PDA

View Full Version : Aidan/Nug's New Furniture

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2005, 11:02 AM
The crib is available now and will ship out tomorrow, but the changer and chest are on backorder until November 24th. They will be available for pick-up within a week after that.

Here's what we got - all in the antique white finish:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/sskkm060504/Baby/crib.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/sskkm060504/Baby/chest.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/sskkm060504/Baby/changer.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the changer and the chest. The crib I like - not as much as another one in the catalog - but it's not bad. My mom bought blue wicker baskets to put in the changer just like in the picture... I can't wait until it's all here and set up! I wish it were coming all together but at the same time, at least Josh will have time to put up the crib and then have a little break before dealing with putting the chest and changer together! AND the chest and changer will come a week after the baby party so hopefully once they're up, we'll be all ready for the baby!!

:D

finn's mom
11-03-2005, 11:11 AM
It's all beautiful! I love using baskets like that, can't wait to see it all put together and ready for Aidan! :) I'm getting excited FOR you, and, I hardly know you guys!!! When is his due date, anyway?

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Me too. I'd eventually like to get the bookcase for him as well but that can wait. Little punk won't be reading for awhile and I don't want it to get dinged up or overgrown with toys.

The OBGYN's due date is 12/28. Mine is 12/25, but I've been doing some reading lately and with the two-vessel cord issue we have 25% of women have early labor (36-38 weeks instead of 40) so basically once December hits, it's a crap shoot.

Cataholic
11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
BEEEEEEEUTIFULL!!! Jonah is moving on in! :D

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks! The crib converts to a toddler bed and then to a full-sized bed so I figure that oughta keep ol' Nug pretty content. I would've loved to have been a 5 year old in a full-size bed!

prechrswife
11-03-2005, 12:47 PM
I love the furniture! I'll say a little prayer that yours doesn't have any sinking ship issues. ;) :D I didn't realize that Nug is supposed to be a Christmas baby. What a great present! :)

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks! :)

Well, I figure this - the crib and mattress are available now and will ship out tomorrow. We should have it within the week. No problem there.

The changer and chest aren't available until the end of November BUT someone bought the changer/bassinet/playard off our registry so I know I'll have *some* sort of changing table/area even if there is an issue with the actual changer being shipped in time. So I'm not overly worried. The crib is the priority and we'll have that by this time next week!!

pitc9
11-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Looks Great!
I can't wait to see it all set up in the room!!

prechrswife
11-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks! :)

Well, I figure this - the crib and mattress are available now and will ship out tomorrow. We should have it within the week. No problem there.

The changer and chest aren't available until the end of November BUT someone bought the changer/bassinet/playard off our registry so I know I'll have *some* sort of changing table/area even if there is an issue with the actual changer being shipped in time. So I'm not overly worried. The crib is the priority and we'll have that by this time next week!!

True. At least you are getting the crib first. I was beginning to be afraid that Mary Joyce was going to have to sleep on the changing table. :p

Jadapit
11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh, I love all the furniture. It's beautiful. Isn't baby shopping so much fun? :D

NoahsMommy
11-03-2005, 07:33 PM
LOVE the furnature!! I too can't wait to see it all set up. :)

Can't wait for sweet Aidan to arrive!!

Samantha Puppy
11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Me either! I called to check on something with the order this evening and apparently, ALL pieces will be ready to pick up from the nearest JC Penneys on Tuesday and not just the crib and mattress! I told Josh that that gives us a week and a half to get all 3 pieces put together so that if we get any baby clothes at the party on the 19th, we'll have a place to put them! I can't wait!

Even if the changer and chest don't come in until the end of the month, it's really not a big deal. The crib is the most important thing and that's DEFINITELY in stock and ready to be shipped out. Woo hoo!

caseysmom
11-03-2005, 08:48 PM
The one thing that saved me when the kids were babies was the swing....I would have never been bathed without the swing, I would set it up outside the shower...or have to wait till hubby got home from work.

sirrahbed
11-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Fantastic!! I love the furniture and especially the baskets which will make everything easy to find and use. Aidan will have such a wonderful nursery! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
11-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Will Aidan have his own little nursery? Can see the sign on the door already "Aidan's Room".....

Thank you for sharing such an exciting and personal time with us all at PT

Cataholic
11-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Just a thought, and of course, everyone is different, but, Jonah slept in a bassinet for several months before moving to the crib. I didn't really realize how I would have felt about him sleeping in a crib, a room away from me, until I had him. So, on the way home from the hospital, we stopped to buy a bassinett. Just something to keep in mind. They are soooo little, the crib is sooooo big, and far away in a whole nother room....

Samantha Puppy
11-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Will Aidan have his own little nursery? Can see the sign on the door already "Aidan's Room".....
Yes, he has his own room. It's just across the hallway from us so he'll have his own room but still be within 15 steps away at all times. :)