PDA

View Full Version : Man Kills Deer With Bare Hands

areias
11-04-2005, 04:44 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Deerly Departed (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_fe_st/deerly_departed)

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - For 40 exhausting minutes, Wayne Goldsberry battled a buck with his bare hands in his daughter's bedroom.

Goldsberry finally subdued the five-point whitetail deer that crashed through a bedroom window at his daughter's home Friday. When it was over, blood splattered the walls and the deer lay dead on the bedroom floor, its neck broken.

Goldsberry was at his daughter's home when he heard glass breaking. He went back to check on the noise and found the deer.

"I was standing about like this peeking around the corner when the deer came out of the bedroom," said Goldsberry. The deer ran down the hall and into the master bedroom — "jumping back and forth across the bed."

Goldsberry, about 6-feet-1 and 200 pounds, entered the bedroom to confront the deer and, after a brief struggle, emerged to tell his wife to call police. After returning to the bedroom, the fight continued. Goldsberry finally was able to grip the animal and twist its neck, killing it.

Goldsberry, sore from the struggle, dragged the dead animal out of the house.

"He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for a while," Deputy Doug Gay said.

At this time of year, a buck that sees its reflection in a window often charges, believing it is fighting off a rival, Gay said.

Goldsberry had the deer butchered.

"He's in the freezer," the man said before walking to the kitchen and showing off pounds of freshly wrapped venison.

--------------------------------------
Wow....I still don't see how someone can twist a deer's neck to break it. I'd be grabbing a butchers knife....

jackie
11-04-2005, 06:04 AM
I cannot decide if that man is incredibly lucky or incredibly stupid. That buck could have killed him in an instant. :eek:

senorita02
11-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Why would this guy intentionally go after a deer with his bare hands? Wouldnt you(well at least i would think) close the bedroom door and call the police or animal service to come to the house and get the deer out? I dont see why he had to go killing it??

Jessika
11-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Why would this guy intentionally go after a deer with his bare hands? Wouldnt you(well at least i would think) close the bedroom door and call the police or animal service to come to the house and get the deer out? I dont see why he had to go killing it??

When you're in that type of situation, adrenaline does funny things to your rational thought. In fact, it goes out the window for most people :D

That man is INCREDIBLY lucky, though, not to have had any worse injuries than he had! :o WOW

Corinna
11-04-2005, 03:31 PM
It doesn't surprize me at all we hear about this kind of thing couple times a season . Deer can be so stupid (not to mention men with buck fever) My daughter had the latest visit from the big wild kitty that lives out on the hill above her cabin. She also got the crap startled out yeasterday Morning as she went to the car for work 2 big bucks ran from her barn across her path to the car shed. She wasn't really awake yet, almost spilled her cocoa. than God the bears are now Hibernating . She has to learn to LOOK around her.

RICHARD
11-04-2005, 03:32 PM
I dont see why he had to go killing it??

"He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for a while," Deputy Doug Gay said.

Trust me, getting "kicked serveral times" makes a man get real ugly.

Alysser
11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
He just probably got very scared and didn't know what to do. He's VERY lucky though that deer could have KILLED him.

dukedogsmom
11-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Again, animals are punished for man moving even more onto their land.

senorita02
11-11-2005, 12:50 PM
i agree dukes mom :D

tikeyas_mom
11-14-2005, 01:39 AM

he obviously panicked..
could you imagine the noises coming from that room!!! ??? :eek:

tz1
11-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Damn shame that the deer had to die. I would've probably just closed the door and called 911...but I guess he freaked or something :confused:

clarebear
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM
I do understand where you guys are coming from but its not everyday when a deer is in your room

CountryWolf07
11-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I do understand where you guys are coming from but its not everyday when a deer is in your room

Ditto.

JenBKR
11-21-2005, 02:09 PM

I agree. It's really hard to say what you would do in a situation until you are actually in it :)

clarebear
11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks, I think I would freak out and throw something at it but only if it was attacking me

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 02:16 PM
i would probally close the door because i wouldn't dare go to a deer. But yeah imagine going to your room about to go to sleep and you find a deer in you bed lol. :eek: