PDA

View Full Version : Helping Out During the Holidays! Challenge!

petslover
11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Hey everyone!
I know every year around the holidays there are people, animals, etc in need. There are elderly at nursing homes, children at foster homes, animals in shelters, homeless people who never get to spend the holidays with a family. Well, I just going to see if anyone wanted to sign up to do a good deed for the holidays. It can be as simple as walking dogs at the shelter, picking up the community, adopting a elderly person, or anything you would like. I think Christmas time is a time to help out the ones in and need and let them forget about their troubles for at least a day.

I made this thread because I know I am always the ones who says I am going to help out this year in need and I have good thoughts, but I never actually come together and get them done.

In this thread, In the month of December it is insisted that you do two big things to help the community, a person, or a pet in need. This thread we can share stories of what we done, share pictures, and tell how it made us feel so good deep inside. It would be a really good thing to take pictures since I know how much Pet Talk loves pictures.

Chocolate Puppy
Petslover

moosmom
11-03-2005, 04:09 PM
I try to do a good deed at least once a week, if not more often. Yesterday a gentleman on crutches was pushing a grocery cart to his car. I offered to help him and he gladly said yes. It made me feel good.

Holidays are a very difficult time for alot of people, including myself. I'd like to offer my assistance to anyone who might need it this holiday season.

My cousins always invite someone from a shelter to celebrate Christmas dinner with us.

chocolatepuppy
11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Funny you brought this up Tia! I just finalized plans for my place of employment to donate items to the shelter I got Lacey and Mandy from! It will be held the first full week of December. And I'm in charge! I'm so excited and hopeful about this! ... We are also collecting canned goods for the local food bank. ... What a good feeling you get from helping out! Great thread. :D

petslover
11-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah. I try to do a good deed every chance I get. It makes me feel really good to do one, but around Christmas I have always wanted to go to the nursing home with the lonely elderly person with no family and spend time with them and maybe buy them a gift or something. and then I want to do something else too, but I'm not totally sure what I am going to do yet.

So are you two signed up? :D

chocolatepuppy
11-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Consider me signed up! :D

petslover
11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Great! I signed ya up! :D

petslover
11-04-2005, 06:59 AM
*bump* I know their are more people wanting to help out this Christmas! ;)