PDA

View Full Version : to spay or not to spay

petsmo.com
11-02-2005, 06:39 PM
To spay or not to spay, that is the question~

Would you or have you spayed your pet in the past?
I could never do it, personally.

www.petsmo.com

Uabassoon
11-02-2005, 06:41 PM
All of my pets are spayed. Altering your pet helps them to live a healthy life, it reduces certain cancers pets who are fixed generally live longer and healthier lives. Plus there are so many cats and dogs that get put to sleep every day because people don't spay/neuter their pets.

Jadapit
11-02-2005, 06:44 PM
To spay or not to spay, that is the question~

Would you or have you spayed your pet in the past?
I could never do it, personally.

www.petsmo.com

SPAY!!! May I ask why you dont believe in spaying?

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Unless I have full intentions of showing my dog, I'll always get them spayed....

Flatcoatluver
11-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Spay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QueenScoopalot
11-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Personally I just love spending multiple hours (unpaid I might add) trudging through dark alleys, creepy yards, climbing fences,going into abandoned buildings etc. to try rescuing all the abandoned animals others dump. :rolleyes: And then there's the thrills of watching as loads of roundworms come out of them, when they come down with URI, viruses, and I have to dig deep to get them medicine in order to have them survive till they're adopted. Oh..I do share the wealth with other people who are just thrilled to be mopping up along with me nursing all the wounded back to health at our expense! It's also wonderful to come across that dumped mama cat who's just given birth under a bush, is skin & bones from having to scrape by for food to nourish not only herself, but her growing fetuses. Then to have all the newborns die because of somebody else's neglect, and a momcat with barely enough strength to survive herself...what fun! :rolleyes: And to know of the hundreds upon hundreds of shelters that are 'lucky' enough to get all the unwanted pets that will never have homes. Lucky because these are the animals who won't end up on the streets starving, and reproducing, and can have a chance to be killed humanely or (hopefully adopted out to responsible homes) instead of by poison, cars, viruses etc. The shelter staff (also most likely not paid) get the really fun part of killing the MILLIONS of babies and adult pets that are dumped on them day after day, year after year. Do I believe in spaying & neutering? :confused: You say "you could never do it personally", but how about having a qualified vet do it instead, and save people like me & others the grief of cleaning up after your mess? :confused: In this day & age it's the responsible thing to do PERIOD!

NoahsMommy
11-02-2005, 07:07 PM
I think you'll find that 99.99% of PT spay/neuter our pets. Its kind, its our responsibility and is the RIGHT THING TO DO.

Please look at the following threads that will educate you on WHY people spay/neuter and why most States/Counties REQUIRE animals to be fixed:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=50869&highlight=spay+neuter+reasons

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=30455&highlight=spay+neuter+reasons

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1334&highlight=spay+neuter+reasons

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=85244&highlight=spay+neuter

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=90964&highlight=neuter

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=88425&highlight=neuter

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=74938&highlight=spay+neuter

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=34627&highlight=spay+neuter

binka_nugget
11-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Unless I have full intentions of showing my dog, I'll always get them spayed....

Same. If I don't plan on showing them, they will be spayed/neutered.

Chica
11-02-2005, 07:15 PM
spay ;) I spayed Chica. The vet told me that this is healthier for the dog. ;) :D

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 07:21 PM
This almost seems trollish. But, just in case...I'll answer...I'll always spay or neuter. I'd never show an animal for that very reason.

moosmom
11-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Finn's Mom,

This almost seems trollish

I was thinking the same thing!! I see a pattern here. Hmmmm...

I'll answer as well with one word...

SPAY!!!!!

Lady's Human
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Given the following:

1) the website that the username refers to has much incorrect information about various breeds

2) the aforementioned website also quite proudly has links to breeders and puppymill outlets (There was a link in the site promising it could get you any puppy, anytime)

3) the person has started other threads that have brought similar questions (the mix your own dog breed thread was irritating as well)

I would simply assume that this person is a troll posting here on occassion to boost the traffic on their web site when we all try to go and figure out where they're coming from (or what drugs they are taking)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2005, 08:50 PM
I would simply assume that this person is a troll posting here on occassion to boost the traffic on their web site when we all try to go and figure out where they're coming from (or what drugs they are taking)
Ditto.

All I had to do was read the title of the thread and I knew it was a troll.

PLEASE, DO NOT go to this person's website and do not get all irritated and try and persuade them they should spay. All you will end up doing is aggrivating yourself and feeding the troll's ego.

catnapper
11-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Wow, how ignorant can a person be to NOT spay? All mine were spayed/neutered by 7 months old, and the two the were 7 months old when fixed, I felt awful thinking I'd waited too long. I always want to grab people by the collar when I see them out with their unneutered male dogs and scream "Neuter him! For the love of your dog, neuter him!"

