lizbud
11-04-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't really like the idea of designer dogs, but must admit, this little
one is so cute. :)

http://www.theindychannel.com/family/5251706/detail.html

animal_rescue
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Aww, it's got precious moment eyes!
But the designer dogs really need to stop, there are already puggles in the pound that need homes!

CagneyDog
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
UGH. :mad:

They mentioned these dogs on the radio today. I was going to call in and say something. They said that all dog lovers would be excited with this new "breed" and they advertised the fact that they would be in petstores in time for xmas :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
11-04-2005, 04:18 PM
:mad: People need to stop breeding thease dogs, why pay that much when you can adopt a dog in a humane society that is already neutered and shot at etc.??????

GoldenRetrLuver
11-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Ugh. :(

Toby's my baby
11-04-2005, 04:42 PM
UGH! I saw this on the new this morning and I got so mad! I was freaking out about it and my sister asked me what was wrong and all I could do was point at the TV.
I have to admit though, they are cute

Ginger's Mom
11-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Puggles have been popular around here for about a year and a half now. As I am sure everyone knows, there is much more variance in the way they look than pure breeds. I mention this because the first (and most popular I guess) ones to show up around here look like little mastiff puppies (the guy in that picture seems to have more of a beagle shaped head). Oh they are sooo cute. The first one I met I thought was just an "oops" puppy, but then I started seeing a new one almost every month. :( They are cute, but as has already been said many times, the shelters are full of cute puppies.

Jessika
11-04-2005, 05:57 PM
This is so ridiculous!!!!! ARGH!!! I heard with breeds like Pugs if you aren't careful their eye can fall out of the socket, and that's what it looks like with these guys! :(

Roxyluvsme13
11-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Thats so sad...they are cute, but if you want a cross, go to the shelter... :mad:

Giselle
11-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Thats so sad...they are cute, but if you want a cross, go to the shelter... :mad:
If you want a companion pet, go to the shelter. Period. I apologize if that seems a bit direct, but I sincerely believe that if the only purpose you want a dog is for companionship, GO TO THE SHELTER! However, if you've researched all shelter options and have still not found the perfect dog, then by all means go find a reputable breeder. I may be the oddball here, but, to me, there is NOTHING appealing about these dogs. I just believe adult dogs are much more beautiful than puppies ;)

elizabethann
11-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Gosh, when I opened it, I said "that looks like a puggle" and sure enough it was. There was one at the dog park once. It was very cute & friendly.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-04-2005, 08:22 PM
They're kind of cute in their own way but I MUCH prefer purebred Beagles and Pugs of Puggles. In my opinion, there's absolutely no need at all for these designer mutts.

lol...Sophie, I also prefer adult dogs over pups.