PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire Night...

kilbarchancats
11-05-2005, 07:59 PM
How did everyone get on, through this most horrendous of occasions. Our house was like a very wild party, loud music and television on in every room, in an attempt to drown out the noise. the bangs however could still be heard over and above - it was, you would imagine, like being in Baghdad and not our otherwise quiet village. Candy and Tom don't bother so much but poor max (who is otherwise a bruiser of a boy, a big, big brave cat) was absolutely terrified. He sat in the kitchen and pleaded with me to open the washing machine so he could get in and basically wouldn't settle all night.

Have to say that seeing the effect it had on him (and that ppooooorrr scared face and the aeroplane ears) I was beyond absolutely fxxxxxxng raging, just as well none of the neighbours are withint such a distance, otherwise I would have torn them to strips. Sorry, but no-one breathes in the direction of the furries if I can help it. Why not just set light to your money, its the same thing to my mind....

laurax.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Poor, poor babies!!! :eek: :eek: It is not a holiday here in the US so we don't share your pain....on this one anyway!

We have plenty of noisy holidays!

kilbarchancats
11-05-2005, 08:28 PM
It seems that the loud noises have gone now but (shhhhhhhh))) we will spin this out for as long as we can...xxx

rg_girlca
11-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Poor Max. I hope he feels better now that the big bad noise is all gone.

G535
11-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Private fireworks have been banned here for years but I can remember too well the terrified cats and horses I had at the time. I didn't know they were still legal in the UK.

kilbarchancats
11-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Thanks guys. Its still legal to have them on bonfire night and occasions like xmas and new year. Stilll doesn't stop teenagers or whatever hanging about and letting them off for fun ( :mad: )

I feel especially badly for any wee cats who are patients in the vets here. Although our village is small we have a display in the park and also a football field. The vets practice is slap,bang in the middl e of the two. ohh, think of all the poor wee patients stuck in the middle of that war zone terrified out of their minds, thank god its over, but I suspect still a few more bangs for the next few days

catmandu
11-06-2005, 08:29 AM
I have the Drunken Welfare Louts on Canada Day,that dont have money for food,but have Beer and Fireworks,
Its not bad for the Found Cats,but I have seen burns on the Porchies,from having Fire Crackers thrown at them.
And these are supposed to be Adults!
We have fewer Adults,more Over Grown Children.