PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 131- Let's K.I.S.S.!!!

RICHARD
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM
No not Kiss!

Let's Keep It Simple, Silly!

----------------------

I think we should take this Thursday to relax before we start the 'holiday stretch run'......

Time is gonna fly by so we better gather up our wits and relax while we have a chance....

A simple day calls for a simple drink....

Kentucky Cocktail

3/4 oz. Bourbon, 1 1/2 oz. Pineapple juice

Shake with ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail glass

Come on in...... :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2005, 03:31 PM
I'll take the pineapple juice mixed with some lemon lime soda please? 4 catnip teas and some nachos!!!

I think the other kind of kiss would be more fun. We could play spin the bottle. See, Mario's all puckered up already!!! :D

davidpizzica
11-02-2005, 03:52 PM
RICHARD, I'll take one of those DOTDs! Wat is bMario a puckered up for??

RICHARD
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I'll take the pineapple juice mixed with some lemon lime soda please? 4 catnip teas and some nachos!!!

I think the other kind of kiss would be more fun. We could play spin the bottle. See, Mario's all puckered up already!!! :D

Mario!

he'll do anything for a cherry!

One PJ and LL Soda, 4 cat nip teas and a platter of nachos......DONE!!

Insignifigant trivia?

My granddad's nickname was NACHO! :eek: :eek:

davidpizzica
11-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Boy, RICHARD I really NEED one of those! I can't spell! "What is Mario all puckered for??" is what I meant to say.

Logan
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Let's have a toast in memory of Sudilar's Shiloh when everyone gets here and in honor of Sue. Bless her heart, she has had a lot of loss too close together. :(

I think we need to drink a toast to DavidP, too, and his car situation. Hope it gets resolved soon, David!

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2005, 04:12 PM
"What is Mario all puckered for??"
Maybe he had one too many jalepeno peppers on his nachos? :confused:

I'll take a drink of the day. Only one to start with. I'm wiping my laptop clean and starting from scratch again to hopefully find out why it takes literally 2 minutes to boot up, so I think I better go easy on the drinks. I'd be devastated if I actually lost everything on my computer......I did do a complete back up though, so I should be ok. Wish me luck!

RICHARD
11-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Let's have a toast in memory of Sudilar's Shiloh when everyone gets here and in honor of Sue. Bless her heart, she has had a lot of loss too close together. :(

Been there!

Let's hoist one for Shiloh, Sue and david's car.

To all our friends, loved ones and the things that keep us mobile!
Better days ahead!

Salut!

david,
What is Mario puckered up for? Anything he wants, of course!! :)

A kiss!

captain
11-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Bouncer here ............. could we make mine a double.

Come here Mario ...............giveusakiss....... :o

moosmom
11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Gimme a Bloody Mary, heavy on the MARY!!! I need to get rid of the pain in my back!

*Raises glass* Here's to Sue and RB Shiloh, poor Davidp and his dead car (carless in Pittsburgh), Mario and his cherries and....leaving the best for last...

PUCKER UP RICHARD!!!!!!

RICHARD
11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Wish me luck!

How's about luck and a DOTD?

DONE!

Bounc...I mean Cap't.....

A double? DONE!

Hey you are starting summer in your part of the neighborhood, save some for us??? :cool:

MM,
Back aches are the worst.....especially when you HAVE to go to the BR...

One BM heavy on the Mary...
DONE!

Another toast to all the PT people who need a thought or two! :(

captain
11-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Hell yes - summer here in Melbourne is as follows :

Tuesday = 32 deg
Wednesday = 30 deg
Today - RAIN RAIN RAIN

:D - so, I will save some with pleasure .....

sorry - don't know the farhenheit .....

davidpizzica
11-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Gimme a Bloody Mary, heavy on the MARY!!! I need to get rid of the pain in my back!

*Raises glass* Here's to Sue and RB Shiloh, poor Davidp and his dead car (carless in Pittsburgh), Mario and his cherries and....leaving the best for last...

PUCKER UP RICHARD!!!!!!
My car isn't quite dead yet! It's current condition is a comatose lawn ornament, but not gone yet.

slick
11-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. Got some stuff on my mind. Don't want anything yet....just leaving to take Speckles to the vet. Looks like a UTI! Thank doG she's easy to pill.

Sending prayers out to Sue. I can't even comprehend the magnitude of pain she's going through. The rest of us have nothing to complain about.

Corinna
11-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Slick hope she's ok Glad to hear from you tooo. Good luck.
Hey how about a DLC, I've been sick for a week first flu I have ever had that wasn't intestanal. Werid stuff.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey Slick! Good to hear from you again, but I sure hope it's "only" a UTI for sweet little Speckles. :( Any news yet?

<fret, fret, fret>

slick
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Speckles has sent an email to her Auntie Debbie.

OK, I'm ready for a big double BM. We've got thunder and lightening and lots and lots of rain here tonight. Good thing we can all curl up by the fireplace.

Sorry you are sick Corinna. There's alot of that going around.

Mario, come here sweetheart. I have not been kissed in so long.... :eek: ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Speckles has sent an email to her Auntie Debbie.

Oh drat! I'm still reinstalling everything and figured my email could wait 'til tomorrow, but I guess I'll do it right after MS Office gets done installing. Do you know how many MS Updates there have been in the last 3 years? :eek: Now I remember why I really don't like doing this.......I couldn't even get the settings right so things looked the same on my screen. :rolleyes:

I'll join you by the fire, Slick. Yes, Mario, you can sit on my lap, but Slick is the one that needs the kisses. ;)

trayi52
11-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Hey everybody! I'll take a DOTD, how is everybody? Slick how is Speckles doing. I hope the vet says the UTI is better.

Corinna, hope you are feeling better.

I have been cleaning on the new house all day. It won't be long and we will be moving in! We had the carpet laid today, the power and heat is on too. Nope won't be long at all!

Mario, what are you doing, going around kissing on all these ladies!

Willie :)

Oggyflute
11-03-2005, 03:12 AM
G'day all, :)
For a moment there I thought we were going to have a seventies flashback. :D

Good to see you again Slick.
Hope you did alright in the Cup Michelle. :) (Me, eyepopper 14th :( , Carole, diva 1st :rolleyes: )

Guess I might just settle down to some good port and some expresso coffee, maybe a little dark chocolate too. ;)

lbaker
11-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Biiiig stretch and a yawn blowing in from the East Coast this morning. I'll save my drink order for later EXCEPT I must click glasses with my buddy Slick (I'll send you a p.m. later) but now it's time for a BM *hee hee*. My heart strings are humming for Sue, yes we can just about all feel the pain of loss. In keeping with the "Keep It Simple Stupid" theme (yes Trev, I was thinking about musicians with face makeup too) let's just have some comfort food for later. You know me, always with the food :rolleyes: A nice skillet of SOS simmering for whenever anyone is awake enough. I'll spoon it over homemade toast and serve with a side of baked apples and some thick sliced bacon. MARIO, are you awake? Can you fetch some oranges from the trees out back (he's so handy to send up the trees) and we'll have some fresh OJ. YUM! Good morning all :) Let's get the coffee brewing also....

moosmom
11-03-2005, 08:19 AM
a comatose lawn ornament

More like a comatose kitty condo. Hey Davidp, there's still time, ya know. Lots of neighborhood strays would KILL for a place like that, complete with CD system, plush sleeping arrangements and shelter from the elements. Whatdaya say????

slick
11-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone! I've made a double batch of fresh Baileys so help yourself. I've got a real hankering for a big 'ol southern breakfast...you know, biscuits and gravy and the works. Oh Laurie, how about some of your wonderful crab cakes??? Anyone up for it?? It's another dark and dreary day up here and Mr. Weatherman says it will continue for the next week. Yup, our Wet Coast weather has arrived.

Speckles is doing OK but as my friend ChrisH says....let's pray for poop! If none show up in the next 24 hours, she's off to the whitecoats for an x-ray. If that doesn't show anything she gets a "cat scan"! LOLOLOL :D

Aw Mario, thanks for the kisses...now, can someone please pass me a tissue to wipe all this cherry jooze off my mouth?

lbaker
11-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Here's a hanky Slick.. not a Kleenex but only the most exquisite Irish Linen hanky for you. Thanks for the Bailey's - perfect timing - coffee's ready. I'll save some crab meat especially for Speckles for when he's feeling ship shape again. Are those some glowing coals left in the fireplace? Let's stoke up the fire and warm up the place.... some nice smelling apple wood would be nice :cool: I hate to rub it in but expecting upper 60's/low 70's and sunny in the mid-Atlantice over the next few days - I love it :cool:

slick
11-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Wow, you still have 60's and 70's? Lucky you! I'll go out back and bring in a load of wood.

but only the most exquisite Irish Linen hanky for you
Wow, does that mean I have to raise my pinkie??? LOL :D

I know someone who is having a birthday on Sunday but I'm not telling!!!
**slaps hand over mouth** **snicker** **snort**

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-03-2005, 10:10 AM
but now it's time for a BM *hee hee
A nice skillet of SOS simmering for whenever anyone is awake enough.

Ummm........think I'll take a pass on the SOS, Laurie. ;) :D :p But all that good ol' comfort food that Slick mentined sounds just yummy! I made the absolute BEST pancakes last weekend while we were camping. On a griddle over that campfire....well....almost...they were really made on our grill, but they get the same flavor as if they were over the fire. Light fluffy pancakes smothered in butter with just a dash of syrup. Mmmmm.....M! Oh, and top it off with coffee and some of Slick's Baileys? Oh my god, I believe I'm in heaven!

Slick....I know a trip to the whitecoats is necessary for Speckles if the poop patrol doesn't find anything, and I know you don't like to give her more meds than are necessary, but as Tubby got older, he really didn't get constipated, it just seemed like it was hard for him to poop (poor guy :( ) so the Vet told me it's ok to give them Colace. It's a human stool softener that you can give to cats.....once every other day I believe it was. He did mention that cats with failing kidneys do start having a harder time doing the ol' #2, so this might be something you want to ask the vet if you end up having to take her in. I also don't know if you even have Colace in Canada and I wouldn't recommend trying any other human product without approval from the vet.

Anyway, on with the day! :D

Oh, and it's supposed to be around 72 here today! I think they said that's 20 - 25 degrees warmer than average! Lucky Terry is spending a few nights at the motorhome so he should really be able to take advantage of the weather when he's done with work this afternoon. :)

Corinna
11-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Good morning alll I think I need a HBR thoday it's been quite the day already. 22yr old son tells me on our late night walk He has a DATE on friday?After almost fainting , It's a cute little gal he works with (first date ever for him) This morning he and his buddy announce they are getting an apartment. He's moving out in the next couple weeks. (torn about it) This is on top of the doctors definate dyagnocis (sp) that I am to be a grannie from the other child. Way to much excitment for my heart. the only thing left would be for hubby to pack in a boxer puppy. (that won't happen. )

RICHARD
11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
wow, are we all over the place on this Thursday or what?

Corrina,

LOL, I can see where you would pick up a newspaper to get some OTHER kind of news. :eek:

HBR, Done!

T&P,

Cakes and coffee and Bailey's??

DONE!

Tray,
One DOTD.....and Mario has kissed me too!!!

DONE!

Slick,

Biscuits and gravy we get that in the cafe but I show up at 9, by that time one or the other is done......watch out with that pinky, you'll put someone's eye out with it.

