PDA

View Full Version : What's relaxing??

slleipnir
11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
What do you find relaxing?

I'm feeling kinda stressed right now..and I decided to take Josie for a walk. I walk late (usually 12 or so) but I was out at 10:30 tonight. It's so quiet this time of night. No cars, people or noise. All you hear is the wind blowing threw the trees, and as you walk, leaves drift around you as they fall from the trees (which are hanging over the sidewalk)

I walked to the park where I sat on some rocks by the water and just listened to the sound of the water splashed against the rocks...it was so relaxing...I love the sound of water..

So what do you like?

catnapper
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Whats relaxing for me:
~Spending time petting the cats
~Listening to a purring cat
~a long hot shower
~drawing
~Walking - expecially in brsik air like we have now.
~getting lost in a book, crossword puzzle, etc

CagneyDog
11-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Being alone in a really quiet place always relaxes me.

I usually walk to the river when its dark out and sit for awhile.

buckner
11-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Just taking a break from everything is relaxing for me.

I'm not relaxed on the computer at all, and I'm glad I'm caught up in so much school work and I can't get on as often.

I actually relaxes me to do my Calculus homework; I think it's because I get a feeling of satisfaction. I also love to take pictures.. having my camera out relaxes me. Listening to the radio relaxes me while I get homework done. I don't necessarily love peace and quiet, but I love nature sounds. I love walking outside in the cool, crisp air and just listening. Though, I don't like to just sit, I have to be doing something outside. A lot of simple things relax me. It's sad that I get so stressed out often, but oh well.

CathyBogart
11-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Two words: Hot Tub.

Oh, and dating a massage therapist helps too.

Seriously though, I like to veg out with a book on tape and some yummy ice cream and curl up with a blanket.

Uabassoon
11-02-2005, 11:23 PM
I like to lie under the covers with my kitties next to me and watch tv.

Flatcoatluver
11-02-2005, 11:25 PM
cat purring
pouring rain
dogs snoring
the t.v in the background
knowing no work or school is tormorrow.

anna_66
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Getting lost in tv is very relaxing to me.
Also being on the computer, I just loose myself when I surf:D

Oggyflute
11-03-2005, 03:05 AM
A few things relax me, like reading. But my ultimate relaxation is to go fishing. I just love it, and sadly don't do it enough nowadays. :)

beeniesmom
11-03-2005, 05:55 AM
hugging my dogs

king2005
11-03-2005, 06:10 AM
I find doing jigsaw puzzles quite relaxing. I'm working on one from Paris, called Monet's "the water lily pond; harmony in green (1899)". I LOVE Monet's art work, when Tom went to Paris for the 3rd time this year, he went to the museum, saw the actual Lily Pond & bought the puzzle for me.

Lets just say this is by far the hardest puzzle I have ever done, & I'm not getting to far in it hehehe. Which is nice for a change.

I found walking on the beach bare foot was soooooo relaxing. I loved finding neat creatures & that seal. PEI is all realxing to me. Its my get away

moosmom
11-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Sitting in a nice hot bath surrounded by the light of candles, listening to a tape of the ocean. (of course a great glass of wine wouldn't be bad either, but I don't drink so that's out).