PDA

View Full Version : Neurology visit (Frankie)

beeniesmom
11-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Here is the report:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/beeniesmom/FRANKIE/frankie.jpg

He also said he thinks that one side of Frankies brain is more developed than the other. It may catch up when he grows older.

For now, we will just watch him and see if anything else developes.

The electric facial thing and MRI would cost us $2,500.00.
We don't have that kind of money to spend so we will probably never know.
:(

The Dr. reassured us that if Frankie were his, he wouldn't worry about it as long as he was acting like a normal puppy, eating, drinking playing etc...

He seriously doubted it to be a brain tumour because he is too young.

That facility was heartbreaking because there were so many dogs with cancer getting treatments.... so sad.

My husband and I were humbled. We really felt lucky.

Karen
11-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Maybe Frankie is just "left-tongued" like we're left or right handed, it's all just part of him being who he is. I am glad nothing neurologically wrong was found, and hope he continues to be the sweet, goofy boy he always is for a long time to come.

lv4dogs
11-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Thats great news that they don't think that it is anything major. I hope he's right & Frankie continues to have a long, happy, healthy life!

Maybe Karen is right, he's a leftie! lmao!

pitc9
11-04-2005, 09:02 AM
LOL Karen!!! A leftie!!

Well, I think it's good news. Yeah you didn't get 100% answers... but in my opinion I think you should have gotten piece of mind from what the vet said.

PJ's Mom
11-04-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm so happy to hear that news. Even if you really didn't get an answer, you should feel a little better knowing they didn't find anything seriously wrong with him.

I think about little Frankie every day. Please give him hugs from me. :)

JenBKR
11-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Sounds like great news! Hopefully he is just a 'lefty.' It would be hard seeing all of those other dogs in the facility :( Lucky Frankie though :)

anna_66
11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Good to hear the vet thinks it's nothing to be worried about. Dog have their little quirks...maybe the tongue thing is Frankies;)

finn's mom
11-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Aw, Carmen, I'm so glad that you got to see the neurologist, though. That's incredible that the doctor told you how he'd handle it were Frankie his puppy. Let's just all keep our fingers crossed that little man keeps acting like a normal puppy, in all the places that matter! Thanks so much for the update!

new mom to a veiled
11-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Oh I so glad it's nothing major.......I hope you all feel a little better.

Ginger's Mom
11-04-2005, 10:10 AM
I am glad to see that they don't think that it is anything major. Big Hugs to Frankie and you. Hope you are feeling better about it now.

Lobodeb
11-04-2005, 10:48 AM
What a relief that they didn't find anything. IMO, it seems as if the tongue thing is just one more special trait that makes Frankie that much more unique.

gemini9961
11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Carmen, I am so happy to hear that it's not something worse than Frankie just being a "lefty". :D The vet is right as long as he is acting normally, eating and drinking and just being a pup, he should be fine. Sorry you had to go to the facility though and see all the sadness. :(

Jadapit
11-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh, I'm so glad they dont think its anything major. How sad about all the dogs with cancer. :( That would be such a hard thing to deal with.

beeniesmom
11-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks everyone... yeah maybe he's a lefty.
I really don't care if it's a quirk. He can keep it!
I just want him to be a healthy lil man.
I feel better and that doctor really gave me a good feeling.
I now have piece of mind. :)

Daisy and Delilah
11-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Carmen, I think we all know how difficult this has been for you to go through. Thanks for the update and I'm so glad to hear the report is encouraging. Please give Frankie and Beenie lots of extra kisses from us :D