Hey watch out with those 'cat scan' jokes!! ;)

Laurie
Thank
thanks for all your work in the kitchen!

Moosmom,
What a great idea...... :eek: But what happens if David needs a trade in? :eek:

Oggy,

OH, oh! Espresso is out of my bartending range. :rolleyes: I'll give it a try but.....Chocolate that I can do! DONE? :eek:

David,

Don't worry about Blue, sometimes things are the darkest before they turn BRIGHT!

Corrina,

A DLC for you! DONE!

Cap't.

Thanks for the weather report!!!

Got a meeting this morning, be back later!

slick
11-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey watch out with those 'cat scan' jokes!!
:D Well, if the "cats can" the cats will!!!
Lunchtime here and it's chilly. I would love a big steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup with some garlic bread! When I was a kid, I used to suck in the noodles....well, actually, I still do! :o :D OK Mario, you can have a noodle. Where is Gini??? Sheesh, she tells me to haul my butt back to Thursdays and she's no where to be seen! Maybe she's got men traipsing through her house again.....and she didn't invite me! :( :D :D

Lady's Human
11-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Well, I'm placing my order with the bartender in advance. I have to put on the funny green suit tomorrow (AKA BDU's) and go to drill for four days. I'm the NCOIC of a target range over the weekend, and if I get through this intact I'm going to need a large irish coffee.......something on the order of a quart or so.
( I'm bringing my camera to the target range with me, so on the odd chance that someone wants pics let me know)

finn's mom
11-03-2005, 03:40 PM
All I really need right now is more Dayquil. But, a shot of Jager might be good for me, too! ;)

RICHARD
11-03-2005, 04:05 PM
:eek:
Well, I'm placing my order with the bartender in advance. I have to put on the funny green suit tomorrow (AKA BDU's) and go to drill for four days. I'm the NCOIC of a target range over the weekend, and if I get through this intact I'm going to need a large irish coffee.......something on the order of a quart or so.
( I'm bringing my camera to the target range with me, so on the odd chance that someone wants pics let me know)

Sir, Yes SIR!!!!

Are 'Maggie's Drawers' still out of fashion??? :eek:

Have a good one and let us know what you fire up!!

I posted some pics of the Golden Knights Para Team in General.....
simply amazing...

Have fun!

Oops, You can only preorder drinks in the one half gallon size.... :p

DONE!!!

Finn,
Dayquil and Jager shooter??? Kinda like red bull and vodka???
DONE!

Slick,

Chix noodle, french bread and one Mario!!

Gini does the four letter thing....WORK!!!! :eek:

Done!!!

finn's mom
11-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Finn,
Dayquil and Jager shooter??? Kinda like red bull and vodka???
DONE!

Ack, when you say it that way, it sounds terrible. But, yeah, it's what I want. ;) Actually I end up usually drinking Jager and Redbull. :D So, it's not too much different.

finn's mom
11-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Lol,
Dayquil and Jager.......

Drink enough of those and you'll get well and sick....at the same time!

No kidding. :D

Lady's Human
11-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Barkeep, If I have to preorder, I'll take 1/2 gallon of Irish Coffee mixed like this:

24 oz Bailey's
8 oz Amaretto

32 oz of coffee made from Beethoven's blend fresh ground. (If you need to order the coffee ask the mayor, I'm out of last year's Christmas present)

I'll have pics on tuesday or so.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
YAWN!!!
HI everyone! I ran errands this morning and over did it so had to spend most of the afternoon in bed. My back is bothering me so it's hard to walk. I go back to the doctor Monday, so all fingers crossed for the bloodpressure please? :)

Hi slick!!! I see you are covered in cherry juice. Must have gotten tons of cherry Mario kisses, eh? ;)

Could I have a cherry limeade? (you can make it a regular limeade if Mario won't share his cherries) My tummy's kind of irky this afternoon. Oh and 4 cnt's for the kids. :D

RICHARD
11-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Could I have a cherry limeade? (you can make it a regular limeade if Mario won't share his cherries) My tummy's kind of irky this afternoon. Oh and 4 cnt's for the kids. :D

You can have anything you like.....One CLA, and four CNTs for the kids.

