PDA

View Full Version : I am so disgusted right now (graphic & long)

anna_66
11-02-2005, 11:39 PM
OK here it is midnight and I'm getting ready to go to bed, got my pj's on and everything. I go to let the dogs in the house and guess what? Roxey's killed a bunny (or at least that's what it looked like from the door) and is laying by it:(
Bon and Huney come in and I tell Roxey to come, she doesn't want to but she did (good girl).
So here I stand deciding what to do. I can't just leave it there, if I do they'll go right out to it and unfortunately Mark doesn't get home till 6:30am. OK, guess I have to go pick it up.
No sooner do I think that and Roxey starts retching...omg she's going to throw up. I get her into the kitchen and barf....god how disgusting, she's obviously eaten (sorry to be gross) most of the poor bunnies innards.
So here I am with innards on the floor and three dogs starring at it. I grab Bon and put him in the garage and no sooner do I turn around and Huney starts to grab the stuff. I tell her to drop it, she does (also a good girl) and I try to decide what to use to clean it up. So I get the dustpan and a paper towel and scoop it up then bleach the floor.
Here we go again...she's going to throw up. Yuck, there's another big mess on the floor :rolleyes: So I bring the dustpan back in and scoop that up too.
So now my house stinks I'm sick to my stomach, and I still have to get the bunny out of the yard.
God I hate this. I've never really had to deal with any animals except maybe a bird, plus it was dark (guess in a way that was kinda good though, I couldn't see this poor bunny very well).

Sorry to gross everyone out, I'm just aggravated and needed to vent a bit.
I just hope Roxey doesn't get sick again:o

shais_mom
11-02-2005, 11:59 PM
aaawwww Anna I'm sorry you had such a rough nite!
Sounds ickkky
:(
{{hugs}}to you

caseysmom
11-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Can you just let mark get rid of the bunny when he gets home....thats what I would do. Maybe you can cover it so nobody would see if thats a problem....

Sorry you had to go though that, that is pretty disgusting but its nature.

LuvGold00
11-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Aww, what a night. Is their anyway you can cover it then pick it up with a shovel? :(

wolf_Q
11-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Ugh what a very bad night, Anna, how gross! :o Maybe you could get a garbage bag and use the poop picking up method of grabbing it then turning the bag inside out or something.

I'm glad I haven't had a problem with that, there's really not bunnies, squirrels, etc in my neighborhood. We did find a dead baby robin once :( and Reggie was the culprit (yes the 12 year old 3 toothed dog killed it :rolleyes: ) as far as I know Nebo hasn't killed anything though he probably would if given a chance.

.sarah
11-03-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry you had a rough night, but, dogs will be dogs :rolleyes:

My dogs have done it before, but I usually don't find it until they try to drag a bone inside. Nova has never killed anything but Mandy is a very good "hunter".

finn's mom
11-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Oh, anna...I'm sure everything will be fine. :( It was just a shock to her system...I'm sorry you all had to go through that, especially so late at night, when you're getting ready to go to bed. Blech, that sucks.

joycenalex
11-03-2005, 04:36 AM
yuck! dogs being a dog, and all of that, but yuck! i hope roxey didn't get sick anymore, and the house gets aired out today.

buttercup132
11-03-2005, 05:44 AM
aww man i was eating too lol its ok thought i shouldnt o read it but i had to , bu thats gross!!!

Ginger's Mom
11-03-2005, 05:47 AM
I am really sorry to hear that you (and Roxey) had such a rough night. I too would be extremely squeamish about cleaning up the remains of the poor bunny. Maybe Roxey has learned her lesson about catching bunnies after getting so sick. I hope you got a good night sleep, and everyone is feeling better there.

Cookiebaker
11-03-2005, 06:36 AM
:eek: Oh Anna, what a horrible night for you!!! :( I am so sorry, and it sounds like quite the ordeal. :eek:

{{{HUGS}}}

jackie
11-03-2005, 06:42 AM
I don't know what to say, except I am sending you ((HUGS))

dogzr#1
11-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Molly has killed a bunny before but she didn't actually start to eat it's guts!! Poor Roxey! I hope you and Roxey have a good nights rest! That is gross!!

Logan
11-03-2005, 07:10 AM
We have been there, Anna, with rabbits, squirrels, possums, rats, etc, but only one or two times were they mangled like you describe. Thank goodness both times that happened, Scott was here. I think the worst part is the throwing up in your kitchen. :(

You will have to get Sandra to tell you the story of Star and the squirrel. I think it will make you at least feel like you're not alone! :p

senorita02
11-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Oh im so sorry that must have been pretty rough,
Senorita has killed and brought the the door a very large rat before, ugh she didnt eat it up tho , just killed it i guess, anyway i had to go out and pick the poor thing up by its tail, my boyfriend would never of done it , he is fearful of rats, LOL
i Hope Roxy is ok and does not get sick, poor everyone involved :( mostly bunny tho :(

Pam
11-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Oh Anna why do these things have to happen when the hubbies aren't around? :rolleyes: It sounds like you really had your hands full with guarding the dead bunny in the yard, guarding and cleaning up the *ick* on the kitchen floor and tending to poor Roxey's upset tummy. You could have used about three people to help you!

