PDA

View Full Version : Have you...

Roxyluvsme13
11-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Have you ever tried anything thats made for dogs? (such as food, treats, etc) I have :o I ate a beggin strip when I was 7...Surprisingly it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be :rolleyes: Just wondering if anybody else has ate anything like this?

Jessika
11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Ehh... but of course. I think everyone as kids went through that phase.. I think I'd even eaten canned dog or cat food before. Not like the whole thing but licked it off the fork after feeding it to our animals :D I know while working at PetCo a co-worker used to eat dog treats off the dog bar LOL

CagneyDog
11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't feed Cagney anything that I wouldn't eat. If I wont eat it, he shouldn't be.

-edit- and by that I don't mean he eats human food, we just don't feed him cheap dog snacks etc, he also is on the barf diet now.

Roxyluvsme13
11-04-2005, 05:06 PM
I tried a greenie the other day...I was just curious to see what they actually tasted like...My mom yelled at me and says Briana dont eat that!!!! I just licked it... :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
11-04-2005, 05:28 PM
i HAVN'T TRIED DOG OR CAT STUFF. i ATE A SLUG AND WORM BEFORE THOGUH

Vette
11-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Yes. when i was little my brother cought me eating dog food out of the bag. :o
i dont remember how it tasted.. and im sure not going to try it again. LOL

but i think some kids eat stuff like that because they are lacking salt,, or iron or something.

i also remeber pouring salt into the palm of my hand and licking it up. :confused:
so maybe im just weird...LOL

cali
11-04-2005, 05:34 PM
I eat dog treats all the time lol my dogs look at me funny as I sit at the kitchen counter muching on their cookies :o they are not bad, most taste like beef boullian

Flatcoatluver
11-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I eat dog treats all the time lol my dogs look at me funny as I sit at the kitchen counter muching on their cookies :o they are not bad, most taste like beef boullian
lol..... poor dogs!!!

Roxyluvsme13
11-04-2005, 05:36 PM
i also remeber pouring salt into the palm of my hand and licking it up. :confused:
so maybe im just weird...LOL
I did that before, too :o

Roxyluvsme13
11-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Lol!

k9krazee
11-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Yup, I'm guilty...most aren't really that tasty...just extremely dry and bland.

binka_nugget
11-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Yep. I get curious sometimes and I only feed stuff that's fit for human consumption anyways.. so why not? :p Some of it isn't that bad! LOL

beeniesmom
11-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I tried a greenie the other day...I was just curious to see what they actually tasted like...My mom yelled at me and says Briana dont eat that!!!! I just licked it... :rolleyes:

hehehe, I've done the same. It didn't taste bad. Very hard.

Roxyluvsme13
11-04-2005, 06:22 PM
hehehe, I've done the same. It didn't taste bad. Very hard.
Yeah...Lol Beggin Strips (Roxy's fave:)) Really arent that bad :o :rolleyes: Try one sometime :D

sammy101
11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
When i was little i used to eat Milkbones... :o lol. I've tried a Beggin Strip too. lol

.sarah
11-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Erm ... no, thanks. Never was appealing to me.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I haven't personally and probably never will, but when I was much younger I got my brother to try and eat a dog cookie...lol

Roxyluvsme13
11-04-2005, 07:27 PM
When i was little i used to eat Milkbones... :o lol. I've tried a Beggin Strip too. lol
LOL! How do Milkbones taste? :D ;)

sammy101
11-04-2005, 07:43 PM
LOL! How do Milkbones taste? :D ;)

Well i was like 5,but from what i can remember they werent that good :eek: :o

elizabethann
11-04-2005, 08:32 PM
What a funny thread. My Mom made my Father a sandwich for lunch once but she opened up cat food instead of tuna fish. He said he ate it thinking the tuna tasted a little strange.

Heeheehee.

jackie
11-04-2005, 08:41 PM
When I was very young I remember my mom catching me and my cousin eating dry cat kibble and her shouting at us. For years my aunts and uncles teased us and said they had to hide the cat food when we come over. :o

Alysser
11-04-2005, 10:10 PM
YES! I ate a chicken goodie before. It actually tasted like chicken, But my dog started crying and barking becuase I was eatig HER goodies. But I continued to eat it. Also, I bought those scooby doo things thinking they were for people lol. YES I ATE THEM. But they were really really tasty. lol :rolleyes:

areias
11-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Hehe, I love the way certain dog foods smell. Beneful smells delicious. But I've never tried it...I've tried Milkbones, didn't like em very much. But I did try the Canine Carry Outs, both chicken and the beef cube, and they were pretty good....

.sarah
11-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Hehe, I love the way certain dog foods smell. Beneful smells delicious. But I've never tried it...I've tried Milkbones, didn't like em very much. But I did try the Canine Carry Outs, both chicken and the beef cube, and they were pretty good....
I love the way dog food smells too, but I think it's a comfort smell or something, because it doesn't make me want to eat it.

chrissycat21
11-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I've never tried dog treats, but I remember once when I was little a couple people who worked at a petstore were all sitting around eating the treats.

I've tried a lick of a horse mineral block. :o I was with my friend who has a horse and she made me try it. It was just really salty.

anna_66
11-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Yep, add me to the list:o

Didn't do it as a child, but an adult. I've gotten them home made yummies with chocolate carob drizzles or dipped ones, they are actually very tasty. Just not as sweet as the human stuff.

wolf_Q
11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
The cookies on the Petco pet bar are good I swear. Especially the two sided ones with cream in the middle. They taste just like a regular cookie...I've read the ingredients, nothing gross in them.

I tried a regular milkbone type treat once, and it tasted really bland. Other than that that's all I've tried....never tried any meat flavored treats eww.

Flatcoatluver
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I love the way dog food smells too, but I think it's a comfort smell or something, because it doesn't make me want to eat it.
eww i hate the smell of dog food and cat food.

dogzr#1
11-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I am guilty too. :o I have eaten some dry dog kibble before. It doesn't really taste like anything. I also have tried the beggin strips. They didn't really taste like bacon to me, they only smelled like it. I also had these little sausages that are really made for dogs. They tasted just like hot dog weenies. My brother and I would just sit there munching on them :o

Jessika
11-05-2005, 02:50 PM
The cookies on the Petco pet bar are good I swear. Especially the two sided ones with cream in the middle. They taste just like a regular cookie...I've read the ingredients, nothing gross in them.

I tried a regular milkbone type treat once, and it tasted really bland. Other than that that's all I've tried....never tried any meat flavored treats eww.

HAVE YOU TRIED THE CAROB CHIP ONES???? :o

And yeah kids (and co-workers...) would eat those cream center cookies all the time LOL