Gee.... I'm with Jan on this one... its so much fun to save the lives of unwanted pets. :rolleyes:

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 09:36 PM
PLEASE, DO NOT go to this person's website and do not get all irritated and try and persuade them they should spay. All you will end up doing is aggrivating yourself and feeding the troll's ego.

Ha ha, I didn't even see the site. Shows how unwell I'm feeling...I am missing a lot of stuff today. I totally got lost yesterday coming home from the store...cut my finger while I was cutting a tomato. Blah. I think this is good advice, though...don't feed the troll! ;)

QueenScoopalot
11-02-2005, 09:54 PM
HMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Petsmo = (insert slang here) MoPets. Arggh. When will mandatory spay /neuter law ever come about? :confused: :rolleyes:

gkristian
11-03-2005, 01:38 AM
i could't agree more with you there....foxy got spayed pretty late (at 2yo), but i don't plan to spay my next dog scince i am planing to show.

beeniesmom
11-03-2005, 05:48 AM
This almost seems trollish. But, just in case...I'll answer...I'll always spay or neuter. I'd never show an animal for that very reason.

i agree ...

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-03-2005, 07:57 AM
SPAY !!!!!!
My newbie Zazou is being fixed today, right now!! She was in heat a week ago, and OMG, I never want her to go through that again!!

moosmom
11-03-2005, 08:01 AM
When will mandatory spay /neuter law ever come about

Not soon enough as far as I'm concerned!

JenBKR
11-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Must be a troll - who else would ask such a question??

pitc9
11-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I personally think that Trolls should be spayed and neutered too!!
:D :D ;) :p

ramanth
11-03-2005, 09:14 AM
I personally think that Trolls should be spayed and neutered too!!
:D :D ;) :p

HAHAHA!! Ditto! :D ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
11-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Mine all "done" as soon as they were old enough - its the only way

Anita Cholaine
11-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Just don't feed the troll :rolleyes:

sasvermont
11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
I haven't seen this person post a response. I think the question is a no-brainer.

SPAY :eek:

ramanth
11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Just don't feed the troll :rolleyes:
But I like feeding them. How else am I going to fatten them up? Trolls are great with olive oil and oregeno. ;) :D

Kirbys Mom
11-03-2005, 11:33 AM
but if there was a law on fixin your animals, wouldnt that make no more puppies or kittes...thats like settin them up for extinction?

QueenScoopalot
11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
But I like feeding them. How else am I going to fatten them up? Trolls are great with olive oil and oregeno. ;) :D
I prefer them deep fried and dipped in Ranch dressing! :D Or sauteed and mixed with garlic, fresh basil and olive oil, and served over pasta..MMMmmmmm! Oh wait...I don't eat meat DOH! :eek: If they're water trolls yes...cold blooded aren't they? :confused:

moosmom
11-03-2005, 12:08 PM
but if there was a law on fixin your animals, wouldnt that make no more puppies or kittes...thats like settin them up for extinction

HARDLY!!! With the way things are now, they'll NEVER become extinct, and the shelters will still be full of unwanted, abandoned and abused cats and dogs.

Anita Cholaine
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Trolls are great with olive oil and oregeno. ;) :D

Maybe I should try that.... I love olive oil! :D

pitc9
11-03-2005, 01:12 PM
but if there was a law on fixin your animals, wouldnt that make no more puppies or kittes...thats like settin them up for extinction?

Extinction???? :confused: No way....
Spaying and neutering dogs and cats help's them to have a healthier longer life. Controlling the population of dogs and cats means being responsible.
One thing trolls are not! ;) :p

Hummm... how can we make Trolls extinct..... :D :p

catland
11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, I have to admit that out of my four kitties, only one has been spayed.:(

That's because the other three are boys :eek: (and of course they have all been to the vet to be tutored. :D :eek: )

ramanth
11-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I prefer them deep fried and dipped in Ranch dressing! :D Or sauteed and mixed with garlic, fresh basil and olive oil, and served over pasta..MMMmmmmm! Oh wait...I don't eat meat DOH! :eek: If they're water trolls yes...cold blooded aren't they? :confused:
Maybe it's a Tofu Troll. :D I am sooooo hungry now.... *drools*

And Catland... LOL!! :D

luvofallhorses
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
All of my pets are spayed. Altering your pet helps them to live a healthy life, it reduces certain cancers pets who are fixed generally live longer and healthier lives. Plus there are so many cats and dogs that get put to sleep every day because people don't spay/neuter their pets.

you took the words right out of my mouth. plus this was started on another message board I go to :rolleyes: on a homeless animal message board.....just let it die.

QueenScoopalot
11-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Maybe it's a Tofu Troll. :D I am sooooo hungry now.... *drools*

And Catland... LOL!! :D
I don't know about tofu trolls...if they taste like seafood I'll eat them. Or chocolate covered....(~drools~ like Homer Simpson...MMmmmmmm trolls...) :D

Suki Wingy
11-03-2005, 04:04 PM
bye bye :p