If it's any consolation Bella did eat a baby bird once right in front of my eyes. I watched her chew it up and swallow it. :eek: Fortunately she didn't get sick.

I hope you are feeling better today and that Roxey learned a lesson, but she probably didn't. :rolleyes: :p

Jadapit
11-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Omg, Anna how awful for you! Yuck!! I would have freaked out. Sorry you had to go through that. Dogs can be so gross sometimes. How is Roxey feeling today? Are you feeling ok? ;)

pitc9
11-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh Anna... I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I know how you feel!
Sierra killed and ate part of a bunny a few months back then tried to sneak what was left of it in the house in her mouth!! :eek: A week later she had hook worm and a week after that... Buddy did too.
(the ER told me Sierra has Coccidia :mad: but I'd rather have dogs with worm than Coccidia!!!)

I hope Roxey doen't get sick!!

anna_66
11-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that's had that problem;)

I HAD to get the bunny up, of course the dogs wanted back outside and I'm sure they wouldn't have left me alone till they got out.
Picking it up wasn't really the grossest part, but the innards...GROSS and stinky! I can't believe there was so much in her...dumb dog :rolleyes: I'm just glad she didn't chew them up (and yes, unfortunately I could tell:o)
I'm thinking everything came up because before we went to bed at around 2 she was eating her dog food and luckily we didn't have an accident during the night. I think I would have died if she would have thrown that stuff up on the carpet :eek:

Of course I had to get up and tell daddy his perfect girl was killer girl;)

But all is fine this morning thank goodness!!

Logan
11-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Glad things are better today, Anna. I know how bad it can be to just find that on your doorstep, let alone the rest you had to deal with! Sorry, but I had to chuckle a little bit. Aren't they gross sometime? We watched Honey carrying around a chipmunk a couple of Saturdays ago. I refused to go try to take it from her. She was just mouthing it, but still. YUCK! :eek:

You must send Sandra (Tatsxxx11) a PM and ask her about Star's squirrel. I promise, you will feel better when you read what she has to say! LOL!!!!

Logan

PJ's Mom
11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Wow! I'm glad Roxy's ok. :) You handled it way better than I would've. :eek:

Kfamr
11-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I'll stick to lolli-pops and greenies, thankyouverymuch. ;)

pnance
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Glad to hear Roxy's ok today, I'm guessing both of you will get a better nights sleep tonight....

I got lucky ??? with mine and came out just as Nikka killed a gopher. :o To late for the gopher, but I at least didn't have to deal with her eating it..

Glacier
11-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that's had that problem;)

But all is fine this morning thank goodness!!

Glad to hear Roxy isn't sick today!

I think most husky owners at one time or another have an experience like this. "What the husky caught today" is a pretty frequent topic of discussion on a siberian email list I am on! Our yard is pretty much squirrel, mouse and vole free thanks to our dogs. Kayleigh has caught a couple ravens.

Last winter Paxil ran for almost 10km with a grouse hanging out of her mouth. She didn't actually kill it; a fox did that, but we startled the fox while he was eating his lunch. Paxil stole his grouse and ran home with it. She never even broke her stride! There was no way she was dropping it! yuck!!

anna_66
11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Glad things are better today, Anna. I know how bad it can be to just find that on your doorstep, let alone the rest you had to deal with! Sorry, but I had to chuckle a little bit. Aren't they gross sometime? We watched Honey carrying around a chipmunk a couple of Saturdays ago. I refused to go try to take it from her. She was just mouthing it, but still. YUCK! :eek:

You must send Sandra (Tatsxxx11) a PM and ask her about Star's squirrel. I promise, you will feel better when you read what she has to say! LOL!!!!

Logan
Yes, they most definately can be gross. Not long ago Huney caught a mouse outside, I made her drop it and Roxey runs over, grabs it and chews it down so fast I couldn't make her "leave it" soon enough :rolleyes:
I'll be pming Sandra now:p

Glacier, I'm sure Paxil would be Roxey's hero:D

Lobodeb
11-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Such an eventful night! I'm so grateful that Maggy doesn't do that.

