PDA

View Full Version : Kimmy and Josh

Greyt_Greys
11-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi! I am new to pet talk and I look foward to meeting new people and their pets. I have two greyhounds : Josh and Kimmy. I am getting another one soon. Anyway, I LOVE LOVE greyhounds. My love is basically that :)

Jessika
11-05-2005, 09:56 PM
I love greyhounds, they are so graceful and beautiful!! Did you get them from a rescue??

Greyt_Greys
11-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Yes, Josh was a so called, Horrible racer, and was put up for adoption because he wasn't fast enoungh. Kimmy, well she was just a stray. I adopted them both.

sammy101
11-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Welcome to PT!My two are in my signature :)
i LOVE greyhounds.I would love to rescue a couple some day.

Greyt_Greys
I am hoping to get another one. One of the older retired racers.

Jessika
Oooh that's wonderful!! Good for you!! ♥♥♥

Greyt_Greys
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Your two dogs looks great! Lucy and Kodie are very cute. :eek:

sammy101
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Your two dogs looks great! Lucy and Kodie are very cute. :eek:

thankyou! :) Your two are gorgeous!

Greyt_Greys
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
What kind of dogs do you have Jessika? Aussies?

Greyt_Greys
11-05-2005, 10:02 PM

Greyt_Greys
11-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Charlie and Jamie are beautiful dogs. They are both adorable. :)

Jessika
11-05-2005, 10:05 PM
What kind of dogs do you have Jessika? Aussies?

Yup!! good job, a lot of people get them mixed up with Blue Heelers (Australian Cattle Dog) or Border Collies :(

EDIT: And awww thank you so much for your compliment! :)

Greyt_Greys
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
They don't look to much like Border Collies. I can tell by their color.

Jessika
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Actually you can have Blue Merle border collies too, not red merle though!

.sarah
11-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Yup!! good job, a lot of people get them mixed up with Blue Heelers (Australian Cattle Dog) or Border Collies :(

EDIT: And awww thank you so much for your compliment! :)
Charlie has an unusually long, pointy face for an Aussie, and Jamie's seems a little long but not pointy. They don't look like BCs to me, though, but they probably don't have any champions or anything in their pedigree. Correct me if I'm wrong (and this wasn't meant to be a rude statement :o ).

.sarah
11-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Actually you can have Blue Merle border collies too, not red merle though!
They'll probably magically appear one day, lol. You know, because an Aussie will be crossed with them and they'll breed it back in with a border collie and keep the color and then VIOLA: RED MERLE BCS!!

.sarah
11-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi! I am new to pet talk and I look foward to meeting new people and their pets. I have two greyhounds : Josh and Kimmy. I am getting another one soon. Anyway, I LOVE LOVE greyhounds. My love is basically that :)
Oh, and welcome! Hehe got a little sidetracked on the other conversations in this thread! So glad you rescued your babies! There's a race-track in the next county over and one day I plan to rescue one of the retired racers :)

Jessika
11-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Charlie has an unusually long, pointy face for an Aussie, and Jamie's seems a little long but not pointy. They don't look like BCs to me, though, but they probably don't have any champions or anything in their pedigree. Correct me if I'm wrong (and this wasn't meant to be a rude statement :o ).

Yup I'd noticed that too, but its ok since I didn't get them for show or anything. :) I haven't received Charlie's papers yet but his background is questionable (though I did see his grandparents) and Jamie's I have no clue since I adopted her from another lady. I do have papers for Jamie, though.

edit: Charlie also has a "crook'd" nose too LOL which was a dead give-away that he isn't up to par with the breed standard ;)

.sarah
11-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Charlie -- I love him the best because he makes those wierd faces. Like the one in your current pet cam picture. He's just freakin hilarious!

.sarah
11-05-2005, 10:19 PM
edit: Charlie also has a "crook'd" nose too LOL which was a dead give-away that he isn't up to par with the breed standard ;)
And those ears!! I've never seen an Aussie with ears quite like that! He's a breed all his own, hehe.

Jessika
11-05-2005, 10:21 PM
LMAO I know! I think its partly because his lips are half-black so it makes him look dopey, you know? (another part that isn't breed-standard cause blue and blacks are supposed to have black lips and eye rims).

edit: aww we've "taken over" greyt_grey's intro thread I kinda feel bad hehe

BUT DON'T WORRY YOU ARE WELCOMED and greyhounds aer beautiful!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Jessika, Border Collies do come in red merle also. A friend of mine has a 10 year old female red merle :) Here's (http://www.gis.net/~shepdog/BC_Museum/Permanent/BC_ColorRedMerle.html) a link to a page full of them aswell.

Anyway, back to topic....

Welcome to Pet Talk Greyt_Greys! I love Greyhounds, they're such an elegant breed. My name is Devan and I have 4 dogs; Winston and Keeva (Doberman Pinschers), Tango (Border Collie/Toller mix) and Tia (mini Dachshund). I hope you decide stick around. I'd love to see some pics of your beautiful Greys :)

Jessika
11-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Jessika, Border Collies do come in red merle also. A friend of mine has a 10 year old female red merle :) Here's (http://www.gis.net/~shepdog/BC_Museum/Permanent/BC_ColorRedMerle.html) a link to a page full of them aswell.

Anyway, back to topic....

Really?? See, I read that they did at a book when I worked at PetCo, but then after doing some research online I learned differently and since more evidence on the net supported otherwise I believed it LOL I know red merle BCs look a lot like red merle aussies with their tails intact.

.sarah
11-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Really?? See, I read that they did at a book when I worked at PetCo, but then after doing some research online I learned differently and since more evidence on the net supported otherwise I believed it LOL I know red merle BCs look a lot like red merle aussies with their tails intact.
A lot of them on that link she provided looked like Jamie!

chocolatepuppy
11-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Kimmy and Josh are adorable! My furkids are in my siggy. Hope to see you around the forum! :D

Daisy and Delilah
11-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Kimmy and Josh are beautiful! My chihuahuas, Daisy and Delilah say hi! :)

Jadapit
11-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Welcome to PT! Kimmy and Josh are beautiful. The greyhound is such a beautiful breed. I have 3 fur kids they are in my sig. :)

RobiLee
11-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Kimmy and Josh are very pretty Greys. I hope you will share lots more of them with us. My name is Robin and those are my two furkids in my signature.

Greyt_Greys
11-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Thank you guys! I am hoping to take some pictures of them today. We are going to our local park today because it's actually pretty warm today. Josh and Kim hasn't been out for two days because of rain :rolleyes:

Greyt_Greys
11-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Oh, ad all your dogs are very cute! :D Jessika, Charlie didn't look like an Aussie at first lol because of his long muzzle. But now he does.

Toby's my baby
11-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your dogs are gorgeaus! I lvoe greyhounds to death. My brother has two greyhounds :

Ned:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/Ned.jpg

Madison:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/Maddy.jpg

He rescued them too! Good luck with getting another rescue, that is so great that you rescue them!

I'm Beth and I am owned by 3 dogs, 2 cats, 3 ducks, and 2 horses. You can see one of my pups in my signature. :) Welcome ot PT!

Greyt_Greys
11-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Those greys are beautiful. I already LOVE Autumn to death! :D

Toby's my baby
11-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Those greys are beautiful. I already LOVE Autumn to death! :D

Thank you :D