PDA

View Full Version : Dog/Bird=Best Friends

petslover
11-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Last night, I had Beaker on my arm and he was just sitting there. Well CoCo came up and just stared with amazement at Beaker lol.. Then of all things, he started licking him. He licked him for I bet 3 minutes lol and Beaker just sat there looking at him. Then when CoCo quit, Beaker followed CoCo LOL!!

I think CoCo has a new best friend. :D

I watched him very closely to make sure he wouldn't do anything to hurt the bird, but he was so easy with it. I thought it was just too cute.

I don't think I could get any of the other dogs to do that. CoCo just has a love for small animals. Even when I had Stewart and Oreo (my rats) he would just watch them for hours.

CoCo is just a precious little boy!

Jadapit
11-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh, how sweet. I bet that was a great thing to see. :)

k9krazee
11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Awww!! And we don't get pictures :eek: ;) Its sounds like CoCo will have a friend for life!!

king2005
11-04-2005, 05:37 PM
My old guy was the same. He was very gentle with anything smaller then him. He once caught a bird in the chicken wire. Spit it onto the ground, licked it a few times & watched it fly away. He LOVED his little birds.. he would lay on the step & guard his bird feeder from ANY black bird :)

chocolatepuppy
11-04-2005, 05:41 PM
It's amazing sometimes how well different pets can get along. Glad to hear yours are getting along so well! :)

Ginger's Mom
11-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Aww, that is so cute. It is true some dogs just have this sweet gentle nature with smaller creatures. You and Beaker, are very lucky. :)