PDA

View Full Version : Shadows surgery...updated

k9krazee
11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Yup, the vet thought that surgery would still be the best option for Shadows infected toenail, it is scheduled for Monday. She is going to have that one toenail completely removed. We thought it was getting better, the redness went away but it just wasn't healing on its own :( Please keep Shadow in your thoughts, it is a pretty easy operation but she is getting older and I don't want anything to happen to my Shabadow dawg. I will keep you guys updated as it gets closer to operation time. :(

Jessika
11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Awww poor girl! :( But don't worry I'm sure she'll be just fine adn come through it like a trooper!!

.sarah
11-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Poor doggie :( I hope the surgery goes well! I wouldn't stress out much, though. We see lots of old doggies come in for surgery and they do just fine!

Ginger's Mom
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Good thoughts going out for Shadow.

chocolatepuppy
11-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed Shadows way.

k9krazee
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Shadow had her surgery today and I get to pick her up in a half hour!! I haven't heard a thing about it, hopefully it all went well!

lv4dogs
11-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Good luck! Wishing only the best for Shadow!

k9krazee
11-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, shes home!!! She was let out of the pen and she bolted for the door and then straight to the car, she had a hard time getting out of the car because of the leather seats :( and hobbled her way to her bed in my parents room. Poor girl :( Its all wrapped up and we are supposed to remove the bandage tomorrow, and shes pretty groggy and sore :( But other than that they said it all went very well and her blood results were normal. I'm so glad shes home, the other Hoodlums missed her too and are being a huge pain because we locked them out of her room. Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts :)

petslover
11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I will put Shadow in my thoughts. He looks like a tough lil boy. He'll be okay! *hugs*

Ginger's Mom
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear that Shadow is home and recovering. I hope she is feeling better soon, and that the other guys give her a break for a couple of days. ;) Hugs to Shadow.

KYS
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Glad she is home, and wishing her a speedy recovery
from surgery.

tatsxxx11
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
So happy to hear the encouraging update! Hugs to you Shadow!!! Get well soon, sweetheart!:)

Sandra~

anna_66
11-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Sorry I didn't see this before but I'm glad the surgery went well and she's at home recovering:)

k9krazee
11-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys! She is doing a whole lot better, we took off her bandage after 24 hours and it really doesn't look as bad as we expected! The vet did have to amputate most of her toe though because it was too infected. :( We put a sock on her because she was constantly wanting to lick it and the vet didn't want to give us an E collar :rolleyes: But she has actually been out of her room a lot more and making trips upstairs to eat and get her meds or just to hang out!!

lizbud
11-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope that toe heals up quickly.
Get well soon Shadow. :)

poofy
11-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Im so glad it went well , poor thing..what they go thur..good thought for him :D

clarebear
11-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Poor thing!, I hate it when they have to be away and I always wonder what they are thinking "Mommy doesnt love me anymore" or "Will I see my home again".

I am thinking about that now as Sophie will go into surgery in 9 days to clean her teeth and maybe having one or two back teeth taken out.

It breaks my heart but she will get over it and probably wont speak to us for weeks to come :p

k9krazee
11-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Well, we had to take her back in today :( We've kept a sock on her foot but last night and this morning she decided to chew it off and it started bleeding. The vet said it looked a bit raw and he rewrapped it up and wanted the bandage to stay on for 4 more days...well she chewed it off again when we weren't looking :rolleyes: They gave us an E collar but she freaks out and was going nutso so we have just decided to keep her on a leash near us at all times so she can't mess with it...*sigh*

pitc9
11-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Oh No! :(
Poor thing!
Maybe you could put a sock back on it and spray the sock with Apple Bitter.
Poor Poor baby.....
I hope it heals up fast!!