PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's new episode

.sarah
11-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Any one else watching this show right now? My God the family is amazing, I keep crying :(

Alysser
11-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Lol I am watching! It's very sad. But it's great what Ty is doing for that family.

sammy101
11-06-2005, 07:15 PM
its a real tear jerker,i've been crying for the whole thing :o

kuhio98
11-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for letting me know. It's not on for a few more hours here, but I'll be sure to watch it tonight.

.sarah
11-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Of course! It's almost over here, it was a two hour episode, and it was just wonderful. The things they thought of in that house ... I love what they did for the family :)

Flatcoatluver
11-06-2005, 07:57 PM
I'll have to take a shower real quick then watch it!!! it's on in a hour

Chica
11-06-2005, 08:20 PM
OMG SARAH, You say it's a real tear jerker!!. I like what this program does for all the different families. ;) It is so great that they can do this. I was going to watch this show in an hour, because I am a different time table than you. But I don't want to cry . But I do like what they do. ;)

Toby's my baby
11-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I watched it! I love that show, it is so cool that they take time to do things like that for such nice families

Flatcoatluver
11-06-2005, 08:43 PM
ahh i don't wanna cry either!!! specially the mood i am, i am probally going to end up crying!!! :rolleyes: it on for me in 18 min.

.sarah
11-06-2005, 09:05 PM
ahh i don't wanna cry either!!! specially the mood i am, i am probally going to end up crying!!! :rolleyes: it on for me in 18 min.
There are some sad moments but most of it is happy crying :) lol

Craftlady
11-06-2005, 09:48 PM
A great show and family. House was indeed awesome. Got a real kick out of sister who is a HUGH fan of Back Street Boys.
It's always a 10 hanky show. Especially tonights the tribute and photo of their brother who died.

DS Chins
11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
I missed it :( ... my mom called me to tell me it was in her town "my hometown", but the show was already over.

Flatcoatluver
11-06-2005, 10:19 PM
its still going on for me!!! I balled like a baby a couple parts!!

gini
11-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks so much for posting this thread. I had no idea it was a two hour show this evening, so I went flying in to turn on the television after I saw your post.

I am completely addicted to this show..............I try to never miss it.........it gives me my good cry for the week :D :D

The elevator, the lowered sinks, the convenient bathroom for the girls on the third floor - complete with handicapped bathtub..............

This just has to be one of the best shows on Sunday night.

.sarah
11-07-2005, 12:01 AM
This just has to be one of the best shows on Sunday night.
No, one of the best shows EVER. This show is one of the only shows that has nearly 0 bad points. People helping disabled people change their lives by making their house more convenient is never a bad thing.

K9karen
11-07-2005, 01:12 AM
There was some kind of sports program on that delayed it until 130am. I'm listening while typing. Usually I go to bed real late anyway but I have to get up early tomorrow for the dentist. But I'll probably stay up and watch as much as I can. Good reason to get TIVO. I sob and sob every time.

mruffruff
11-07-2005, 08:07 AM
This is the only TV show I consider a "must see" every week. I especially like it when they save some of the old house and donate it to groups like Habitat for Humanity, as they did last night.

Some of the design team's ideas are amazing. I'd like to see all of the makeovers after a year. Really tour the places and see if some of the ideas just didn't last and which ones did.

Dakota's Mommy
11-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I was tuned in too! I love that show. I've been addicted from the start. It's so wonderful what they do for these special families!

moosmom
11-07-2005, 11:58 AM
That is THE only reality show I'll watch. The Tom family is an amazing group of people, the matriarch of whom I greatly admire. A single Mom raising 8 children with limitations. And those kids are quite amazing! You'd never know it by their personalities that they all have disabilities. The mom did a wonderful job raising them on her own.

I give that show a big KUDOS!!

Logan
11-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Donna, I totally agree with you! The way those precious girls reacted with such emotion and joy and never complained about anything one single time. **sigh** I know some kids that really could learn a lesson from those children, for sure.

I love that show! And I love "Three Wishes", too. There isn't a person in this house that doesn't get teary eyed watching either one of them. My family has adjusted to the fact that I'm gonna cry and they just need to let me.

Logan

gini
11-07-2005, 01:27 PM
The college fund for those girls - now didn't that just get to you?

And the mortgage being paid off..............that called for another good cry too!!

I missed the very beginning of the show, so I don't know the relationship of the girls to the Mom.

Can anyone fill me in? Thanks!!!

Logan
11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Gini, I missed the first part too, but I am assuming that the oldest girl must be her blood daughter (well, I was wrong about that...wonder where her two "blood" sons are in all of this). How special that they were able to get the oldest girl a car of her own, plus a private entrance to her room! The others, I know, were all adopted. What I don't know if there was ever a Mr. Toms in the picture. She had a lovely, clean home, before the makeover, but it was not friendly for the girls with the disabilities.

Edit: Look at this link. I think it will help explain a lot. Glad you asked!!!!

Extreme Makeover : Home Edition (http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/bios/304.html)

jennifert9
11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
All the girls were adopted, including the eldest. She had brain surgery as an infant.

LoudLou
11-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Such a great show... I only caught the last 20 minutes. That was enough time for me to develop LES tho... There is a great Documentary on Susan Tom... what an AMAZING woman!

http://www.stomfamily.com/

Flatcoatluver
11-07-2005, 02:29 PM
oh thanks for those links!!! the begining had be in the biggest tear when they told how the son died and then when that man sang a song to the young girl that was the worst, i was crying so bad.

.sarah
11-07-2005, 03:51 PM
oh thanks for those links!!! the begining had be in the biggest tear when they told how the son died and then when that man sang a song to the young girl that was the worst, i was crying so bad.
Yeah, when Mark Wills came on that made me cry. That song ALWAYS makes me cry, too, so it really fit with the show. ;)

moosmom
11-07-2005, 05:41 PM
That is my FAVORITE song!! I have it on CD recorded by Peter, Paul & Mary. So true!!! It's not what's on the outside, it's what is on the inside that counts!