Feel better, DONE!

LH,

When I think of Beethoven I think of St Bernards! :eek:

Karen
11-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Beethoven's Blend is the really really good coffee Lady's Human and my other brother sometimes get for Christmas if they've been really good. It's the special house roast in a little cafe nearby - and my whole car smells great when I buy some! I'm not a coffee drinker (hence my Swedish ancestry has been called into question on occasion by certain indiviiduals) but I love the smell of the stuff!

gini
11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/FallFinn084signature.jpg

I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS DOG!!!

I will be back later with something smart to say...............ha ha!

gini
11-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Gosh, when the bar goes quiet - it really goes quiet.

Well it is dark-fifteen somewhere on the east coast!

Seems as though everyone has been in a great mood - we need more of this!

Yeah, Richard is right - that old four letter word has kept me behaving and off of Pet Talk. W O R K.

I will stop by in the morning to see what's cooking for breakfast!

Deb, could you maybe make more pancakes? Hmmm. and some crispy bacon to go with them?

Oggyflute
11-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Hey Gini, I'm here *waves*, :D It is kind of quite though. :eek:
Better liven this joint up. Hhhm, I think some of Laurie's fishcakes will go down well, and will just have to knock off the tops of a few Corona's. (It's humid, I'm hot & mighty thirsty :D ) Get some music going.......no make-up wearing, tounge weilding goons though,.............ah, some John Lee Hooker will hit the spot. :)
-Possum,let Dad rest and see if you can find Mario, go easy on his cherries though.
Now this is real nice. :)
Richard, I can always do without the espresso, as long as the port & chocolate keep coming. :D
Oh & LH, better go easy on the irish stuff until all rounds are expended. :eek: :D

lbaker
11-04-2005, 06:34 AM
John Lee Hooker! Now you're talking my kind of music ;) So fish cakes it is for you and some kept in the warmer for the later risers. Buttermilk biscuits and when Debbie wakes up we can try to talk her into "campfire" pancakes. Bacon must be crispy of course. Coffee, Bailey's, KISS food - who could ask for anything more! Oh boy, Possum and Mario kissies before breakfast always bring good luck...

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Hello hello!! Here I am with the celebratory champagne! Who wants to join me? Hmm, Oggy doesn't want haggis in the bar (he looked like a haggis man to me), Carole objects to the smell of kippers, I could never eat porridge, how about another west of Scotland delicacy - the deep fried Mars Bar?!!

No? Perhaps just some smoked salmon and scrambled (oh I just bet that doesn't translate) eggs then ...

lbaker
11-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs! My my, this just keeps getting better. I had best bring out the elastic waist sweat pants though if I keep eating and drinking like this :eek:

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Oops sorry Laurie! I missed you arriving there. I can just sit here and listen to John Lee Hooker. I wouldn't want to get in your way in the kitchen! :D

lbaker
11-04-2005, 07:06 AM
You're not in the way! You, Trev and I can dance around in the kitchen, food prep like old hippie fools, listen to John Lee Hooker and get silly before anyone else shows up :D PUT THAT CAMERA AWAY MARIO!! :eek: :o

slick
11-04-2005, 08:14 AM
**plugs ears**
OMD, let me turn down that music just a wee bit.....on the other hand, it might make the firemen show up. ;) :D Wow, look at you guys burning up the dance floor. Go Trev Go! Laurie, you sshur do kleen up purrdy gud!!! ;) :D Shake what yer Momma gave ya!!!

Something smells mighty good in here. I've brought along some Canadian bacon if anyone wants some. I'll go and make some more Baileys.

gini
11-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Now this place is cookin'.............guess we are all early risers.

Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, and champagne? What a way to start a Friday!

Think I will just curl up here by the fire and listen to the music - I am not quite awake yet!

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure that all this activity is good for so early in the morning. I know what will calm things down! This cake with the grey icing! Who wants to be the first to try a bit? It will go well with that fabulous smelling coffee. Someone must have been good.

lbaker
11-04-2005, 08:51 AM
GREY ICING :eek: :eek: :confused: *ahem* you go first :p I mean, I know it was my idea and it was in your honor but really... :o

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 08:59 AM
It's OK, it's not furry ...

Randi
11-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Since you're all here - and John Lee Hooker is playing, I'll settle down by the fire and try a piece of that grey iced cake with my coffee. A sip of Slick's Bailey will go down well too. :D

slick
11-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Cake with grey icing???? Now that's one I have not heard of before. Would love to try some but I don't eat sweets Karen. Too bad you left the haggis behind, now that would be on my breakfast order. For now, I'll settle on down with the rest of you and enjoy the company. Seems like forever that I've enjoyed the crackling of a nice roaring fire and some friendly faces.

Oh before I forget, I also have some bagels and cream cheese to go along with the smoked salmon, if anyone wants to indulge themselves. I hear that cream cheese has less calories than butter. Oh what the heck, this is cyber...who's counting! Champagne anyone? I'm pouring in Karen's honour!

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Well done, Randi! I'm glad you are not afraid of a bit of grey icing. :D

Reminds me of the time I made a blue cake for my Mum. She used to belong to a country dancing group and they each held a supper after the class on a rota basis. When it was Mum’s turn, I always did the baking for it, but she wouldn’t let me try out new things, she always wanted me to make the same old stuff. I get very bored making the same thing all the time, so one week I decided to make the sponge a violent shade of blue in the hope that I wouldn’t be asked to make it again. I iced it with a not very pleasant shade of green and put milk chocolate flakes on the top. Poor Mum! When she cut the first slice out, she panicked, thinking she had put one out that had been in the cupboard for a while. It looked even more awful under the orange light in our dining room. (Well it was the seventies.)

lbaker
11-04-2005, 10:02 AM
URK. Blue cake, grey icing, orange lights? :eek: If you see a shade of *green* that would be me :rolleyes: Bagels, cream cheese (un-colored thank you very much) smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and crispy bacon is more to my liking this morning. AH, and a huge Bloody with a shrimpie garnish. Top o' the day to my morning buddies! ;)

slick
11-04-2005, 10:19 AM
decided to make the sponge a violent shade of blue. I iced it with a not very pleasant shade of green
The colours....just look at the colours.....wwwooooowwwww!!!! Reminds me of the first time I smoked pot in my early twenties...Am I allowed to say that here??? :eek: :D
Well, I just got an email that my assistant is off sick today and it's my bosses day off so that spells "busy day" for me. Had better go in early. I'm going to grab some breakfast to go and will try to check in later.

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Oh no! Would you like us to come in with you Slick? I'm sure we could make ourselves useful!

lbaker
11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, let's all pile into the HippieMobile and go to work with Slick :D Psychedelic man ;)

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 10:40 AM
OK, I've got the cakes. Who's driving? Hopefully not Richard. We'll never get there before being pulled over.

lbaker
11-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Mario, just because you have lots of keys doesn't mean we are letting you drive :rolleyes:

Corinna
11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey I got my bell bottoms and fringy shirt and a pan of goood brownies can I come along with you all to Slicks work?

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
All are welcome!! I'm sure the driver won't mind!

RedHedd
11-04-2005, 12:14 PM
:D I'll have what everyone else is having on this grey and drippy day in San Francisco.

Randi
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
OK, I'll drive - if you dare let me!! :D I did once drive a Wolkswagen van around a corner on two wheels - that was in Sweden, while a small group of us went around to annoy people in their houses, trying to get them to subscribe to Newsweek and Time!!

