PDA

View Full Version : Cat nightmares

catnapper
11-05-2005, 07:26 AM
I was sleeping so nicely last night -- Allen and Pouncer cuddled with each other on my right, Flutter sprawled out on my left. Ahhhh.... life can be good! Then I woke from an AWFUL nightmare. I dreamt Harry was somehwere (don't know where, it was dark) and all I knew was that his front paw was mangled, with a huge hole right at the "wrist".

OMG... It was so REAL. I SWORE it was a psychic premonition (don't ask me WHY I swore that, I'd never had one of those before... but thats how real it was!) I flew out of my room to check on Harry's favorite nocturnal spots...... and he wasn't at any of them.

OMG OMG... the more rooms and places I checked without seeing him only reinforced and confirmed my belief Harry was hurt and needing my help. I checked under beds, in closets, outside. NO HARRY! :eek: I double checked everywhere, still no Harry. By this time, I was FRANTIC and near tears. Oh, it was also 4:00 in the morning, and I was home alone, so nobody was home to help me search.

I left the bedroom to check in Angel's room again (who was by the way, screaming her head off the entire time: She wants OUT of her cage) and then walked back into my bedroom. A whole 20 seconds passed..... and there was Harry standing sleepily in the bedroom. I SWEAR this cat materializd out of thin air! :eek:

Good thing was, my boy was all in one piece, not even one hait out of place. I of course smothered him in kisses..... and he spent the rest of the night glued to my side.

How truly awful that was! It was SO REAL!

Soapets
11-05-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm so glad it turned out NOT to be real! How scary! I bet Harry was wondering what all the fuss was about!

Deb

kimlovescats
11-05-2005, 12:35 PM
You poor thing!!! Nightmares are the pits, and YES they seem far too real at times. I'm sorry you had to suffer through all of this, but at least the outcome was good. Hug that Harry a little more today for me too! ;)

((HUGS))
Kim

catmandu
11-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Once in a while Scrappy 2,will be sleeping,and will be swinging her paws back and forth,and clicking her teeth.
I wonder what part of her Porch life that she is recreating,what she is fighting or trying to catch.
She must have had a few traumas on the Porch,but shes all right now.

jenluckenbach
11-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I SWEAR this cat materializd out of thin air!

HARRY????? THIN air??? :confused: I don't think the 2 concepts go together. :rolleyes:

But I do know the panic feeling and I also know how a cat can suddenly BE somewhere that seconds ago it was NOT!

catnapper
11-05-2005, 06:53 PM
HARRY????? THIN air??? :confused: I don't think the 2 concepts go together. :rolleyes:

Hey there! Poor Harry resembles that remark! Besides, he's been s-l-o-w-l-y losing weight lately. He's not happy about his new diet, but he's also s-l-o-w-l-y beginning to realize I'm not starving him to death. :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
11-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Jen, hee hee, you're too funny. :D

Wow Kim, that must have been so scary for you. I'm glad it was just a nightmare and that Harry is okay.
Don't you hate that when you are trying to find them and then clear out of blue, they come out from werever they are, when THEY are ready and then look at you as if to say, "What's up?"