I'm glad Roxey didn't get sick, and you too, Anna, for that matter! I know I certainly would have lost my dinner.

cyber-sibes
11-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Yuck, Anna! Unfortunately I've had experience with this, too. (It's a husky thing) Keep an eye on Roxy, because if she's barfing, the animal might not have been healthy. Star & Sherman have both eaten animals, but Star only got sick when she ate some baby bunnies that were sick, too. Fortunately a trip to the vet got her straightened out. (nasty nasty tapeworms) Rabbits can also be infested with fleas that they pass on, so check her out. I hope this isn't too graphic, just sharing my experience. (Sherman got a big rabbit just a few days ago, but he let me take it away) I don't like picking them up, too, especially if they're in "pieces" . I really hate when they do this, but it goes with the breed. I chalk it up as one of their "less cute" qualities! ;)
Glad to hear Roxy's feeling better!

cocker_luva
11-03-2005, 06:35 PM
wow im sorry for ur situation!

anna_66
11-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Yuck, Anna! Unfortunately I've had experience with this, too. (It's a husky thing) Keep an eye on Roxy, because if she's barfing, the animal might not have been healthy. Star & Sherman have both eaten animals, but Star only got sick when she ate some baby bunnies that were sick, too. Fortunately a trip to the vet got her straightened out. (nasty nasty tapeworms) Rabbits can also be infested with fleas that they pass on, so check her out. I hope this isn't too graphic, just sharing my experience. (Sherman got a big rabbit just a few days ago, but he let me take it away) I don't like picking them up, too, especially if they're in "pieces" . I really hate when they do this, but it goes with the breed. I chalk it up as one of their "less cute" qualities! ;)
Glad to hear Roxy's feeling better!
Thanks for the concern Pat but I "think" she's OK. The bunny parts didn't get chewed up or digested AT ALL :rolleyes: It was like she ate it, filled up her tummy and realized it was too much. Hope she doesn't have any problems later but thanks for making me aware! I've been keeping an eye on her and today she's just been full of piss and vinegar:p

finn's mom
11-03-2005, 06:40 PM
I've been keeping an eye on her and today she's just been full of piss and vinegar:p

glad she's feeling herself! :)

K9karen
11-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Funny (?) this happens when we're by ourselves..
Mizzy K-lo is my official mole killer-unfortunately, we're infested. The last time she dug one up, I was outside with her, nobody else home and naturally, she wouldn't drop that sucker for anything. Shake, drop, grab, shake, run, paw, etc. I had no idea if I ran into the house to get gloves if she'd decide to eat it, so I yelled "Squirrel!" and she dropped it for an instant, during which...gag gag, gag..I picked it up with the tips of my fingers. She must have scared it to death, it wasn't playing possum. I have a strong stomach but I won't describe what it looked/felt like. I scrubbed my hands with alcohol while I was spazzing out. yuk.
Cody once dived under one of our bushes and emerged with something in his mouth. It was so dark I couldn't see it, so I ran him around to the front porch so I could see in the light. No clue if he killed it or if it was already a goner, but all I can remember is entails dripping on my porch and me screaming on top of my lungs "Drop it!" (no dice) at 11p. I couldn't even see what kind of animal it was but he was loving it. My mom opens the front door after hearing me and Cody decides to try to bring it inside. Thank God for cheese because I think, after a pound of it, he drops the thing, but *barf, barf, barf* I had to clean it up.
The worse part, is that I kiss those faces without thinking. I had to restrain myself for days. I guess we can never take the wild dog out of them.
I'm glad Roxy is Ok now. Poor you. This stuff really skeeves me. Yuk and Ew.

poofy
11-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh my that does sound really rough..Hope Roxy gets better and you get thru it.. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
11-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh, miss Roxey baby girl!! Now, Roxey, why did you have tyo go off any kill that poor little bun-bun?!?
Anna! I feel sooo sorry for you, you have to clean uop those nasty bunny guts! Hope things are going better today. ;)

Bigyummydog
11-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh! Sorry you and ROXEY had such a bad night. As far as I know, MAXIMUS hasn't killed any thing but a lizard. He just goes for the chase. And then doesn't know what to do with it if he catches up to it or it doesn't run away from him.

Hugs to you and ROXEY.

RobiLee
11-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Yuck, Yuck and Triple Yuck!!! Don't do that anymore, Roxey. Thats just more than your mommy can take;)

KYS
11-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Oh Anna!

I feel so bad for you.
I know this is not funny,
But I had to laugh, when I read about the dogs throwing up/
eating it up.
Now Rocky never eats his kill, but he still throws up
and than wants to lick it up again.
I was devastated every time Rocky would kill an animal
in our yard.
I ended up putting Rocky on 8:30 p.m. house arrest curfew. :rolleyes:

I am very proud that Roxy listened to you.

Canis Amicus
11-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Roxy has a better taste than Rex, he likes to kill big rats and carry it in his mouth, everywhere. No way to make him drop it.

Sorry it spoil your night.

Cincy'sMom
11-05-2005, 03:43 PM
What a night! Glad tohear Roxey is feeling better though.

We had a bunny incident this summer. I had the dogs at my aunt's house and they were running around the yard sniffing. We thought Cincy had found a mole, and we were encouragin her to "get it" (My aunt promised raw hides to any dog that could chase the moles out of her yard". Well, Cincy started digging...and dug up a bunny nest! There must have been 10 little bunnies come running out. So then I am screaming to leave it...and for themost part they did. They didn't eat any, but one was injured. No fun!