PDA

View Full Version : The ringworm saga continues.

jenluckenbach
11-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Just when I thought we were safe from the ringworm that Pumpkin had brought here, I find a suspicious spot on Rutherford. :(

Here we go again. :( :(

catmandu
11-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Not again Jen!!
We pray that you can,once and for all stop this from spreading.
I am so lucky that GCK,and Angels did not bring anything like that in,during thier short stay at the Hotel.
We are sending Prayers to you,Friend Jen.

jazzcat
11-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that Jen. I guess I didn't realize just how lucky I was when Jazz had it and she didn't spread it to Ripley or Disney. That was before Scout, Rocky and Rumor or I'd probably had an epedemic.

I hope this is just an isolated case.

K & L
11-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Knock on wood we've never had to go through this. I sure hope you can get rid of this nasty stuff soon.

rg_girlca
11-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh Jen.......*HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS*

I pray that you are able to contain it.

Hang in there girl and keep us posted.

kimlovescats
11-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh dear .... well since Rutherford is a big healthy kitty, it shouldn't get too bad on him. Let's hope and pray for the best! ;)

(((HUGS)))
Kim

jenluckenbach
11-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh dear .... well since Rutherford is a big healthy kitty, it shouldn't get too bad on him. Let's hope and pray for the best! ;)

(((HUGS)))
Kim
Here's the puzzling thing...... Just yesterday I heard (yes heard) Rutherford leave a wet, noisy poop, in the box. Maybe having some diarrhea depressed his immune system enough to allow the ringworn to take hold.

The spot on Rutherford is quite large in comparrison to the 2 spots Pumpkin had. :confused:

I know that he should be confined, but I feel so badly cutting him off from the family. He didn't ask for this. What am I gonna do??? :(

momcat
11-06-2005, 01:58 PM
How sad to hear this, Jen. I can't begin to even imagine how totally frustrated you must be by now. I feel bad because I can't offer you any thoughts or solutions for this. What I do offer you is my support, prayers, and willingness to help if there's any way I can.

kimlovescats
11-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I tell ya, once it's in your carpet, even your woodwork ... there is really no fighting it. I just deal with it and it eventually passes. Of course, I haven't had a really bad outbreak before, so maybe I've just been lucky. I know my friend from another rescue always knocks herself out scouring, separating, bathing / dipping, etc... including much fretting ... and she still has it as long as I ever had. I just try to remain thankful that it isn't really anything serious. It's ugly and itchy, but it goes away. :rolleyes:

(((hugs)))
Kim

Soapets
11-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Oh no, not again! I haven't had to deal with it, and I hope I never do. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, though! I hope you can get it stopped SOON!

Deb

jenluckenbach
11-06-2005, 02:19 PM
I tell ya, once it's in your carpet, even your woodwork ... there is really no fighting it. I just deal with it and it eventually passes. Of course, I haven't had a really bad outbreak before, so maybe I've just been lucky. I know my friend from another rescue always knocks herself out scouring, separating, bathing / dipping, etc... including much fretting ... and she still has it as long as I ever had. I just try to remain thankful that it isn't really anything serious. It's ugly and itchy, but it goes away. :rolleyes:

(((hugs)))
Kim
If it were just me and MY cats, I'd say OK! but what about the fosters I can't be giving this trouble to anyone who adopts from my home. :(

kimlovescats
11-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Yep, that's the part that stinks. I had several with it a couple of years ago ... kittens, and had to wait til they were all cleared up and had hair again :eek: before I could place them. :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
11-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Hopefully it won't spread to any other cats. I've heard that when it affects long haired cats that it's much harder to get rid of but hopefully this isn't the case. It's recommended that you clip the hair around the ringworm area so that you're able to treat it better too. Good luck and please continue to keep us updated.

jenluckenbach
11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
The first thing I did was scissor the hair from the ringworm spot. I read shaving only spread the fungus. And yes, Pumpkin and Rutherford are both long hairs.

I fear that I will continue to have this problem FOREVER now that it is in my house, my carpet, everywhere! :(