I never did get my licence. :( I had 12 lessons though, but my driving teacher always asked: Are you in a hurry? :rolleyes:

Mind you, it's a lot easier to get a licence in USA than here!!

I think it's time for a glass of wine! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Wow, look at all the action I've missed this morning! Sorry about being late with the pancakes Gini, I got a virus that I had to clean out. Fortunately not a nasty one, just one that disabled my antivirus software. Hmmm...a virus that makes my antivirus software not work, that could get a bit confusing. But it's gone now, so I'm ready to head to Slick's office to help her out. However.....think about it you guys....how much work would Slick really get done if we all showed up in her office? ;)

Karen, blue cake with green icing with chocolate shavings? I think I'd rather eat the litterbox cake. ;) I'm not good with odd colored foods, even green beer doesn't sit well with me. ;)

Randi - two wheels!!! And you wonder why the instructor kept asking you if you were in a hurry! :D

lbaker
11-04-2005, 12:51 PM
I actually made the litterbox cake this year!! It was gross and disgusting and the family loved it! :D Maybe we can talk Slick into taking a looong lunch hour. A loooonger afternoon coffee/tea break and then leaving early for happy hour ;) Works for me!

slick
11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=92174
Check it out!!!! ;) :D
Things here are not as bad as I expected so in honour of Richard, I'll do my best to take over for a bit and keep the slushies flowing. As for the other drinks, well, thank goodness the bartender's guide is here. ;)

OMD, Randi on two wheels!!! LOOOOK OUT FISTER!!! :D :D
Debbie, don't you hate those nasty viruses, especially when they "run" all over the place....yuck! Hey, maybe we should make that LB cake for the BBQ next year! :cool:

Hey Laurie, check this out.... http://www.hippieclothes.com/page.php?t=main
Groovy man! I still have a poncho that I wore in the late 60's!!

Hi Corinna, Hi Karen.

DONE!

lbaker
11-04-2005, 01:33 PM
You wore yours in the late 60's?? I wore mine in the late last week :eek: :p That web site looks like someone's been sneaking into my closet :rolleyes:

RedHedd
11-04-2005, 01:40 PM
LOL! I tried going shopping for a BD gift for Richard at my newest favorite weird shopping website, however today they have this:

http://www.woot.com :eek: :D :p

and they're sold out - Darn! :D

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Richard would LOVE one of those! Persevere.

lbaker
11-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Well if that don't beat all, drive all the way up to Slicks work and she won't unlock the door :mad: I saw her peeking out the window too!! Just because the hippievan has peacesigns and flowers painted all over it and Grateful Dead BLASTING over the mega-speakers and strange smelling smoke wafting out the [broken] windows... HUMPH ;) Oh well, we can just wait here back at the bar until she gets off work. I think I'll rig a bucket of water trap over the door *heh heh heh*

gini
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
psssstttt, Laurie, I know how to pick locks............come with me!

slick
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
:D :D RedHedd, that's just priceless!!!
Forgive me Laurie....it wasn't the clothes or the van itself. It was that familiar "60's aroma" coming from the van. My boss may be off, but the big boss is in and God knows, we wouldn't want her inhaling that stuff! :eek: Wait a minute, maybe she'll give us all raises. What was I thinking?? ;) :D

I've made a fresh pot of Catnip Tea for the furry ones. Hi Gini, glad to see that you are taking a bit time to breath. All work and no play...

Corinna
11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey was cleaning my closet found my tamborine, and flower wreath . How about a cup of that catnip tea for me it's really good for warming up as it is flaking on and off here today.

davidpizzica
11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
OK, I've got the cakes. Who's driving? Hopefully not Richard. We'll never get there before being pulled over.
Hi, ladies! I'll drive, it will be fun to drive a car again!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
WAH!!!!!!!! :(
I just saw on Yahoo that Vanilla Coke is being discontinued in the US!!!
I could understand it if it was the Lime Coke, but NOOOOOO it's the vanilla!!!
Guess I'll have to switch to Vanilla Pepsi. It's better anyway! ;)

RICHARD
11-04-2005, 03:50 PM
It figures,

I get busy and I miss the party...

