PDA

View Full Version : What is up with cats and water going down drains?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-26-2002, 03:46 PM
My cats are so easy to amuse. Just let water go down a drain and they are in heaven. They are specially fond of the kitchen sink drain. I have a double sink and when you pull the plug out on one side the water comes up in the other too. Luke and Chester get a big thrill from this. Any stray soap suds have to be smacked with a curious paw. If they are blessed with a gurgle too, Luke gets real excited. He crouches down and wiggles his rear and peeks over the sink. Then he tries to stick his head down the drain to see what monster drank all that water. I thought cats were not supposed to like water. It's cheap entertainment at my house.:)

LoudLou
03-26-2002, 03:55 PM
Bonzo loves to watch the toilet flush!:o It's a good thing he doesn't know how to push the handle or we'd hear it all night!:eek: ....He's such a strange boy.;)

wolflady
03-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Good question!! LOL Hey, cheap entertainment is the most affordable kind;) I wish I was as easily amused as our cats can be...well, sometimes I am...but I better not go there! LOL LOL

Marius loves to watch the running water in the upstairs bathroom. He'll stick his paw in the water running from the faucet and then will proceed to do the 'paw flick'. It cracks me up. It's as if he's thinking...ok, what is this stuff?? ICK! It's wet!!! I laugh at him every time! LOL

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-26-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
He'll stick his paw in the water running from the faucet and then will proceed to do the 'paw flick'. It cracks me up. It's as if he's thinking...ok, what is this stuff?? ICK! It's wet!!! I laugh at him every time! LOL

LOL :D And then you proceed to wipe the water spots off the mirror, right? :rolleyes: Peanut does this all the time too. And she gets the water everywhere. :rolleyes: For some reason Tubby is not fascinated with water like she is.:confused:

wolflady
03-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

LOL :D And then you proceed to wipe the water spots off the mirror, right? :rolleyes: Peanut does this all the time too. And she gets the water everywhere. :rolleyes: For some reason Tubby is not fascinated with water like she is.:confused:

LOL YUP!!!! :D It is funny how some are totally fascinated by water while others could care less. Scooter is like your Tubby. He could care less! LOL LOL;)

Ila
03-27-2002, 07:34 AM
All these water games sound so funny!! Misty when water is running she is long gone. I have no idea what scared her about water. I have never seen her paws in her water dish. If she gets close to running or standing water other than her dish she just trembles. I have a little scaredy cat on my hands. I love her !!

nsweezie
03-27-2002, 08:48 AM
My two boys are the absolute opposite of each other when it comes to water. Clyde really enjoys being in the bathroom, he likes to get in the sink, and love to sit on the edge of the tub when someone is having a bath.
Scooter on the other hand is terrified of water. He won't ever go in the bathroom, and once when he escaped outside and it started to rain he flattened himself up against the side of the house and proceeded to howl at the top of his lungs

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-27-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by nsweezie
Scooter on the other hand is terrified of water. He won't ever go in the bathroom, and once when he escaped outside and it started to rain he flattened himself up against the side of the house and proceeded to howl at the top of his lungs

Poor thing!!! But at least you knew where he was to go get him and bring him back in. ;)

Harley
03-28-2002, 06:49 PM
All three of my furkids - Trixie, Bo and Jazz - are fascinated with the toilet flushing. Sometimes all three faces are peering into the bowl...three cats with one flush.

LoudLou
03-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Harley
....Sometimes all three faces are peering into the bowl...three cats with one flush.

It's nice to know they conserve water!;) :D Must be quite the sight!

AmberLee
03-28-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
It's nice to know they conserve water!;) :D

:D Hee, hee, hee! You are so funny!