PDA

View Full Version : carless

davidpizzica
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
As everyone knows, Ole Blue may be headed to the car section of the Rainbow Bridge. It's kind of rough depending on a car and then not being able to use it. If I have to get groceries, I'd have to walk down a hill for about a mile then walk up the hill with the groceries. I can't cash my paycheck when it comes on friday, there's a lot I can't do. I'm in a holding pattern until I can get together with my brothers to see what we're going to do. It'll cost almost $1100.00 to fix it and it's a 11 year old car. I'm starting to become a little depressed about it now. PT support will help greatly.

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Oh, man, David...I'm so sorry you're in this predicament. It'll be better soon, though...good thoughts are coming your way! I didn't get my license til I was 23, so, I know what it's like. ;)

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Sorry about that.
I've was in the same situation for a LONG time. It was bad having to shop for groceries and carry them back. I would suggest you invest in a new car. I know... expensive. Put that 1,100 toward a down payment and go from there.

Jessika
11-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Urgh gosh when my car was "in the shop" (my parents' garage LOL) I went nearly two weeks without a car before my dad could get the part to fix it, and it was just terrible! I HATED depending on other people for a ride, I felt like such an inconvenience! And then havnig to wait after work for someone to pick you up and if they were late and you closed that night your manager HAS to stay with you until they show up (store policy, I suppose) and its just so embarassing feeling like such an inconvenience! I hope you get everything straightened out asap and you get another mode of transportation!

On a brighter note, you'll be getting a lot more exercise with all that walking! :)

davidpizzica
11-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Sorry about that.
I've was in the same situation for a LONG time. It was bad having to shop for groceries and carry them back. I would suggest you invest in a new car. I know... expensive. Put that 1,100 toward a down payment and go from there.
I'm seriously thinking about another car. Maybe not a brand new one, but a good used one built in the 21st century! LOL!

Jadapit
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Boy David, I feel your pain. The alternator went out on our car so I'm stuck at home without a car. I hate having to ask people (mostly my mom) for rides all the time. My husband does have a company truck so we do have that when hes at home. My thoughts are sure with you. Good luck in deciding what your going to do. :)

davidpizzica
11-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Urgh gosh when my car was "in the shop" (my parents' garage LOL) I went nearly two weeks without a car before my dad could get the part to fix it, and it was just terrible! I HATED depending on other people for a ride, I felt like such an inconvenience! And then havnig to wait after work for someone to pick you up and if they were late and you closed that night your manager HAS to stay with you until they show up (store policy, I suppose) and its just so embarassing feeling like such an inconvenience! I hope you get everything straightened out asap and you get another mode of transportation!

On a brighter note, you'll be getting a lot more exercise with all that walking! :)
Uh, thanks, Jessika, but I get all of the excercise at my job (I'm a groundskeeper at a golf course!)

beeniesmom
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
You could get a Corolla for less than 15k if you are looking for a car.
My brother in law just got one and said that the milage is great.

Jessika
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Well how was I supposed to know that? :P

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
My sympathies are with you. I drive a 1985 that's held together with duct tape and prayers!

davidpizzica
11-02-2005, 02:33 PM
My sympathies are with you. I drive a 1985 that's held together with duct tape and prayers!
Connie, you mean that mine would be a step up for you?

Logan
11-02-2005, 03:55 PM
This morning, when my daughter and I went to the car to leave for school/work, my car wouldn't start. I told my husband, just a few minutes ago, David, that you don't know how much you miss them until you don't have them! Luckily, a good friend came and picked up my daughter for school so she wouldn't be late, and another friend came and helped to jump start my car so I could drive it to the dealership. It spent the day there, had several things checked and fixed and $460 later, I have it back as of about 3:30 this afternoon. But it is a pain!

Good luck finding the right thing.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Connie, you mean that mine would be a step up for you?
:D Well, it would have been before it blew that gasket!!! ;)