Thanks to everyone for getting into the K.I.S.S mood...

I am kinda busy today....work and all....

I love random Cr@p (funny how people get to know you....) and am so easily amused that it's not funny!!!

I do own KK a drink for the Quadrapillarhood! DONE!

I owe you all a huge hug and thanks for putting up with me!!!

And I think it is a wise choice to let someone else drive......

Randi, I didn't know Volkswagon made a motorcycle!! :eek: ;)

I'll be back. :D

Corinna
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh man what a bummer I love the vanilla diet one.

Oggyflute
11-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Wow, did this turn into a flashback or what! :D
Guess whats making a bit of a return downunder?, the dreaded lava lamp. :D
(man I used to sit at watch that for hours under the right conditions :D )
Let,s see.. Flares..check. Purple waistcoat..check. Leather sandals..check. purple headband...check(hey you had to be fashion co-ordinated) The headband might be a bit much as my hair is no longer past my shoulders -the air force at the time wanted short back & sides for some reason. :rolleyes:
But I'm ready, so let's roll. :D

slick
11-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey Trev: Nice to see you here. I'm still at work but planning on leaving soon so I'm sliding down a couple of ice cold Guiness's for you. Enjoy! ;)

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Trev! You've brought a lava lamp for the bar!! I love love love lava lamps! Oh how exciting. :D No it's OK, you can take the other stuff back home with you. Have you any idea why there are 100 cases of Vanilla Coke through the back?

Mario, please put that tambourine down. It's starting to give me a sore head!

slick
11-05-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm lighting a few candles on the bar for sweet Kelly as she is in the hospital again. :( Life is so unfair sometimes.

davidpizzica
11-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm lighting a few candles on the bar for sweet Kelly as she is in the hospital again. :( Life is so unfair sometimes.
Slick, I'll join you and light a few candles for Kelly, also. She is too sweet of a girl for all of this to happen to her.

RICHARD
11-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I am taking a short time out from the days events.....

I am sorry to hear about Kelly's problems.

The truck just left another 100 cases of diet and regular VC out back... :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone,

The truck just left another 100 cases of diet and regular VC out back... :D
Thank goodness!!! After my doctor's visit tomorrow, I'll probably need at least a case of cherry vc!!! ;)

Hope you are having a great BD Richard. Are you watching the NASCAR race? :D

gini
11-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Connie, is it possible to make a vanilla coke yourself? It is just a thought - but if it is possible - I have a HUGE bottle of vanilla (from Mexico) that is excellent and I would be glad to send it to you.

Worth a try - no?

Barkeep - what do you think? Oh, I forgot - he is out celebrating his birthday and probably totally ignoring us right now.

RICHARD
11-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Barkeep - what do you think? Oh, I forgot - he is out celebrating his birthday and probably totally ignoring us right now.

Not ignoring......it was a bad weekend.

Someone passed in the extended family and my sis went to the hospital....
:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
11-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Connie, is it possible to make a vanilla coke yourself? It is just a thought - but if it is possible - I have a HUGE bottle of vanilla (from Mexico) that is excellent and I would be glad to send it to you.

Worth a try - no?
I don't know, maybe Mexican vanilla is better than ours but when I worked at a burger joint, we used a falvored syrup type thing. My brother did used to put vanilla extract in his milk along with some sugar though. It was might tastie. Could give it a try! :D

Gosh, Richard sorry about your family member and sister! Prayers on the way for her and all of you!!!

I'll just help my self to a case of cherry vanilla coke.

davidpizzica
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
First, RICHARD I'm also sorry to hear about your sister and family member, second of all "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!"