PDA

View Full Version : Horse Clicker Training?

areias
11-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I'd like to try to clicker train my horse, I think she needs to be a little more stimulated. Has anyone had any success with this or know someone who has? Is it difficult to do? My horse won't even do carrot stretches, I don't know if she'll learn to be clicker trained...

Anyways just seeing if anyone has had any experience with this.

Jessika
11-05-2005, 09:53 PM
I've seen it done on television before (on some animal behavior show) and it seemed to work REALLY well with this horse! You clicker train a horse in the same manner as you would a dog. :)

Mutt_Maniac
11-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I have never even heard of it before. I'm sure it would probably work though! It's definatly worth a try!

areias
11-06-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm going to go out today and try to do the first step. I read a lot on the internet, and I think I'm going to try it. It would really help me a lot because I can't clip her, and trying to worm her is a pain. If I could clicker train her, and then slowly introduce these things, it would help me a lot. I'll keep you guys updated. :) Hopefully she'll catch on, or be interested in the game.

crazy_caique
11-06-2005, 12:56 PM
never heard of clicker training a horse

Jessika
11-06-2005, 07:42 PM
never heard of clicker training a horse

You can clicker train pretty much any animal

Flatcoatluver
11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
one of my freinds did this with their horse, they said it worked really good and the horse it really well behavied now

areias
11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I went out there today to start it, but the owner was out there and feeding/doing stalls, it was getting late, and she had a nose bleed for some wierd reason so I decided to hold off. I did click and treat a couple of times, I'm sure she won't really understand yet, but I'll introduce between tomorrow and tuesday.

And I've heard of people clicker training chickens, so I'm sure my horse can be clicker trained.

crazy_caique
11-07-2005, 03:38 PM
i have heard of people clicker training macaws and cockatoos
i just never really thought of a horse