PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use monthly flea/tick preventative for their indoor cats?

tricollie4me
11-04-2005, 05:48 PM
With my three, I used Revolution on Bonnie in the spring (April), and then we used Frontline Feline on Levi and Charity in the summer (July), shortly after we adopted them. I'm not entirely sure why we used two different brands - it was what our vet recommended at the time and we purchased the meds right after their well-kitty visits.

I do know our vet suggested that with indoor cats, treating them for fleas/ticks just twice a year -- spring and fall -- would be sufficient. Bijou, our collie, gets treated monthly, of course.

So it's November now...I haven't treated the kitties yet for fall. What are your thoughts on giving indoor cats flea/tick preventative, and should I be doing it monthly versus twice a year? Finally -- do you have thoughts on Revolution versus Frontline Feline?

Thanks ever so much for your thoughts!

kimlovescats
11-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Yes, but like you, I don't have to do it monthly! I used Advantage most of the time ... but this last time I splurged and bought Revolution ... does mites, fleas, worms and all. ;)

catmandu
11-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Revolution does the trick here.I needed some as Angels brought a few uninvited guests in with him.
It does the trick,and now the Cats are flealess again.

Uabassoon
11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I've never heard of people using that for their indoor cats! My vet has never suggested it, but maybe it's just because Az doesn't have a big flea problem.

wolflady
11-04-2005, 07:02 PM
I never used to, but the last time I took my kitties to the vet for their annuals, it turns out that they had tapeworms...and I didn't even know! :eek:

I asked the vet how this could be, since none of my cats go outside, and he said that my dog probably brought a flea or mosquito in that in turn affected the cats. *sigh*

So, now I've started putting advantage on my kitties along with a dose of Drontal for the worms.

**hugs**