PDA

View Full Version : A strange thing happened on my way to CT...

moosmom
11-04-2005, 07:27 AM
While I was on my way home to CT, it happened again. What you ask??? As I was driving with my windows closed (it was cool out) I could smell the aroma of a cigar. You might think this is weird, because I don't smoke and neither do my cats.

Ever since my Dad passed away (he smoked cigars) 8 years ago, I SWEAR his spirit makes his presence known by the smell of a cigar. It first started right after he died (he was found dead in his apartment). I woke up one night out of a sound sleep to the smell of a cigar in my bedroom. No one in my apartment building smoked. It happened again in Michigan and then when I moved back to CT.

Any thoughts on this???

Yes, I HAVE been taking my medication on a regular basis and no, I have not been hitting the bottle. :p :p

catnapper
11-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Wow Donna, I beieve that.... there are so many people who experience the same thing. I used to be sitting somewhere and all of the sudden I'd smell roses.... it could be the dead of winter in my home and whooosh, the strong scent of fresh roses filled the room. It was gone almost as soon as it appeared. I haven't had that in years now, but it was odd and gave me comfort feeling as if someone was watching over me and checking up on me. I only wish I knew "who" it was... I can't remember anyone who wore rose perfume.

moosmom
11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
It doesn't necessarily have to be rose perfume. It could be someone who loved roses, had a rose garden, etc.

The cigar smell made me smile and gave me comfort in knowing my Dad was along for the ride home.

ramanth
11-04-2005, 07:50 AM
I believe he was riding back with you to CT. He's encouraging you and looking out for you. :) *HUGS*

Pawsitive Thinking
11-04-2005, 08:07 AM
How lovely of your Dad to let you know he was around

furrykidsmother
11-04-2005, 08:47 AM
I think that is wonderful, he is with you. I have had similar experiences and I do believe that the people that have gone before us still watch over us.

lizbud
11-04-2005, 10:21 AM
My Grandfather used to sit on his porch & smoke his pipe.I always loved
to sit near him. Every time I smell the aroma of pipe smoke it reminds of
those times long ago. It gives me the most calm & peaceful feeling. Like all
is right with the world. :)

kuhio98
11-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Any thoughts on this???
Yes, I HAVE been taking my medication on a regular basis and no, I have not been hitting the bottle. :p :p

Well, count me as one that believes your Daddy is making his presence known. Of course he would. He wants his girl to know that he's always around watching over her and taking an interest in her life. If it happens again, why not talk to him? (Chances are you'll be alone, so who will know?) :D I talk to Kuhio all the time. Every now and then I feel a cat jump up on the bed. I know it's her because it only happens when I'm away from home (there are no other kitties around). So, I talk to her and tell her how much I love and miss her. Once I swear I felt her touch noses with me. That was always our special sign. So, talk to your Dad. I think it's sweet ~ not crazy at all.

dukedogsmom
11-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Avout the roses: it doesn't even have to have anything to do with them. I've learned that from watching all my shows. It's just one of the scents passed on people have. In reference to the cigar smell, I think your dad just wanted to reassure you. Maybe he knew all the doubts you were having.

moosmom
11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
If it happens again, why not talk to him? (Chances are you'll be alone, so who will know?) I talk to Kuhio all the time. Every now and then I feel a cat jump up on the bed. I know it's her because it only happens when I'm away from home (there are no other kitties around). So, I talk to her and tell her how much I love and miss her. Once I swear I felt her touch noses with me. That was always our special sign. So, talk to your Dad. I think it's sweet ~ not crazy at all

I talk to him all the time!! And it's funny you should mention your connection to Kuhio, because I also get those feelings that a cat has jumped up on the bed. I always look to see if it's one the kits and it usually isn't. I know it's my Casey "Bubba Dude". I talk to him too!

.powerful
11-04-2005, 11:32 AM
I believe that kind of stuff happens. In a way its very reassuring, you know they're okay.

pitc9
11-04-2005, 01:05 PM
How wonderful!!
It must be great to know that's he's close by! :D

Anita Cholaine
11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I believe in this kind of things. How wonderful to know that your dad is still with you!:)

moosmom
11-06-2005, 11:38 AM
I also forgot to mention that I saw a rainbow while driving through PA on the way home!! Good luck and my Dad along for the ride. Couldn't get any better than that!