltes from impulse buyers. :( :mad:
This woman has NO morals. :eek:

Jessika
11-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Well I just wish that the media would give as much attention to the dogs sitting in shelters needing good home that really NEED a new family as they do to the designer breeds.