PDA

View Full Version : Name

Sassy_luvr
11-05-2005, 09:46 AM
:D Hiya,
i am gunna get a new dog, it's gunna be a chaweener (chauaha sp.? weener) it's gunna be a girl. but i don't know wut i am gunna name her:confused: . any suggestions? PLEASE post!!!

finn's mom
11-05-2005, 09:57 AM
So, you're getting a puppy that is part Chihuahua and part Dachshund? That should be really cute...pardon me, though, if I think it's silly when the two names are mixed together like that. Ha ha, that's funny. Mutts are the best, though. My RB boy, Bruno, was a dachshund and a cocker spaniel mix. Do you have any idea what color she's going to be?

Jessika
11-05-2005, 01:56 PM
I hope its just a mix and not a designer dog! :o Because if you want a mix, or ANY companion dog, there are plenty in the shelters whos lives are at risk and you can save them! :)

Giselle
11-05-2005, 05:35 PM
WAIT a minute!!! What about Sassy? I remember you were complaining about her behavioral problems and how your parents threatened to give her away. I also remember how after receiving pages and pages upon pages of advice and even after one poster offered to take Sassy in, you immediately turned around and said everything was alright. And now you want a designer mutt? I'm sorry, but can you please explain the situation a bit more? Are you even up for this? It feels like you're just replacing Sassy... :confused:

Love4BCs
11-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Don't decide a name already..... Wait until you get her to see what her personality is like. Try a few out. See what she responds to best.

If you got rid of your past dog because of behavourial problems that you guys couldn't fix, what makes you think this dog won't develop any? You can't just dispose of a dog because they have behavourial problems. You are the owners and you are responsible for care and training of your dog.

I hate people who just get rid of a pet because they can't handle it or don't want it anymore. :mad:

finn's mom
11-05-2005, 06:00 PM
From what I remember, they didn't give Sassy away...but, maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Alysser
11-05-2005, 06:36 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Your getting rid of a dog and just getting another one to replace her???? Thats very very cruel! That's why millions of dogs end up in shelters every year. Behavioral problems can be fixed if done properly. My dog has some flaws but I would NEVER give her up. Seriously, that's sick. Now Sassy can end up be put to sleep! :mad: :mad: :mad:

finn's mom
11-05-2005, 06:37 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Your getting rid of a dog and just getting another one to replace her???? Thats very very cruel! That's why millions of dogs end up in shelters every year. Behavioral problems can be fixed if done properly. My dog has some flaws but I would NEVER give her up. Seriously, that's sick. Now Sassy can end up be put to sleep! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Where was it said that she got rid of Sassy? The last thing I remember was that they didn't get rid of her. If someone could point me to the thread where she did get rid of her, I'd appreciate it.

Flatcoatluver
11-05-2005, 06:39 PM
i think she kept sassy, i mean why would she keep her siggy and avie if she dosn't have sassy???

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-05-2005, 06:40 PM
As far as I know she still has Sassy and also got another dog named Kandi not too long ago....

finn's mom
11-05-2005, 06:41 PM
As far as I know she still has Sassy and also got another dog named Kandi not too long ago....

That's what I was thinking. It's just that people are getting highly agitated over her replacing Sassy, so, I'm guessing maybe they know something we don't? I don't know...that's why I was asking.

Flatcoatluver
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
who's kandi, i don't remember that dog.

finn's mom
11-05-2005, 06:43 PM
who's kandi, i don't remember that dog.

I looked and refreshed my memory...a mini pinscher i think...for her parents.

Alysser
11-05-2005, 06:45 PM
From what Giselle said it sounded like she got rid of Sassy. Also, from what Love4Bcs posted.

finn's mom
11-05-2005, 06:45 PM
From what Giselle said it sounded like she got rid of Sassy. Also, from what Love4Bcs posted.

So, you were basing that heated post strictly on what you heard someone else say?

Giselle
11-05-2005, 07:06 PM
I remember you were complaining about her behavioral problems and how your parents threatened to give her away. I also remember how after receiving pages and pages upon pages of advice and even after one poster offered to take Sassy in, you immediately turned around and said everything was alright. It feels like you're just replacing Sassy... :confused:
Nope, I never said she got rid of Sassy. I said she complained about Sassy's behavioral problems, received advice, and turned right back around and said everything was okay. Then, I said it "feels like you're just replacing Sassy". I'm just paraphrasing everything I said before, and nowhere in my post does it mention the abandonment of Sassy. She was being *threatened* to give her away, but she never was....I hope. :confused:

Edit to add: From what she's posted, she still has Sassy and my concern right now if for Sassy's well-being. Has she been through a behaviorist yet? Is she still acting out?

Sassy_luvr
11-08-2005, 12:36 PM
OMG!!! NO, i didn't get rid of Sassy. Yes, we do have a Miniature Pinscher named Kandi that is my mom's dog. The dog that i MIGHT get is FREEEEEEEEEE cuz my cousins r breeding them. BTW never mind i already found a name 4 her IF i get her.......Angel.

beeniesmom
11-08-2005, 02:05 PM
That's a pretty name.
You must post photos when you bring her home.
Why is your cousin breeding dogs?

Suki Wingy
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
the root of the problem:(

.sarah
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
OMG!!! NO, i didn't get rid of Sassy. Yes, we do have a Miniature Pinscher named Kandi that is my mom's dog. The dog that i MIGHT get is FREEEEEEEEEE cuz my cousins r breeding them. BTW never mind i already found a name 4 her IF i get her.......Angel.
She's breeding a mixed breed? You should tell her not to do that, it's NOT a good idea. :mad:

Sassy_luvr
11-11-2005, 01:26 PM
:( :~( i didn't get 1 cuz they already gave them all away :( :~(

Jessika
11-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get one, but at least they GAVE them away and didn't sell them.. right?

Alysser
11-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Breeding mixes? That is not a good idea :(

CagneyDog
11-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Things happen for a reason!

Vela
11-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Oh, darn! At least this will give you more time to work with sassy!

pitc9
11-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Is your cousin a reputable breeder?
Was the littler an accident? If so I hope the dogs are spayed and neutered now?