PDA

View Full Version : two more days

davidpizzica
11-04-2005, 03:23 PM
In two days I'll be officially laid off. I prefer to call it "semi- retirement" I'll be collecting unemployment and will be off for about three months. More time on PT! This is a yearly layoff and it's not a surprise.

Jessika
11-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Is your job a seasonal job-type thing?? LOL

My fiancée works in theatre for special effects and the theatre closes twice a year -- two months for Christmas and one month in summer. So during that time they get "laid off", collect unemployment, but get re-hired again when the theatre reopens. Is your job like this?

davidpizzica
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Is your job a seasonal job-type thing?? LOL

My fiancée works in theatre for special effects and the theatre closes twice a year -- two months for Christmas and one month in summer. So during that time they get "laid off", collect unemployment, but get re-hired again when the theatre reopens. Is your job like this?
I'm a golf course groundskeeper and there isn't that much to do during the winter so they lay some people off.

Corinna
11-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey David alteast yours didn't pull what mine did this year I have to find a new job . He filed that no one was going back in my store .Hired a 24yr old twit that is book learned manager and she wants all new staff. Thats ok I'll find something I can walk to now. a few hours each week all year instead of killing my self full time for 4 months. Un grateful bunch up there.