11-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I am a dog breeder
I breed dogs
Not cats
Not mice
Not Rabbits
Dogs

I am a dog breeder
I am not a pet store. I can not guarantee having a puppy of a specific color or sex available on demand.
Those puppies that I tell you I have available, are what I have. Just because you decide today that you want a puppy, doesn’t mean that I have one available for you to take home today.

I am a dog breeder
I am not a traveling salesman, I will not bring a selection of puppies to your home for you to look over. If I have puppies available, then you may make an appointment to come and view them. All puppies I say are not available, are not available. The age and availability dates that I give you are NOT negotiable; I will not sell a puppy before I feel that it is ready to go to its new home.

I am a dog breeder
I am not a bargain basement clearance store, if you are looking for a puppy at a bargain rate, keep looking, you will not find it here. Every puppy that I have is raised with all the loving attention that I can give it, I have spent many hours feeding, watering, cleaning up after, loving and worrying over each and every one.

I am a dog breeder
I spend hours on the phone, the internet and in person answering the same questions of each perspective buyer. I answer the same questions time after time, remembering that each person inquiring needs to be educated about my breed. I answer the questions and do my best to tolerate the rude behavior of buyers who are upset that they can’t get what they want when they want it.

I am a dog breeder
I spend countless hours learning more about how to raise puppies better and more about my specific breed. I spend enormous amounts of money at the vets and buying food and dog related supplies. If you broke down what I bring in on each puppy as “profit,” I would be making pennies per hour.

I am a dog breeder
I spend a lot of money and many hours preparing for traveling to and attending dog shows. And I am thrilled to bring home a two dollar rosette. I enjoy the camaraderie of other breeders and admire their dogs even when their dog beats mine.

I am a dog breeder and I LOVE my dogs.

vinjashira
11-03-2005, 04:10 AM
we know you are Kara :)

areias
11-03-2005, 04:24 AM
I like that a lot. And it really needed to be said, especially with all of the heated topics floating around here. Kudos to you. :D

Cookiebaker
11-03-2005, 06:50 AM
And your dogs are absolutely a testimony to your hard work and research!!! :)

LuvGold00
11-03-2005, 07:59 AM
I like that a lot. And it really needed to be said, especially with all of the heated topics floating around here. Kudos to you.

Exactly why I posted it... :D

.sarah
11-03-2005, 08:07 AM
That's really great! Definetly the definition of "responsible & reputable!" Thanks for posting :)

Flatcoatluver
11-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Thats awsome thanks for posting!!!

poofy
11-03-2005, 09:53 AM
All your dogs are show dogs.. :D I can see that it would be a lot of work and yet fun for you..but is it hard to find the right homes and do you make them sign an agreement if they arent going to show to have them nutered or spayed? :D

anna_66
11-03-2005, 10:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/thumbsup2.gifGlad you posted this. People just don't take the time to realize what and all goes into breeding to better the breed not just to have cute little puppies.

I for one could never breed. Like with your recent litter, loosing 4 of them...don't think I could handle it.
My hats off to you!

Suki Wingy
11-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Thank god you posted this. I don't understand why it doesn't just get through some peoples' heads!
BTW, I have not been able to get on my home computer to send you the new ad, but it is done and I should be able to tonight.

lv4dogs
11-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Thank you for posting this! Even if justone person learns from this it is worth it.

Flatcoatluver
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
What makes me sick to my stomach, is alot of people think there dog is a purebred then that is a "good enough to breed"

lute
11-03-2005, 05:31 PM
BRAVO!!! that is wonderful! i wish everyone that "bred dogs" looked at it from this point!

cyber-sibes
11-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Kudos to you! Your dogs are so beautiful, they reflect all the love you put into them! Sherman's breeders are like you - they do this from love for the breed, and feel a life-long committment to the lives they bring into this world. I know my Sherman will always have a loving home to go to, if anything happened to the rest of us. Through them I've learned why its important to buy from professional breeders.*

*hint* and it's not about making money!

cocker_luva
11-03-2005, 06:33 PM
that was very nice

Toby's my baby
11-03-2005, 06:43 PM
That is SO cool, thank you so much for posting that. I really did need to be said, and we know that you are a very very good person and you are a very very responsible breeder.. you love your dogs so much, you can tell in every post taht you post. :) Thanks again!

Jessika
11-03-2005, 06:46 PM
I wish more breeders had that attitude!!!!! :)

LuvGold00
11-03-2005, 08:32 PM
All your dogs are show dogs.. :D I can see that it would be a lot of work and yet fun for you..but is it hard to find the right homes and do you make them sign an agreement if they arent going to show to have them nutered or spayed? :D

All of my pet puppies are sold on AKC Limited Registration, which means the dog is registered, but none of it's offspring can be registered. Pet puppies are also sold on Spay/Neuter contracts that state the puppy must be fixed prior to 7 months of age.

sugandsam
11-03-2005, 10:06 PM
There need to be more people with your belief and dedication in this world.
Thank you for loving dogs for the right reasons!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5cf23b3127cce955f88117a4600000016108AZMmbVw3auE