PDA

View Full Version : PT I need your help, ASAP.

king2005
11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
I need as much proof as possible that Amonia from urin is toxic to humans & puppies.

I need proof that is can promote Kennel Cough & Phenomia in puppies & humans.

This is not a school project, I'm fighting my store, for our health.

I know Amonia causes upper resportory problems in rats & mice, I've witnessed it. I've also had Walking Phenomia & was bed ridden for 2 months (but no proof it was from the amonia from the cat kennels).

If I can get help/information to solve this problem aswell, please post proof. I really love my job, but this is the only issue with the kennel that I have & it MUST be solved ASAP.

I know when the manager calls me tonight I'm gonna be fired :( I just want to gather as much information before he calls me, so I can prove, its toxic & how to solve the issue.

moosmom
11-02-2005, 05:56 PM
King2005,

Boy, I've looked just about EVERYWHERE (yahoo, google, and my trusty kitty bible, the Cornell Book of Cats) to try and find something about ammonia toxicity in cats. How about trying to call an emergency vet hospital and ask them. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

Good luck!

Jessika
11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Ammonia is ammonia, whether its in urine or in chemical cleaners.

Ammonia IS toxic, the fumes alone can kill you!!

I did a google search for the term "toxicity of ammonia from urine" or "toxicity of ammonia from pet urine" and MANY sites came up.

EDIT: Grr many of the links I find though are about aquatic care. :(

king2005
11-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the help, Thats why I asked PT for help. I looked everywhere & found squat.

If I knew my job was at risk tonight, I would have called a vets office after I got home from being sick, from breathing in SO MUCH ammonia from the urine.

I'm so scared I'll get Walking Phenomia again. The Dr. said if I didn't get the early fever (thats why my dad took me to the hospital), It could have killed me in a week! After I started the meds & the phenomia started acting like Phenomia it was HORRIBLE!

Also *shhhPuppies-are-dying-from-phenomiashhh*, its horrible, all the pups are on meds & its not working & I know its due to that darn ammonia in the urine. I nearly gagged from coughing so hard when I had my head in the kennels scrubbing them. This higher then usually ammonia levels must be cause by something, cause its only at our store, the other 2 that I've been to, don't smell this bad. & this smell is new this week.

king2005
11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Ammonia is ammonia, whether its in urine or in chemical cleaners.

Ammonia IS toxic, the fumes alone can kill you!!

I did a google search for the term "toxicity of ammonia from urine" or "toxicity of ammonia from pet urine" and MANY sites came up.

EDIT: Grr many of the links I find though are about aquatic care. :(

Thank you, I'll try those phrases :)

king2005
11-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Found 1 site

just making a keep sake list for myself, so I can read/print it to my manager.
#1 (http://www.ecochem.com/t_cbpet.html)

Cinder & Smoke
11-02-2005, 06:24 PM
The terms you want to Google for are:

"MSDS Ammonia" or "Ammonia MSDS"

"MSDS" stands for "Material Safety Data Sheet" -
the way Industries warn of the dangers of the chemicals they produce.

Here's one for Ammonia that is worded pretty well >>>
http://www.chem.tamu.edu/class/majors/msdsfiles/msdsammonia.htm

IF you get "fired" over a health issue -
CALL your local Health Department and ask them to "visit" the store
to determine if there is a high level of Ammonia in the area you worked in.

/s/ Phred

king2005
11-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks Phred, I planed on fighting it.

However, no one has called me yet & its 8:30pm, I don't know where I'm supose to work tomorrow :( Argg I hate retail management.